Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 11:29   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Another sighting of the Diesel Beat courtesy Motoroids:

http://motoroids.com/news/exclusive-...-pictures.html

Their reports has also more details on the engine specs & also the tyres which would be 165/65/R14, as compared to 155mm tyres on the Petrol version.

The pricing of the Diesel is, as per the magazine, Rs.50-60 additional over the Petrol model... at Rs.4.10-4.20 lacs it will be a wonderful proposition for economy+stylish commuting.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:00   #182
BHPian

Is this site still talking about this same car Beat deisel,
65 mpg Chevy Spark Diesel (!) Caught Testing in India – Gas 2.0

Going by pics it looks the same though quite unbeleivable kind of mileage number 65 Miles per gallon, that would translate like 27.6 KMPL. Too Good to be true for me.

Quote from the website:
" Chevrolet is building a diesel spark that gets over 65 mpg – and that TCDi badge on the back of a black Chevy Sonic (caught testing by a sharp-eyed forum member) is proof.
Don’t get too excited, though: despite the fact that this TCDI tester is based on the top-end LT variant (the rear wiper is the giveaway), GM will probably not offer a diesel Spark for sale in the US … and that’s a shame."
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:56   #183
BHPian

It seems that the car has started heading to towards the dealerships. My friend saw one here in the City in Trivandrum.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:16   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
It seems that the car has started heading to towards the dealerships. My friend saw one here in the City in Trivandrum.
Thats good news. Any more info about the car from your friend?

Scoopsters in Trivandrum, keep your eyes open.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:57   #185
BHPian

It was a white car with MH registration in RED number plate with some 4-5 people onboard. Since he noticed it yesterday night he couldn't take a picture since it was raining a bit. He tailgated the vehicle for almost a km and he is sure that it is a TCDi.

I have a friend here in the local dealership here and they will receive the test vehicles only by the end of this month.

So it seems that it is TEST CAR by GM. If it is indeed a test car, GM is doing an excellent job by taking a car right from Talegon to Trivandrum for testing.

Last edited by shineshine : 2nd June 2011 at 10:58.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 10:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I saw one doing rounds near Hosur last Sunday. The car had stopped for paying the toll and felt pretty silent . Sorry for the poor quality picture from my mobile.
I saw the same test vehicle today morning in Hosur Road near Chandapura flyover. Just managed to click some photos using my mobile since there was a big traffic jam ahead.
The following are my observations:
- The vehicle is TCDi, not VCDi.
- It is LT Option pack - Good news! (It had alloy wheels and the logo on the steering wheel is golden colour, which is available only in models with air bags.)
- The wheels seems to be 14"- similar to the ones available in the petrol Beat LT(O).
- Tyres also looked like 155/70 R14 (not very sure)
- NVH is similar to 1.2 DDIS/Multijet at idling. But I felt the engine is smoother at higher rpms.
- There was 2 persons in the car. The acceleration seems to be good - he was doing some quick acceleration for lane change after seeing me clicking pics.
There is no cosmetic difference from petrol Beat.

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-04062011190.jpg
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-04062011191.jpg
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-04062011192.jpg
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-04062011193.jpg
salbin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 19:25   #187
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics you got there Salbin.

Beat is a great car and if Chevy offers the same three year maintenance scheme for its oil burner, i would jump in for it for sure.

IMHO, Chevy has got a winner in its hands. I hope they price it well (0.5 - 0.6 Lakhs over the petrol is too low to be true)
Old 4th June 2011, 20:55   #188
BHPian

Yes indeed, this is sure winner if it is priced at 4lakhs ex showroom.

The tyres need to be changed to 15 inches, and if chevy gives 3 years warranty this car can easily walk away with the hatchback of the year award.
Old 5th June 2011, 20:14   #189
BHPian

As per the latest new from chevy guys here in gurgaon..their training is starting in a weeks time and car is expected to be launched max by august..will be priced around 4.5 lakh bracket..
Old 5th June 2011, 21:05   #190
BHPian

On a Lavasa trip today, I came across a diesel Beat on test. All that I was able to decipher that its performance on the twisties to Lavasa was noteworthy as the diesel Beat was easily overtaking even some more powerful cars.
I managed to take some photographs of the car which can be diffentiated only by the "TCDI" badging on the rear hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-s1.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-s2.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-dsc_0038s.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-dsc_0037s.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-dsc_0036s.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 22:10   #191
BHPian

Spotted Red Hot Beat D at Wakad.
Few funny things about that incident:

Part-1: Red Beat passed by me. Had flash at Tyre. I thought These Tyre(155/R14) are wide enough for this size of car. Why people finds them so skinny? but then sixth sense came into picture. Oye Was that Beat D with 165/R14? And then I shouted Yes It is Beat TcDI.

Part-2: I slotted 5th on my pulsy & started chasing Beat D & there comes surprise. Beat D moved in IOC Pump for fueling!!! I thought test cars normally comes loaded from factory!

Part-3: Another surprise & I started thinking Is it really a test car? Test car was occupied by tester & his family(wifey & kid). Is GM started family testing as well?

Moral of the story: Tyre size confirmed -- It was having 165/R14
Old 6th June 2011, 19:31   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Spotted Red Hot Beat D at Wakad.
Few funny things about that incident:

Part-1: Red Beat passed by me. Had flash at Tyre. I thought These Tyre(155/R14) are wide enough for this size of car. Why people finds them so skinny? but then sixth sense came into picture. Oye Was that Beat D with 165/R14? And then I shouted Yes It is Beat TcDI.

Part-2: I slotted 5th on my pulsy & started chasing Beat D & there comes surprise. Beat D moved in IOC Pump for fueling!!! I thought test cars normally comes loaded from factory!

Part-3: Another surprise & I started thinking Is it really a test car? Test car was occupied by tester & his family(wifey & kid). Is GM started family testing as well?

Moral of the story: Tyre size confirmed -- It was having 165/R14

Good Morale!

Btw...the car which we saw at Trivandrum is indeed a test car which is confirmed by one of my friends at the Chevrolet dealership here as they have been took to the dealership for a regular checkup.

The test cars are running all over india and suppose to cover 1 lakh kilometers re-fueling from RURAL FUEL STATIONS ONLY!!!!

This is to ensure that the cars reliability. The guy at dealership added that, the car had more than 40,000 kms onboard when it reached trivandrum and it was as silent almost like the Petrol Beat.

The dealership has started taking booking and they have already received 40+ booking for the Beat Diesel.
Old 6th June 2011, 21:47   #193
BHPian

The Beat looks nice in red. Bring it on Chevy. Everyone is waiting for this car to make their hearts beat faster
(fingers crossed base version TCDi 3.99 lakh, else game over)
Old 6th June 2011, 22:26   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
This is to ensure that the cars reliability. The guy at dealership added that, the car had more than 40,000 kms onboard when it reached trivandrum and it was as silent almost like the Petrol Beat.

The dealership has started taking booking and they have already received 40+ booking for the Beat Diesel.
Man, thats some solid testing going on. And also the reports are pretty much in favour of the car. Did you get to ask about the features / variant etc? And do these guys have any confirmation on price - the 15% premium over petrol holds good?
Old 9th June 2011, 00:16   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Man, thats some solid testing going on. And also the reports are pretty much in favour of the car. Did you get to ask about the features / variant etc? And do these guys have any confirmation on price - the 15% premium over petrol holds good?
They have not received the pricing but its expected that the pricing will started some where in the range of 4.15~4.35.

Like Smartech in petrol, they are having some new brand name for the diesel engine something similar to 'EcoTec'. The one which we saw in Trivandrum was a LT variant. One more information which I got from the SE was that the Beat Diesels uses a new 'Special kind' of oil.

The reported mileage for those test cars were ~28 with 100% AC.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks