Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 16:57   #91
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

New passat being unloaded and riven into the EVM showroom in Ernakulam.
Excuse me for the bad quality of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-29032011.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-29032011002.jpg  

Old 30th March 2011, 19:21   #92
BHPian

In my opinion the Trendline version of the New Passat will come with the Petrol 1.8 Tsi engine.This time also DSG won't make it to the petrol version and it will be sold with manual option only.What do you guys think?
Old 30th March 2011, 19:48   #93

HI BHPians,

I was just comparing the ComfortLine and Highline models for the newly launched Passat.

The data on their website (as is the case with almost all car manufacturers) is ordered in a manner to ensure that the user cannot make a head to head comparison , so I've created an excel sheet with the data in two columns.

Reproducing the differences between Highline(HL) and Comfortline (CL) for everyone's convenience over here:

Exterior
- 5 alloy wheels in HL vs. 4+1 steel in CL

Interior
- Nappa leather seating in HL vs Vienna leather seating in CL
- Colour multifunction display in HL vs. Multifunction plus display in CL
- HL only - Stainless steel scuff plates on front and rear door steps, with "Passat" nameplate

Comfort
- 12 Way electrically adjustable front seats in HL vs 6 Way electrically adjustable front seats in CL
- HL only: Driver seat with 3 position memory
- HL only: Front climate seats with active air-conditioning
- HL only: "Keyless Access" system including start/stop button (I wonder if this is that wonderful foot activated boot opening )
- HL only: Park Assist - Self parking system
- HL only: Rear view camera concealed in Volkswagen logo
- HL only: Tyre pressure monitoring system

HL boasts of a pretty good set of features over CL, wish I can could afford this!!

**drooling**
Attached Files
File Type: xls VolkswagenPassatVariants.xls (24.5 KB, 766 views)
Old 31st March 2011, 21:58   #94
BHPian

Well well well, great first impressions, good noble look just like Polo/Vento upfront. Rear end has similar sort of styling as it is newer Audis' and Superb.
The pricing together with the features set look to be on the better side (read petrol variant coming).
It might just deal the Accord a killer blow, on flip-side it will impact the Superb as well.
The park assist is capable of both parking in parallel and row parking scenarios.
Old 31st March 2011, 22:41   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

What is this "self-parking system"?

I couldn't stand the flash on the VW site, but downloaded the brochure, and could only find mention of something that sounded just like a rear-view camera
Old 31st March 2011, 23:02   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What is this "self-parking system"?

I couldn't stand the flash on the VW site, but downloaded the brochure, and could only find mention of something that sounded just like a rear-view camera
Drive past a parking spot with the Park assist button ON. The car will calculate if it can fit in the spot. If it can it will tell you to put the car in appropriate gear. Once in gear, let go of steering wheel and dab the acc pedal. Car will turn by itself based on your throttle input. Voila you have a parked car. A car that will do the steering into the parking bay but you still have to change gears and press the gas and brake.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:09   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

I stopped by VW Gurgaon today to check out the new Passat. They had no clue about the car, no display car, no brochure, all despite a full newspaper advertisement in Times of India.

No change in arrogance. Sick..nothing else but sick. What use is a suit clad welldressed goodlooking salesperson when he knows nothing and they don't have a car on display(Forget a TD car for another month(s)).
Old 1st April 2011, 00:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
- Climate Seats (Active ventilation and Massage function)
Is the climate seat for driver only or all 4?
170 for a single turbo is kinda high. We'll have to see how laggy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Bye bye Superb Diesel.
Superb petrol is itself killing the Superb Diesel. 4 lakhs odd premium they charge is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
German build, ride and handling..
Ride was in issue, hopefully its sorted.

@FS, the 170 bhp engine will be used across the board by V(S)AG

Last edited by Mpower : 1st April 2011 at 00:39.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:56   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is the climate seat for driver only or all 4?
170 for a single turbo is kinda high. We'll have to see how laggy it is.
Superb petrol is itself killing the Superb Diesel. 4 lakhs odd premium they charge is ridiculous.
Ride was in issue, hopefully its sorted.

@FS, the 170 bhp engine will be used across the board by V(S)AG
The climate seats are for the front 2 seats I think.

From what ive heard, the lag is not too bad in this engine.

Very true about the Superb.

Do you mean even the Superb and the A4 will come with the 170bhp versions from now on? If so that is good.

Hopefully the Superb pricing will be revised and placed a little lower, praying no features are removed. This should be in tune with what was done with the Fabia vs Polo.
Old 1st April 2011, 01:15   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Drive past a parking spot with the Park assist button ON. The car will calculate if it can fit in the spot. If it can it will tell you to put the car in appropriate gear. Once in gear, let go of steering wheel and dab the acc pedal. Car will turn by itself based on your throttle input. Voila you have a parked car. A car that will do the steering into the parking bay but you still have to change gears and press the gas and brake.
Hmmm... thanks. I'll admit that there are times when I might miss out on a space that the car actually would have fitted into, but, on the whole, I think I'm happy to drive the car myself.

The salesman tried to sell me rear-view stuff for my swift. In all modesty, I told him, "it's a small hatchback, and I can drive."

On the other hand... a friend's Lexus, back in UK, displays a picture of the rear view, with the track the car would follow when reversed according to the steering position. I still say I can drive, but this is clever gadgetry!
Old 1st April 2011, 01:44   #101
BHPian

Mouthwatering Price from VW for a passat. Seems like VW has its own aims for the market share. But their advertisements on the newspapers are getting pesky.
Old 1st April 2011, 08:18   #102
BHPian

Hey guys, the car has landed in the stock yard for VW Downtown and i saw the car. Looks great in flesh. Waiting to get my hands on the car. However i got info from VW that that test drive car will come by only by April end in Bangalore.

However i am leaving for a Passat training in Aurangabad next week, really excited about that.
Old 1st April 2011, 09:34   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the new Passat kept on display at VW Cochin. Pics as seen earlier.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:08   #104
BHPian

Hi everyone, the on road prices for bangalore has been announced.
Trendline MT. - 26,24,712
Comfortline DSG - 29,99,910
Highline DSG - 32,31,280

Prices include extended warranty for 2 years apart from standard warranty of 2 yrs.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:46   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I stopped by VW Gurgaon today to check out the new Passat. They had no clue about the car, no display car, no brochure, all despite a full newspaper advertisement in Times of India.

No change in arrogance. Sick..nothing else but sick. What use is a suit clad welldressed goodlooking salesperson when he knows nothing and they don't have a car on display(Forget a TD car for another month(s)).
I finally got in touch with Elite. The receptionist seemed firstly puzzled when I said I wanted to talk to someone about the new Passat. The salesman who came on line had no clue about the new model, but at least he said he would study the info he had received and would call back in 30 min.

No call after 60 min, so I called him. He still wasn't very sure, but indicated that delivery was around 4 weeks and wasn't too clear on what colours were available. What took the cake was when he said, "No test drive possible for Passat!" I asked him how I can buy a car without test driving it and he had no answer.

Sales people of all products these days seem to have gone from bad to worse. So far the worst salesmen I've come across are home appliance showrooms, but it appears car salesmen are heading there too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks