Team-BHP - Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing just for Rs 199
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing just for Rs 199 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96717-breakdown-assistance-1-year-wheel-alignment-wheel-balancing-just-rs-199-a.html)

Carnation is offering 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing all worth Rs 1200 for just Rs 199. This offer is through snapdeal.com

What do you guys think about it?

I just got this deal as well from Carnation. After the previous experience with the waxing, not sure if I'd want to take this offer up, but would sure love to hear other's experiences and base my decision on that.

Prajwal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsun Soni (Post 2246850)
Carnation is offering 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing all worth Rs 1200 for just Rs 199. This offer is through snapdeal.com

What do you guys think about it?

I am scared of them post their Wash & Wax deal ( even though my experience was good).
Will stay away from them for sure.

The way the handled the wash and wax promotion I never want to go back to them. I wouldn't trust those clowns at carnation with anything at all!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...carnation.html

Pay Rs 199 for 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, Wash, Polish and a 25 Point Check Up, all worth Rs 1600 at Carnation Auto.

24x7 Service Coverages -
Tyre change
Onsite repairing of the Vehicle like minor electrical problems, horn not stopping, brake or oil top up
Replacement keys
Fuel delivery
Emptying of the fuel tank in case of wrong fuel
Legal Assistance coordination
Medical Assistance coordination

Worth it?or will they bomb it like the wash+wax promo(which is included too):Frustrati

Smart, really smart. If your car breaks down, where do you think they will tow your car to? Of course a local Carnation outlet!

I just hope they have the logistics in place; their last car wash offer actually left a lot of car owners bitter with the experience.

A good offer, innovative and tempting.

Nothing wrong about the offer but there is no free lunch.

This is an attempt to get foot falls at their centre and once there the work done of the car in addition to what is mentioned as free would not be free. The Balancing may be free but the weights for balancing would be chargeable and that is anyways the major expense.

As GTO mentions, addtional work that one would get done on the car would be charged. Say one lands up at the centre due to a fault with the Battery, then one is also likely to buy the battery from them and this even if priced competitively would cover the expense that they make on your car.

Similarly if the Service advisor tells you that your brake pads are worn out when you go for the battery or other break down work, then you are likely to use their services to change the break pads as well.

As mentioned earlier nothing wrong with the offer, but they will have their pound of ..

I know one thing for sure in a capitalist market. If an offer is too good to be true, it simply is!

offering something at only 18-20% of the value is very tempting to the non discerning audience

I would agree with you Mafia in normal course. But Carnation is looking to penetrate the market and wants to increase the number of people they serve. Plus, Carnation has certain pedigree to it which comes from the people who control the institution. I believe that any deficient service by carnation would be very very costly in long term for them.

This practice of attractive pricing to increase user base is common in other industries such as telecom where DTH players take a loss of about 3-4k for each subscriber they add. It is one of the first times we are seeing it in service space in automobiles in India.

What indeed needs to be done is that a fair assessment needs to be done of the capability of Carnation to service large number of users who will enroll in such an attractive offer.

Quote:

Car Breakdown Service in NCR for one year @Rs.149/-

Car Breakdown Services! Pay Rs 149 and avail card for 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, worth Rs 499 delivered at your doorstep with Race

Daily Deals - Discount Coupon Codes/Promo Codes for up to 90% Discounts in your City - Snapdeal.com

What do you say guys, should I take it for my 4.5 years old Civic?

why not?
but they're all the same.
you gotta keep 3 hours clear when you contact them.
i only use mine in the worst case scenario.

PS:bajaj allianz also offers this free with their insurance

Royal sundaram too sell this for Rs.140 in partnership with MyTVS alongwith their insurance policies.
They also provide towing service, 5 litres of petrol incase of fuel loss, etc