Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 19:07   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
I see a minimum launch price at close to or above Figo Diesel that is if they launch a PS variant of it. If like Micra or I20 they launch a higher variant, it might as well go above.
Beat is one full size smaller than the Swift and Figo. If it has to make a mark and get volumes it must be priced about 40-50k lesser on road compared to the Figo. Pricing followed by features(Airbags variant) was one of the crucial factors how Figo was able to generate significant volumes from the still diesel leader Swift.
Old 21st May 2011, 09:38   #167
e46
BHPian

From the pics posted by Naparajito in post 139, the tyres looks to be 15 inchers. Are they?

Any tentative date for its launch? Looks to be an ideal deal for city commuting with petr prices going over the roof. Any updates on this?

Also, existing Beat owners please confirm if the seat height being low would be an issue for average height drivers? I am 5 6".
Old 21st May 2011, 12:18   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Any tentative date for its launch? Looks to be an ideal deal for city commuting with petr prices going over the roof. Any updates on this?

Also, existing Beat owners please confirm if the seat height being low would be an issue for average height drivers? I am 5 6".
As fas as I know, the car will be launched in June / July.
Regarding your query about the low seats, yes, the visibility is restricted due to the high set dash. I don't own a Beat, but have test driven it thrice. Iam 5.6" too and have observed that the visibility issue arises only under certain circumstances. Other wise the car is good to drive and comfortable. Probably cushioning the seats would help to solve the issue.
auto-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 12:29   #169
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
As fas as I know, the car will be launched in June / July.
Regarding your query about the low seats, yes, the visibility is restricted due to the high set dash. I don't own a Beat, but have test driven it thrice. Iam 5.6" too and have observed that the visibility issue arises only under certain circumstances. Other wise the car is good to drive and comfortable. Probably cushioning the seats would help to solve the issue.
Thanks for the info. Yes, even I was thinking of padding the seat up till i get accustomed to the view.

Regards,
Abhi
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I spotted two Beat diesels undergoing testing at the ARAI; when I had gone to the ARAI hills for my morning walk. One was a sanddrift grey and another one was a white one. Sorry, no pics or videos because I was caught unawares. Strange part what I thought is that the engine is very noisy, like a Matador engine. I wish I could have taken a video, to demonstrate the noisiness of the engine. Maybe these were test cars, actual production models might have less noisier engines.
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:55   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hey W.A.G.7 , I guess GM adds more dampening before the product hits the market. Years ago, on the same hills, I saw the yet to be launched Optra diesel on the same road, and boy was it making a godawful racket. It sounded like a badly maintained 207 with its hood open. I reported the same elsewhere on the forum.
However, the final product wasnt so bad.. But then, this is(probably) a 3 Cylinder , doubt how much they can silence it.

PS : I thought ARAI was closed on Sundays.
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:27   #172
Senior - BHPian

I thought the car undergoing tests at ARAI had to be exactly the same as the final version of the car, that would reach the customers. Most diesels are noisy on the outside, but with good insulation, the cabin can be kept mum, and a good music system will make sure that the driver or the passengers would not get a hint about what fuel the car is sipping. Hope the Beat does the same too.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:19   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Today morning, I spotted two Beat diesels undergoing testing at the ARAI; when I had gone to the ARAI hills for my morning walk. One was a sanddrift grey
I saw the same vehicle on the expressway near the lonavala ghat section. I can bet on it that it has really good torque as it was pulling up with AC very comfortably while I was struggling in my zen.

So, i guess this would be a good city car with more emphasis on city driving and occasional highway runs.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:24   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Latest news on the pricing & confirmation of the engine specs, courtesy indiancarsbike

2011 Chevrolet Beat diesel to cost 10-15% more than the petrol model! | IndianCarsBikes.in

At Rs 4 lacs price for entry level for the Beat, it could give a better fight to its competitors & increase the sales numbers to respectable figures.

I really doubt this 10 to 15 % premium for diesel. If you do the math you will see that Beat LPG itself is at a premium of 9% over Beat petrol. Usually Diesel varients are priced at a premium of 20 to 25% over their petrol counterparts.

Last edited by allwheeldrive : 25th May 2011 at 10:26. Reason: mistake
Old 25th May 2011, 11:37   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
I really doubt this 10 to 15 % premium for diesel. If you do the math you will see that Beat LPG itself is at a premium of 9% over Beat petrol. Usually Diesel varients are priced at a premium of 20 to 25% over their petrol counterparts.
Well that would be more like my guess on diesel pricing. No way the price difference can be just about 10 to 15%
Old 25th May 2011, 13:58   #176
Senior - BHPian

^^^ The Petrol Beat is 1.2L 4 cylinder model that produces 80 ps power, & the base is priced at Rs.3.6 lacs ex-showroom. 15% hike in the cost would mean almost Rs.4.2 lacs ex-showroom cost of the base Diesel. Please note that the Beat Diesel will be a 3 cylinder 1L motor producing around 60 bhp.

With the competitors much acclaimed 4-cylinder models all of which are over 1.2L in size & producing 70+ bhp, & the prices starting from Rs.4.6 lacs onwards, don't you guys think Rs.4.5 lacs will be too ambitious pricing for the Diesel Beat (which is not exactly setting the sales charts on fire).

Pardon me but, I still feel that Rs.4 to 4.25 lacs is the correct price range for base Beat Diesel, lest it will take some serious Beat-ing from much acclaimed better equipped, performing & customer serving competitors.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:01   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I saw the same vehicle on the expressway near the lonavala ghat section. I can bet on it that it has really good torque as it was pulling up with AC very comfortably while I was struggling in my zen.

I saw one doing rounds near Hosur last Sunday. The car had stopped for paying the toll and felt pretty silent . Sorry for the poor quality picture from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-beat-tdci.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2011 at 01:21. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:51   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I saw one doing rounds near Hosur last Sunday. The car had stopped for paying the toll and felt pretty silent . Sorry for the poor quality picture from my mobile.
Thanks for the pic kaushal. Just noticed that it has a rear wiper and from the Beat website, I see that only the top end LT variant has a rear wiper in the petrol line up ! Link:: Chevrolet Beat 1.2 PS, Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LS & Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT specifications

Guess we can expect a "fully loaded" Diesel variant just like the petrol. I somehow miss the rear wash / wipe in my swift VDi. Good to see that manufacturers are launching full specced Diesel variants.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Caught this car on the coimbature-Bangalore highway. Talked to the driver who was very polite, said that it'll come with a 3 cylinder engine with power output of about 63Bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I simply hope PS, LS & LT with TCDi and LT(O) with VCDi

Also as per earlier pic 15" shoes (if true) will definitely increase GCand enhance aesthetics.

So, any idea about launch date?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 26th May 2011, 18:48   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just noticed that it has a rear wiper and from the Beat website, I see that only the top end LT variant has a rear wiper in the petrol line up !
Guess we can expect a "fully loaded" Diesel variant just like the petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I simply hope PS, LS & LT with TCDi and LT(O) with VCDi

So, any idea about launch date?
Vinu
Only the LT and LT ( O ) variants of the Petrol Beat are equipped with a rear wiper, while in case of the LPG Beat, only the LT variant gets a rear wiper. There is no LT (O) variant in the LPG Beat. This is in line with the VFM positioning of the Beat and hence the diesel Beat too is likely to be offered only in two variants Viz. LS and LT ( no LT ( O ) variant and no VCDI.) This is purely my speculation and I would be happy to see the LT ( O ) variant offered on the diesel / LPG Beat.
The diesel Beat is scheduled to be launched in June / July.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks