Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 23:44   #106
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Well performance if it's 0-100 is just a number for me. What matters is the real utility of the power and how apt the torque curve is for your daily situations.

The only way to know is to wait for Beat diesel to come out or atleast wait for the GTO's review i guess.

Figo and Micra have very good drivability/refinement which translates to superb response in 90% of the situations you would encounter in daily driving. If beat can do this then chevy has a winner no doubt.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 21st April 2011 at 23:47.
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Sadly, you still are in your bubble thinking, you are the supreme judge when it comes to the beauty of the car.,
If you remember your original point, that "Beat is infinitely bigger than i10" that does bring out baseless bias - doesn't it?
Ok, I am not a supreme judge. Are you? Just as you have your own opinions, I have mine. How hard is that to understand? I spoke about i10, not you. But you are launching personal attacks on me. I still maintain Beat is infinitely better looking than i10. Mind you I am only talking about looks here. Nothing else. As for "looks are subjective", it is a euphemism for ugly looking cars. This phase is used for cars like Logan not for Linea. I am sorry about "infinitely bigger" comment though. That was accidental.

Abhi, thanks a lot for sticking up for me. I don't understand why owners of ugly cars do not admit that their car is not good looking. Notice the vocalness of Hyundai lovers. On the other hand, not a single Beat lover/owner has anything to post here. I am sure Beat will set the sales charts afire, if priced sensibly. It looks stylish and will sip diesel. What more can one ask for?
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:36   #108
Team-BHP Support

Mod's note: Guys, stick to the topic i.e. Chevy Beat diesel and not Hyundai vs Chevy. Action will have to be taken for any personal attacks from now on and OT posts.

Thanks
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:53   #109
BHPian

Oh no! I forgot to report it on this thread! 2 weeks ago, I was cruising on NH 44, when much before the AP border, I saw a GJ test regd. white Beat w/o any labelling (trims etc.) with a belted up typical Chevy executive behind the wheel. As soon as we overtook him, I got dad to slow down a bit and I looked back at the car. The guy looked a bit perturbed and slowed down. After a while he overtook us and sped away. We overtook him shortly.
After I reached home, I realized that I'd scribbled "live2drive Teambhp" on the rear w/s the previous day, and that could possible be why he slowed down, assuming it was a beat TDCi.

OT: @Vid6639: Congrats on becoming a mod.
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I am sure Beat will set the sales charts afire, if priced sensibly. It looks stylish and will sip diesel. What more can one ask for?
I think, just being stylish and sipping diesel would make a car a smashing hit. Then the Punto and Linea should have been segment leaders right? There are a lot more thing like A.S.S., practicality, driveability, desirability factor, comfort on the inside, space, handling to name a few.
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I think, just being stylish and sipping diesel would make a car a smashing hit. Then the Punto and Linea should have been segment leaders right? There are a lot more thing like A.S.S., practicality, driveability, desirability factor, comfort on the inside, space, handling to name a few.
You are right about Punto, Linea. May be it is because of the negative imgae Fiat has created for itself in the early Uno days. It is really unfortunate that Fiat haven't yet been able to come out of this negative image. Chevrolet does not have that kinda negative image. Ok it's not very psoitive or premium but not bad either. But yes, GM is run by sleepy guys who move things at a glacial pace -- unlike Hyundai or Maruti management which is quick in deciding and implementing ideas. I still feel Beat D has a good future. Anyway, several feel otherwise. We can wait and see.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:33   #112
BHPian

Just came across this Link.

Beat Diesel to be launched around the third quarter of 2011 | Motoism.com

It says XSDE is the new Engine Badging. But we already saw on some of the testing Cars the badging is TCDI. So which one is true?

Last edited by anu21v : 25th April 2011 at 12:39.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:54   #113
BHPian

I saw it, I saw it...
yesterday only when I was passing by Pimpri (Pune) I saw a temp registered (Red colored number plate) BLACK Beat parked in heavily traffic narrow road. Suddenly I noticed the TCDi badge and started wondering whether Beat Diesel already launched or what? Today, when I'm looking at this thread feel guilty of not taking a picture.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:19   #114
BHPian

I guess, this would be the noisiest of all small diesel cars. Drove the optra sometime back. It is pretty lound inside, and on the outside, sounds like a tractor.
Now, can Chevrolet dampen the NVH on the Beat?

If yes, then this could be the most frugal diesel yet. The low kerb weight and their 155 tyres will surely make this a mouth watering buy
Old 25th April 2011, 17:37   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
I guess, this would be the noisiest of all small diesel cars. Drove the optra sometime back. It is pretty lound inside, and on the outside, sounds like a tractor.
Now, can Chevrolet dampen the NVH on the Beat?
I doubt whether people actually bother about the noise outside - classic example is Polo D. Man, it sounds horrible when you stand outside. But if the NVH is good from inside, it should take care of the sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
their 155 tyres will surely make this a mouth watering buy
The 155 tyres will not make it a mouth watering buy - but it will help improve the FE which can positively influence the sales figures. I guess you meant that ! But for any enthusiast, this will be a big no no ! They will be forced to upgrade to new shoes the day they buy the car !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th April 2011 at 17:39.
Old 25th April 2011, 18:08   #116
BHPian

The beat is doing numbers around 3000 as per the monthly car sales report. Introduction of diesel will definately increase it to a great extent. I think the only negative about Beat is its rear space.
Old 26th April 2011, 02:08   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
The beat is doing numbers around 3000 as per the monthly car sales report. Introduction of diesel will definately increase it to a great extent. I think the only negative about Beat is its rear space.
I think you are right on hardly anything to complain about Beat petrol.

Also, I dont remember I came across anyone who complained on the rear seat space, which i find quite adequate and quite private too (No peek-in by strangers for rear seat passengers). Are you referring to Boot Space Saanil?

Last edited by anu21v : 26th April 2011 at 02:10.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:27   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
I think you are right on hardly anything to complain about Beat petrol.

Also, I dont remember I came across anyone who complained on the rear seat space, which i find quite adequate and quite private too (No peek-in by strangers for rear seat passengers). Are you referring to Boot Space Saanil?
I guess Beat has less space at the rear as well as boot. I dont own one, but read about those here in t-bhp. Again probably it depends on the passengers height / weight etc. I for one is 6'2" and I find my swift's rear seat also cramped. I believe Beat's rear space is rated equivalent to a swift or lesser than that.

The diesel option for Beat should rake in some additional numbers for sure. I dont think they will go wrong with the pricing too. Will have to wait and watch what wonders can the "D" bring to the Beat's sales figures. Will it do a 60-40 like Swift Ps & Ds or lesser [which means the Beat sales going upto 7-8K from a 3K sold now] !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th April 2011 at 13:30.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess Beat has less space at the rear as well as boot. I dont own one, but read about those here in t-bhp. Again probably it depends on the passengers height / weight etc. I for one is 6'2" and I find my swift's rear seat also cramped. I believe Beat's rear space is rated equivalent to a swift or lesser than that.
The Beat's rear bench has seemingly much more legroom than the Swift. Why i say "seemingly" is that the rear-bench thigh support is almost non-existent in the Beat(comparable to stock auto rickshaw seats) which might give the passengers the impression of having ample leg-room. That doesn't take away the fact that the Beat's rear bench is by no means cramped for 2 average sized occupants. Its the narrow seats that spoils the fun.
The boot though is undoubtedly substantially smaller than the competition. To accommodate a XL sized luggage i had to remove the parcel tray entirely, although there was still some place left on the sides for a few small bags.

Last edited by mi2n : 26th April 2011 at 13:57.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Today one white MH 14 registered (red plates) VCDi Beat overtook me near Dommasandra on Sarjapur Road. The way its engine sounded at around his 80 kmph speed, I felt it was more noisy than Polo's diesel engine. I hope GM has managed to block that noise from getting into the cabin!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks