Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 18:07   #211
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
enquired here in Kolkata, expected launch this month end, price from 5 to 5.5 lacs.

I want to change my 3 yr 10 month old wagon r lpg duo. It was an excellent cost effective car to drive with wonderful maruti after sales and services. It has been driven for about 67,000 kms.

I am in dilemma whether beat will be a nice car to drive for me or not! My height is 6'1" and I drive my car (no driver). The next car should be a diesel car with abs and dual airbag. Options are Indica Vista aura +, Figo titanium, Beat LT with option pack or may be the new Xylo mini. Please help guys
Sallubhai- I have the exact doubt and plan in mind. Except that Iam planning to change my 2 year old SPARK LPG LS. Not quite happy with the way the car performs on LPG.
Old 18th June 2011, 16:56   #212
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Beat DIESEL preview from CnB!

Chevrolet Beat Tcdi - Launch in few weeks time

Apart from 3 pot MJD already discussed here
  • Steering is all new EPS which has good road feedback and well weighted.
  • Suspension tuned for comfort
  • Good pickup
  • Minimum or no turbo lag
  • Fun to drive
  • Silent cabin
  • Told a all new 5 Speed gearbox goes in (can't vouch on that)
  • LT(O) variant also available
  • Mileage 24kmpl (ARI)
Complete assembly of all new 3 pot MJD covered. Thanks to CnB and GM.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 19:41   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV has a online video on Beat Diesel at: Chevrolet Beat to get a diesel heart

Speaking pretty highly of it. Only 57BHP but 150NM of torque!
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 20:21   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
NDTV has a online video on Beat Diesel at: Chevrolet Beat to get a diesel heart

Speaking pretty highly of it. Only 57BHP but 150NM of torque!
Thanks for the video ! So the review says the suspension has been tuned to "comfort" mode rather than the "sport" mode ! This is a bit of letdown personally for me. 24 kmpl is a good average by all means. Waiting for the price now.
Old 18th June 2011, 21:06   #215
BHPian

GM has planned this at the right time, Looks like a high quality product from the video, 3 layer paint for the body, state of the art engine manufacturing plant etc.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

The video says the diesel version is not de-specced. That is a good news. I am sure Beat D is going to shake market up, what with all that mileage, exterior looks, sporty cockpit/dash and killer price ( hopefully ). Who knows, it may even force market leader Swift D to announce addition of some features to its VDI on the eve of Beat D's launch or a little later.
Old 19th June 2011, 15:32   #217
BANNED

The video says that the engine is designed in India (by GM Banglore). This looks like a great achievement for Indian automotive industry. Anybody has any idea about the pricing.
Old 19th June 2011, 18:01   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The video says that the engine is designed in India (by GM Banglore). This looks like a great achievement for Indian automotive industry. Anybody has any idea about the pricing.
I was in the chev showroom yesterday for a test ride of the petrol version, liked both the ride and the modern dashboard but not the backseat. There is a gap of about 2-3" between the roof and my head on the backseat and it is a 4 seater with a small boot.

They have started booking for diesel beat, according to the sales guy the probable launch is next month. Price its about 70 - 80,000 more than the petrol version, so LT with option pack should be 6 lacs in Kolkata (On road price) and there will not be any discount (Present discount in the petrol version is 21,000/- + Corporate discount)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Sallubhai- I have the exact doubt and plan in mind. Except that Iam planning to change my 2 year old SPARK LPG LS. Not quite happy with the way the car performs on LPG.
I have taken test ride for Figo and Vista today. Colour choice for vista is very less - only 4 colours are available. Both, myself and my wife are very much confused which one to choose. Can anybody tell me the price of the replacement of airbag in both these vehicles?

There was a tremendous help from Team BHP guys while buying my first car, thanks to all of you. Please help us to choose between these two FIGO and VISTA, thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 18:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

Right time to launch the diesel version! Now the Beat really does have an advantage over the i10. GM India has a winner in its hands. I have No doubts on that.
Old 19th June 2011, 21:52   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Features seen in the Chevrolet Beat Diesel :-

- A 936cc 3cyl diesel engine producing 57bhp and 150Nm of torque is paired to a new 5-speed gearbox,
- Turbo lag is less as the turbo is small and comes to optimum operating speed quickly,
- Suspension is tuned for more comfort,
- The cabin is more silent than the Figo’s,
- Variants are the same and equipment hasn’t been discounted on any of them,
- ARAI approved fuel efficiency figure is 24kmpl,
- Steering system shifted from hydraulic to EPS.

The Beat’s diesel engine is a downgraded edition of the 4cyl 1.3-liter Fiat Multi-jet engine powering everything from the Fiat Palio to the Maruti SX4.

The buyer the Beat diesel will target is the WagonR and i10 fan.

OnCars.in earlier this year reported that the new diesel engine will be marketed as XSDE (eXtra Smart Diesel Engine). Features of the engine include an iron block, aluminum DOHC cylinder head, maintenance-free timing chain, centrifugal blowby separator filter for reduced oil consumption, low-noise timing gears, a balancer shaft designed to minimize NVH and a precisely sized waste-gated turbocharger.

GM India told IAB that the Beat diesel will be launched during the second half of July.

Source - IndianAutosBlog
Old 19th June 2011, 23:33   #221
BHPian

Car and Bike show is currently TDing the Beat Diesel on TV.
Old 20th June 2011, 01:58   #222
BHPian

From the SVP of CnB video, It really seems to be a very much promising car.
As visible from the fact that even before its launch Chevrolet is directly pitching it against the another US-rival; Ford Figo with full confidence & it really shows their committment & dedication to the Project done.
IMHO, even more than to the Figo, this car will bring worries to the Hyundai i10 & upcoming Brio & Toyota Etios Liva hatchbacks.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:36   #223
BHPian

Has anyone got any idea from your friends in GM sales about the pricing of this car. Am quiet confused to decide between a Beat LPG LS vs. Beat Diesel LS variant and i am curious to know about Chevvy's 3 year maintenance package too for this car. I enquired the Hosur dealer, but they are unaware of pricing and maintenance package. However, he has said the OTR for a LS variant would be arounf 5lacs.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:26   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Hi,

I heard Spark LPG perfromance is way ahead of Santro's and Wagon R's performance. Could you please share your experience?
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:29   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Has anyone got any idea from your friends in GM sales about the pricing of this car. Am quiet confused to decide between a Beat LPG LS vs. Beat Diesel LS variant and i am curious to know about Chevvy's 3 year maintenance package too for this car. I enquired the Hosur dealer, but they are unaware of pricing and maintenance package. However, he has said the OTR for a LS variant would be arounf 5lacs.
The only problem I have with the LPG version is that the already medium sized trunk space is taken up by the spare tire. In addition, the 40:60 split seat is not available in the LPG variant, which really restricts the trunk space. But I know for sure that the LPG tank has been tested for safety under impact too, so on that front, you can be very secure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks