Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 16:52   #76
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched starting 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Aha. This is a nice, statesman like grown up looking car with all the goodies. This is just perfect for my dad. All that a A4 could offer at 60% of the cost!
Old 29th March 2011, 17:12   #77
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched starting 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Tried calling Elite, no answer. Wouldn't you have extra people by the telephone when something like this is launched??
Old 29th March 2011, 17:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
In terms of the 'new looks' with this new design language, VW will be able to uplift the Phaeton (just in case the same lingo goes into it), and would become less of a 'looker' with all their remaining portfolio. They're steadily making all their cars 'boring'.
The Phaeton is already with the new look, and that is what got borrowed into the new Passat. This one really looks like a Baby Phaeton.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Launch report and pictures added on Page 5 - Post # 71.

POST LINK

Last edited by Stratos : 29th March 2011 at 17:27.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:44   #80
BHPian

26.85 for the top end ex-showroom translates to around 32 on road ? Isnt that bang in the middle of A4 , 3 series and the C territory albeit in different levels of trim ?

Aaagrh ! The typical dilemma arises whether to go for a fully loaded car which is half a segment lower or go for the executive versions of the higher segment !
Old 29th March 2011, 21:40   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys now that the passat has finally come, when is the new Jetta making its way into our country?
Old 30th March 2011, 00:55   #82
BHPian

New Passat Detials updated on VW (India) website The new Passat from Volkswagen. < New Passat < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Old 30th March 2011, 09:05   #83
BHPian

I wonder the new passat ckd kit is from which country?.As the price is so attractive it could be from china? the last passat was from brazil.
Old 30th March 2011, 09:13   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I wonder the new passat ckd kit is from which country?.As the price is so attractive it could be from china? the last passat was from brazil.
Most probably it will not be from China. The new Passat launched here is not for China / US markets. From what I know, they are going to have a new 2012 version (different from the B7 launched here and in Europe).
Old 30th March 2011, 09:45   #85
BHPian

Looks like the new Passat is without ashtrays.The old one has two ashtrays,on left and right side of emergency light and below ac vents.I use it to keep toll tickets and loose coins
Attached Thumbnails
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-passat-2009.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-passat-2011.jpg  

Old 30th March 2011, 09:50   #86
BHPian

I think an OR price of 20 for the base version would've made a killing. I think the i45, once introduced, which I think may probably be around 19 OR, would blow the competition away.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:19   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

The more I see the pictures the more I fall in love with that analogue watch. Kudos to the guy who thought of such a small change. I feel it really adds character and a whole new classic look to the interiors.

Anyother car has the same set up?
Old 30th March 2011, 10:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The more I see the pictures the more I fall in love with that analogue watch. Kudos to the guy who thought of such a small change. I feel it really adds character and a whole new classic look to the interiors. ......
I fall in love every time I see a new German car. Their designs; exterior, interior and every element in itself and all elements taken together is simply way too appealing in comparison just about any other car besides German. Neither too brazen, nor too coy; neither too audacious, nor too conventional; neither too much out of proportion nor too much within bounds. They are not too kinetic (read Ford), nor too fluidic (read Hyundai) and it's always just right - I don't know how they get it right all the time.

It also also amazing how well the car designs look fresh even after passage of time - A couple of 2007 Passats I see near my place still looks fresh to me but an Accord of the same vintage looks relatively old.

Just watching them is pleasing to the eye and makes you realize that a thing of beauty is joy forever.

Now if only they were as reliable as they are beautiful!

Cheers,
Old 30th March 2011, 12:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Expect the Skoda Superb with the 170hp engine soon. And maybe a Laura VRs with the 170hp engine too.
I have seen the Laura VRs a month or so ago in Coimbatore! I have the pics in my cell phone(I am not using these days). It has cool looking HID projector lamps, body integrated wind spoiler on the rear, I think seven spoke alloys and twin exhausts(??)!!
Old 30th March 2011, 14:31   #90
Team-BHP Support

Oh wow, this is THE car to buy.

170bhp diesel.
6 speed DSG.
German build, ride and handling.
Features like cooled massaging seats, self parking.

Bye bye Superb Diesel.

VW has priced it spot on, and I think they will do very well like they have with the Polo and the Vento.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed