Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 11:50   #106
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hi everyone, the on road prices for bangalore has been announced.
Trendline MT. - 26,24,712
Comfortline DSG - 29,99,910
Highline DSG - 32,31,280

Prices include extended warranty for 2 years apart from standard warranty of 2 yrs.
I got completely different figures from Elite. He said CL was 26 odd on road. I asked him if he was sure it was the on road price and he said yes! He was right about the HL price though.
Old 1st April 2011, 14:46   #107
BHPian

Good looking baby Phaeton, however with the on road pricing, a head to head comparism of the skoda superb, would certainly make the superb still an attractive buy IMO as your still under 25l, for all the bells and whistles that come in the superb.
Old 1st April 2011, 16:50   #108
BHPian

What about the issue of reliability? Can we expect problems similar to what was discussed here?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ems-alert.html

I used an Opel Astra for many years, loved the drive, the build quality, the interiors, but it was a killer when it came to service bills or maintenance charges. Maybe that's the European way, good drive, good build and also good (meaning high) bills!
Old 1st April 2011, 20:19   #109
mxx
BHPian

Any idea if the petrol is going to be 1.8 or 2.0 TFSI?
Old 1st April 2011, 22:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Drive past a parking spot with the Park assist button ON. The car will calculate if it can fit in the spot. If it can it will tell you to put the car in appropriate gear. Once in gear, let go of steering wheel and dab the acc pedal. Car will turn by itself based on your throttle input. Voila you have a parked car. A car that will do the steering into the parking bay but you still have to change gears and press the gas and brake.
Yes, that's more or less it. Had a chance to see it in practice on VW Tiguan, and the owner said that its kind of ok, but doesn't really do the tightest parking slot. For that you still need to do it the old fashioned way. Also, you still press the accelerator, so you better still observe what's happening :-)
Old 2nd April 2011, 01:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
I got completely different figures from Elite. He said CL was 26 odd on road. I asked him if he was sure it was the on road price and he said yes! He was right about the HL price though.
The prices quoted above are the exact prices, and also the trendline is not launched as of now is what info i got.

As of now there will be only CL & HL DSG. MT TL and Petrol versions will follow soon.

Also VW has not send any TD cars yet, its only display cars send to dealers, as a part of launch program.

I got a chance to drive the car yest for a very small stretch and spend some time drooling the car. They are putting it on display soon.

Last edited by srikant : 2nd April 2011 at 01:15.
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:13   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Yes, that's more or less it. Had a chance to see it in practice on VW Tiguan, and the owner said that its kind of ok, but doesn't really do the tightest parking slot. For that you still need to do it the old fashioned way. Also, you still press the accelerator, so you better still observe what's happening :-)
With a large car like Passat and the precision required to park in Bangalore this feature will never get used. Finally they found a feature that is more useless than cruise-control.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:26   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
I was just comparing the ComfortLine and Highline models for the newly launched Passat.
Thanks for the comparison. As you mentioned, the HL is really loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
- HL only: "Keyless Access" system including start/stop button (I wonder if this is that wonderful foot activated boot opening )
I don't think Keyless Access include the foot activated boot opening option. I remember seeing that mentioned as a separate option in the spec. sheet for other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
With a large car like Passat and the precision required to park in Bangalore this feature will never get used. Finally they found a feature that is more useless than cruise-control.
Not really true. This is quite a nifty feature, and is useful for precision parking in tight spots. I have seen it in action in a Superb, and was really impressed.

A video attached (of Passat CC) - to have a glimpse of driver inputs required.
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:02   #114
Team-BHP Support

They are offering some pretty comprehensive maintenance packages. More on this soon
Old 3rd April 2011, 08:09   #115
BHPian

I explored new passat at VW navi mumbai showroom yesterday.My first impression is very good.I own a passat 2009 TDI DSG.New passat is better looking and inside finish is topclass,much better than old passat.I did not get a chance to operate ParkAssist 2 as this one is not for TD.
The new Passat's main battery is in the boot(the salesman has no idea).As all VW products are cheaper in maharashtra,on road price for highline in navi mumbai is Rs.28.6L.In mumbai it will be 29L+ it includes extended warranty but no three year service pakage.
Old 3rd April 2011, 08:21   #116
BHPian

The new Passat has been put on display at Volkswagen Downtown Bangalore at Magarath Road.
Old 3rd April 2011, 10:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I explored new passat at VW navi mumbai showroom yesterday.My first impression is very good.I own a passat 2009 TDI DSG.New passat is better looking and inside finish is topclass,much better than old passat.I did not get a chance to operate ParkAssist 2 as this one is not for TD.
The new Passat's main battery is in the boot(the salesman has no idea).As all VW products are cheaper in maharashtra,on road price for highline in navi mumbai is Rs.28.6L.In mumbai it will be 29L+ it includes extended warranty but no three year service pakage.
Which one? The VW downtown mumbai don't have the car in display.
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:31   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They are offering some pretty comprehensive maintenance packages. More on this soon
This will take the fight to a whole new level! Hope they come up with a package that is more than a marketing/sales stunt.
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:02   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Which one? The VW downtown mumbai don't have the car in display.
VW Downtown does have the Passat Highline on display. Going to have a look at it today.
Old 4th April 2011, 13:06   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not really true. This is quite a nifty feature, and is useful for precision parking in tight spots. I have seen it in action in a Superb, and was really impressed.

A video attached (of Passat CC) - to have a glimpse of driver inputs required.
YouTube - VW Passat CC - Auto Parking Assist 2.0
Well, you're right that it helps somewhat. I got a live demo of it in Paris (one of the most traffic dense in Europe) from my colleague, but he prefers to still park it manually using the RVMs and the parking sensor inputs. I guess its also to do with irregular objects etc which are found in some parking slots, and whether you'll trust the system blindly with the turning and positioning ? Maybe its also getting familiar and being able to trust it. For eg. in India, there maybe a pit or open drain grill or whatever, you better decide how close to the kerb you're going to go - if the steering is in the computer's hands and it does not see the same, you could land up in an unpleasant spot! On the other hand, in a proper parking lot, it could be pretty useful - for me, I rather improve my driving by doing it manually :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks