Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 11:09   #271
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I don't think they are pretending to be a family. I have seen quite a few Beat D's testing around Pune and lot of them had families inside. GM must have given their senior engineers / executives test cars to use on a daily basis and report problems, if any.

I think Tata did this with the Aria.
It looks to me like GM has a policy of letting anyone test these cars in their real life and is not limited to just engineering staff, ofcourse by keep reporting the incidences. I remember similar sightings were reported even when Beat petrol was being launched.

I would Say excellent way of testing the car if the above is true.
Nothing beats the real life testing.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:35   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Exhorbitant cost of Petrol to diesel conversion is the precise reason why i10 is not coming out with a diesel option, even though they sell a diesel i10 in europe market. To my understanding, the cost difference of a petrol to diesel model remains roughly 1-1.25 lakh whether you do it on Superb or vento or Linea or micra or polo or ritz or even i20, that is unless you are Tata.
See but this is where I have a problem, while it is true that diesel engines are inherently more expensive to produce - for various reasons - in the Indian market they also command a premium purely because of the demand for them. Also wrt to the i10, Hyundai should already have all the tooling ready in Chennai as that is the global manufacturing hub for the car, and with a market as obsessed with diesels like ours it should only help them achieve economies of scale, hence it makes the whole thing a little baffling.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
See but this is where I have a problem, while it is true that diesel engines are inherently more expensive to produce - for various reasons - in the Indian market they also command a premium purely because of the demand for them. Also wrt to the i10, Hyundai should already have all the tooling ready in Chennai as that is the global manufacturing hub for the car, and with a market as obsessed with diesels like ours it should only help them achieve economies of scale, hence it makes the whole thing a little baffling.
Well when i mentioned 1-1.25 Lakh, it is just back of the envelope calculation for cost. When it is translated in final pricing it will be way too much high due to Excise, VATs, CST and not to forget dealer and company profits .

Also to my understanding the diesel engine for i10 is getting manufactured in europe, unless that engine is localized in india, there is hardly any hope of cost reduction. Engines when imported from Europe when translated in pricing will definitely be out of reach of indian customers.
Old 28th June 2011, 20:33   #274
Senior - BHPian

Any hope for an AT in the Beat diesel?
Old 1st July 2011, 11:33   #275
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anyone has details about the launch date? There are speculations that it would launched in July.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:52   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
That would be a killer combination. It would make the Beat D the perfect City hatch!
Old 1st July 2011, 12:06   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
That would be a killer combination. It would make the Beat D the perfect City hatch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

plain wishful thinking.dont think a diesel auto hatch will come in 5 years,but how i long for one.manufacturers,are you listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
GM India has already stated that the prices will be 10-15% higher than the P variant. Now if we consider the Beat LT(o) model OTR in Navi Mumbai costs about 5.2 Lakhs. Add another 12.5 % to that and you will consider a premium of 65,000-70,000 coming to around about 5.9 OTR which is around 50,000 less than highest model of figo as well as 70 k higher than highest P variant.
I think this would be the most likely scenario

Quote:
And in that you get 1. ACC, 2. Dual Airbags, 3. rear wash & wipe, 4. decent HU with USB / aux etc than a Swift / Figo which costs 6.2L/6.4L [I assume] OTR Mumbai ! Now that's what looks like VFM right ?? And yeah, those extra kmpl's too.
HU in figo is way better.usb in beat is micro and not the usual kind.And except ACC everything else is available in figo.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2011 at 16:51. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:50   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
usb in beat is micro and not the usual kind.
In the Beat D, the USB port will be standard size. This is confirmed. May be once it is launched, even the petrol versions will get the same standard size USB port. Looks like this was rectified based on customer feedbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
And except ACC everything else is available in figo.
Nop, not everything! Figo doesn't have rear power windows in any version. Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end? So for me the Beat D looks better than Figo even. May be a better build quality as well?

Edit
::

Quote:
Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end?
Yes !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st July 2011 at 13:58.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:21   #279
BHPian

In the Beat D, the USB port will be standard size. This is confirmed. May be once it is launched, even the petrol versions will get the same standard size USB port. Looks like this was rectified based on customer feedbacks.

Nop, not everything! Figo doesn't have rear power windows in any version. Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end? So for me the Beat D looks better than Figo even. May be a better build quality as well?

By 'everything' i meant the features that had been mentioned in the relevant post.

A proper usb slot at last.now thats good news.wonder what they were thinking in the first place.

Am planning on buying a diesel hatch, either a figo or a beat
.waiting for a comparison test.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2011 at 16:35. Reason: incorrect quote tag
Old 1st July 2011, 19:30   #280
Senior - BHPian

Only now I am looking at this thread after such a long time. Thought it might just be a rumour, very very commendable effort by Chevy hats off to them.

P.S: I do see a lot of comparison between Figo and Beat Diesel, frankly comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).

You can make a feature by feature comparison but ultimately the engine cc makes a huge incomparable difference. ... Just my opinion.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:08   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).
I think with modern engines it won't be fair to compare with CC only - we should look at other important data - BHP / Torque & Power to weight ratio

However I feel Figo is much more spacious than Beat - two of my colleagues own Figo & Beat and I always feel way comfortable in Figo in both places front seat as well rear - I feel Figo is in a higher segment than Beat - maybe because of lower price of Figo we compare it with Beat .. I may be wrong with statistics here .
Old 1st July 2011, 22:04   #282
BHPian

Got a call from local chevy dealer today.accd to him launch is on 28th july and test drive vehicles will be there in about 12-14 days. They have started taking bookings.I had made an enquiry sometime back,although I have booked a new swift.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:27   #283
BHPian

P.S: I do see a lot of comparison between Figo and Beat Diesel, frankly comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).

You can make a feature by feature comparison but ultimately the engine cc makes a huge incomparable difference. ... Just my opinion.

The comparisons are inevitable due to the pricing.You are right about the engine mismatch.Still the beat might beat () the figo on highways.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2011 at 16:39. Reason: incorrect quote tag
Old 6th July 2011, 16:45   #284
Senior - BHPian

I just received a call from my dad's friend who works in GM Motors.

Here are the details shared by him :
  • Chevrolet Beat D will be launched on July 15
  • Chevrolet Beat D will be launched in Kerala on July 30
  • On road price in Kerala :
    • The base version costs Rs 4.5 lakhs
    • The top-end version costs Rs 5.9 lakhs (with ABS and Airbags)
    • There is a version which costs Rs 5.5 lakhs (with NO ABS and NO Airbags)
  • The car can be booked by paying Rs 50k

PS: Strangely, I failed to ask him whether there will be an AT version or not.

Last edited by Klub Class : 6th July 2011 at 16:51.
Klub Class is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:26   #285
BHPian

An 80K difference between the Figo and Beat diesel for the top variants? [If I am not very wrong]
I Guess Beat should be marketed right. "A fuel efficient small car with extremely low running costs and decent interiors whaky exteriors" This should sell.
And please remove the golden chrome grille.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks