Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 04:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Throw around? Me and my big mouth...

Done deal, my man. You can take down Hondas and Mitsubishis, while I toy with Ashok Leylands and Tempo Travellers.
I loved that

BTW while the new safari lacks a bit of character in the external design department, Interiors are ages ahead now. The petrol safari is the best buy bar the Fuel efficiency while the DICOR surely not a dud is an average car. I would rate it 5/10 with the petrol at 7.5/10
Old 5th January 2006, 04:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

i am waiting for ashok leyland to start manufacturing cars.
Old 5th January 2006, 05:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Calling it a dud is an extreme comment and a mag connected to a newspaper like Business Standard should'nt be doing it. They do tend to have some extreme views/opinions weather good or bad.

How come the Scoropio is not a dud for its nervous handling. Or is it just that BSM guys dont like to drive on the highways.
Old 5th January 2006, 10:08   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hint taken...there's a certain blue Baleno that I'd like to throw around a wee bit, too.
Just one word, SMART !!!! (guess ur tiny winy avtar is doing its bit here ) ..

samurai , u better watch out now.. A dicor on rampage as it is bad and u wanting to go up with it with steeroid behind the wheels ??? Only god can help u ... However it will be fun for us tagging behind .. So when are we up for a long drive boys ( or rather uncles !!!! ) ..
Old 5th January 2006, 10:50   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
samurai , u better watch out now.. A dicor on rampage as it is bad and u wanting to go up with it with steeroid behind the wheels ??? Only god can help u
Well, I wasn't hinting at racing my Baleno against a DICOR, I am not much of a street racer and I don't believe I would push my Baleno to it's limits, may be just to my limits.

However, I do wonder what would happen if Dicor goes against a Baleno assuming both are driven by equally competent drivers on a smooth highway. Can Dicor match Baleno's pace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
... However it will be fun for us tagging behind .. So when are we up for a long drive boys ( or rather uncles !!!! ) ..
I just did 430Kms drive one way, two days back.
Old 5th January 2006, 10:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

The car itself aint bad but the plastics dont befit a car costing a million rupees, nigling problems still keep cropping up but they aint as serious they used to be. Scorpio might be a nervous handler but the engine is a bomb..... they are in the process of chaging the rear leaf spring suspension with a coil spring suspension... so that might take care of its only major flaw.
Why can't tata do something to the safari engine like it has done to the indica engine.... that thing has 5500 rpm redline and more than 2500 rpm of power band to play with.... merrily!
Old 5th January 2006, 10:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
However, I do wonder what would happen if Dicor goes against a Baleno assuming both are driven by equally competent drivers on a smooth highway. Can Dicor match Baleno's pace?
Smooth highways.... something rare in this part of the world (its improving though).... a rough patch and baleno will vanish, nowhere to be seen!
Old 5th January 2006, 11:10   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't believe I would push my Baleno to it's limits, may be just to my limits.
Thats one of the most sensible comments I have seen on Team-BHP thus far. Well said!

GTO
Old 5th January 2006, 11:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Can Dicor match Baleno's pace?
Not at the moment, because the #@)#$(*% top speed is limited to somewhere around 14o kmph (150 on the Speedo).

If Psycho can find a way around that, its a different matter. I guess we (Dud Dicor and me) will take our time, but we'll be right there at your tail...I think I know our limits and it definitely is beyond 140 kmph.

I'm taking the dud out for a fast run tonite to check whether the 'software upgrade' has worked on the top speed.

I've got the perfect name for my vehicle - "Al Scud Dud".

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
but does this mean will dicor seconds would be as cheap as old safari
Perhaps, but not AX9800 which is going to remain with me for some time. I've just checked out some custom 4X4 suspension from the shop where I picked up Psycho's fix (laughing gas kit)....looks very interesting.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th January 2006 at 11:31.
Old 5th January 2006, 11:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Thats one of the most sensible comments I have seen on Team-BHP thus far. Well said!
Hey Thanks! Although I made up that line, it was inspired by one dialogue in Star Wars (The Empire Strikes back) where Han Solo comments about Starship fighters flying faster than their skill allows. I first heard that dialogue in early eighties, but it got stuck in my head forever. When I started driving, it become one of my guiding principles.
Old 5th January 2006, 12:29   #26
BANNED

BSM's the real dud here. I'm no fan of Tata, but I don't think those fools are qualified to judge a car. They write like a bunch of second class junior college English students who can't get over the fact that someone's actually reading their crap and letting them drive cars.
Old 5th January 2006, 13:25   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Thanks! Although I made up that line, it was inspired by one dialogue in Star Wars (The Empire Strikes back) where Han Solo comments about Starship fighters flying faster than their skill allows. I first heard that dialogue in early eighties, but it got stuck in my head forever. When I started driving, it become one of my guiding principles.
And perhaps the wisdom / mental discipline gained from Martial arts training?

GTO
Old 5th January 2006, 14:16   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Calling it a dud is an extreme comment... Or is it just that BSM guys dont like to drive on the highways.
No. The fact is that BSM has some tremendous antipathy towards the Tata vehicles. It is a fact. If you have followed them only in the last 1 year even then you will know. Ask them about Indica, Indigo, Safari... the moment it is a Tata vehicle they seem to see red! I don't know why
Old 5th January 2006, 14:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata and Hyundai vehicles dont feature in their bouquet of favourites, which consists of Fiat, Mahindra and Ford. Any crap dished out by these manufacturers will receive accolades from BSM and hundreds of 'which car' recommendations. I particularly remember a reader asking them specifically about the Indigo and BSM actually responding that they havent gotten around to testing it as yet. They recommended the Fiat Petra D to this reader when nobody was sure where that company was heading.
Are bhai Steer, why are you dragging poor Fiat in this, as if they already have less issues to handle? I very often go through their "Which car?" section and in last 1 year, I am yet to see a single recommendation from BSM guys for Fiat cars. Even when people asked if they can buy Palio, a stereotype answer is "Wait for Getz" or "Wait for Getz" (earlier) or "Go for swift, its new, powerful..." (recently).
Coming back to Indigo and Petra, there is no comparison. Petra is far far superior to Indigo any day (No offence to Indigo owners). Whether its ride or handling or performance or FE. (I have used both Indigo and Petra Petrols).
Old 5th January 2006, 15:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Ahhh BSM...
3. If you go through previous issues of BSM you will come across similar references to the Indica and Indigo.
As much as I like reading BSM I agree with this one.....when I was looking for petrol Indica reviews, I found out that its the only car which has not been properly tested and reviewed after its facelift/changes and in comparison all sorts of Fiats and Suzukis have been.

I mean yeah you can like a particular brand and dislike anotehr but atleast be professional and try to be objective when it comes to content like road-tests and reviews.

Also they never ever recommend or even take its name even if it might suit the requirements..its always the WagonR or the Palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks