Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2006, 21:31   #61
BHPian

I wouldn't bother too much about BSM's comments if i were a prospective buyer of the DICOR, simply because their reviews are not exhaustive and are inconsistent/blatantly incorrect in many cases.

I remember reading a road test of the Baleno in the 1999(or 2000) issue of the BSM and those guys actually said that the pace of the Baleno is more in comparison to the Astra and the Accent rather than the Lancer and the Honda!

The BSM folks are often guilty of judging a car by it's brandname/manufacturer rather than as a product in itself.
Old 7th January 2006, 21:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Top gear is worse as far as timing tests go. They did a 0-90 pr santro wagonr and indica petrol. Indica petrol was the slowest ?!
I would not trust their timings. their road tests are so lacking in depth. If it wasnt for the international content I wouldn't buy that piece of trash!
which issue are you talking about. please let me know.
Old 7th January 2006, 23:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

dud or not- my first propah SUV (discounting the gypsy) was a safari, and no matter how many flaws it had, i loved it- and i still love it. the safari is the real INDIAN deal...as for the BSM guys- great reporters, good enthusiasts, poor judge of cars and markets...that's it. the BSM is like a sunday supermarket tabloid from queens N.Y.- great read and fun, little substance....

samurai sir- i thought the first lesson in martial arts was to free the mind, absolve all boundaries; strong will and concentration of the mind can conquer all, adversaries and adversities alike; therefore, you (or anybody here) should be able to push ANY car to ITS limits, conditions permitting....he..he... i had tried to learn martial arts too...but haven't been in touch since the past 8 years (which means i don't remember even the basic chi steps) ; so forgive my ignorances, if any...

p.s- steeroid bhai; it seems like this particular thread has influenced a change in signatures....
Old 8th January 2006, 01:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
strong will and concentration of the mind can conquer all, adversaries and adversities alike; therefore, you (or anybody here) should be able to push ANY car to ITS limits, conditions permitting....he..he...
Wrong analogy. The martial arts quote was not about pushing the car to the limit. Unlike martial arts, one doesn't need years of training to floor the accelerator, all you need is momentary insanity.
Old 8th January 2006, 13:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Wrong analogy. The martial arts quote was not about pushing the car to the limit. Unlike martial arts, one doesn't need years of training to floor the accelerator, all you need is momentary insanity.
no, the quote was about the human mind- but then, simply flooring the throttle isn't pushing the car to it's limits, is it...? therefore, you DO need years of experience and training to push the limits of the car (not engine; flooring the throttle alone is simply squeezing the engine; flooring the throttle while heel-toeing and apexing, that's pushing the car to it's limits) - not just in straight line acceleration, but also in handling, among other aspects....

aaah...but then, you meant pushing the car to ONE's OWN limits, didn't you...but then again, like i said, with experience and the right state of mind, man hath no limits...he..he..
Old 8th January 2006, 23:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Miyagi no understand talk between Veyron and Samurai...

Steer, I preferred the old tagline, for what my opinion's worth...
Old 9th January 2006, 00:29   #67
Team-BHP Support

The current one, Jan 2006
Old 9th January 2006, 11:52   #68
BHPian

Well, they've praised the Indica/go/Marina

While they might have called the Safari a dud, the BSM folks have rated the Indica/Go/Marina very highly. I was probably more surprised at their rating these cars at 8/10. Did anyone else notice this?

Superavi
Old 9th January 2006, 20:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

@superavi: hmmm....perhaps BSM is pissed at tata for not offering this engine on the safari long ago, when it deserved the powerplant more; now with the able competition and more in the pipeline, perhaps the safari deserves more power...

@v1p3r...hahaha....hai, v1p3r san...veyron no talk "takada" no more....and...i liked your previous tagline too; the one with mclaren and psycho's thoughts....
Old 10th January 2006, 18:26   #70
BHPian

I doubt if the BSM dudes put their a$$es into a Dicor and took it for a serious test drive.. This kind of armchair judgement is nothing new for them..
The Dicor has its share of traditional Tata new launch issues, but in no way can it be called a dud.. It is still the only true SUV this side of a million rupees..

3 weeks ago, I took it to the hills of Yercaud. It does off-roading like a dream. It does highway cruising like a dream. It is OK in the city due to the tall gearing and huge torque, despite the low revving engine. Net result - a damn good vehicle if you are looking for a SUV.
As I said in an earlier post, this gives you better A-B times on the highways, despite traffic and road conditions. Even in city, very few people mess about with you on the road and you can do faster times than most sedans..
Anyway, BSM is entitled to their opinion.. Scan the other auto mags for diametrically opposite views..
Old 10th January 2006, 20:05   #71
SUV
BHPian

Check My Post on the TATA...ZZA .... Prolly after BSM read's it they will realise they were the DUD's :-)
Old 11th January 2006, 22:45   #72

the safari has been the most comfortable car that i have travelled in; in the co-driver's seat. (my son knows more about the driver seat comfort). although i have not read the BSM article, i will say this; the safari is no dud, DICOR or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks