Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Which dealer? 2 days seem to be a long time.

Only thing I heard was engine need to get cool, before they do TAPIT settings (hope I spelled it correctly) else there won't be any delay.

It started at 9:30 AM in the morning and the car was delivered to me by 3:30 PM. I drove very few kms after the replacement and so far didn't find anything changed,
Magnum Honda. They had promised me that they will give it back in a day but looks like one of their trained person had to go to the other workshop.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:10   #182
BHPian

Got my replacement done at Deccan Honda yesterday. It was carried out in a very professional manner so was satisfied with the whole process.I didnt observe any noticeable difference. I also clubbed my 25K service with this so the car does feel better.
The actual cost of the replaced part is around 1000 and is mentioned in the invoice. Overall a smooth experience without any chaos.
Old 6th March 2011, 13:07   #183
BHPian

My appointment is slated for this Wednesday ...

Would like advice on whether it is required to change the Engine oil completely post the replacement of defective springs ??
Old 6th March 2011, 20:22   #184
BHPian

IVB,

If you are clubbing along with regular service then get it changed, else as per SA they would check the level and if it dipped they would top it up for free.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 16th March 2011, 14:51   #185
BHPian

I got my replacement done couple of weeks back at Whitefield Honda. I find the PUD replacement has improved the low end torque (800 to 1500 rpm) mainly while driving on 2nd gear inside the city or speed breakers. Otherwise I used to take always on 1st gear after the odometer reading passed 15K.

When I consulted one of my friend who works in the automobile industry, he mentioned that it might not be really possible to improve the low end torque by replacing the springs. He thinks it would be possible only by ECU tuning.

I also changed the head light bulbs to the Philips Xtreame power H4 55/60W for Rs 1200(for pair) from Whitefield Honda itself. Its a plug-n-play bulb. The light is more whiter, brighter, long beam and good spread. It was really worth paying the money. I would recommend it than the stock bulbs.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:25   #186
Team-BHP Support

Is there anyone whose ANHC was recalled and underwent the update who knows and can test drive someone's ANHC which was not a part of the recall (or vice-versa).

That way we'd know if the "updated" ANHC and the post-recall affected ANHC are similar. Else, the ANHC not the part of the recall needs something too!
Old 16th March 2011, 17:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Got he part replaced in my car too. they took two days. SA was mentioning about some careful calibration that needs to be done, so it looks like a skilled job (and human judgement/error etc).
I felt that engine is feeling smoother. There used to be an uneven sound during cold start/idling which seems very 'flat and even' now.
I wanted to update that my car has started feeling the way it was before recall and 'smoothness' i was feeling just after the replacement must be just illusion
Old 16th March 2011, 18:23   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is there anyone whose ANHC was recalled and underwent the update who knows and can test drive someone's ANHC which was not a part of the recall (or vice-versa).

That way we'd know if the "updated" ANHC and the post-recall affected ANHC are similar. Else, the ANHC not the part of the recall needs something too!
I have driven my friend's ANHC which was part of replacement program and i didn't notice any change except for the little smoothness which is because of the oil change most probably.

PS – I have driven his car earlier also i.e. before replacement of springs and it behaved normally.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:29   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have driven my friend's ANHC which was part of replacement program and i didn't notice any change except for the little smoothness which is because of the oil change most probably.

PS – I have driven his car earlier also i.e. before replacement of springs and it behaved normally.
Ah, hope the replacement works out well.

I am not sure if this has been discussed earlier, but is the replacement part the same as that is currently fitted in the ANHC (which are not affected by the recall)?
Old 16th March 2011, 19:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, hope the replacement works out well.

I am not sure if this has been discussed earlier, but is the replacement part the same as that is currently fitted in the ANHC (which are not affected by the recall)?
Well this will be tough to know. This can be confirmed only by Honda and their service people.

PS - I guess you too own a ANHC, was your car part of recall?

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th March 2011 at 19:48.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:52   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Well this will be tough to know. This can be confirmed only by Honda and their service people.

PS - I guess you too own a ANHC, was your car part of recall?
Yes, I have a SMT. Nope, it was not a part of the recall. The engine is June '10 manufactured so guess it was way after the problem was found/rectified. (I hope ).

Someone who's scheduled to go for the replacement should find out if the replacement part is the same as that in the ANHCs not recalled. That way we know the replacement is done conforming to standards.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:57   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That way we know the replacement is done conforming to standards.
So far feedback has been good from few people whom I know(also here on team-bhp). My friend who has got the part replaced has covered 1400 KM after this job and hasn’t faced any problem. Let’s keep fingers crossed.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:21   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Yes, after 3-4 days of driving (I drove abt 200 KMs post the recall thing), I can surely say that car feels quicker/eager/freed up specifically in 2nd gear. It's not something like an over the top improvement, but it's very much noticeable. Also, the noise has come down a wee bit in 2nd gear. Earlier, I almost hated to use the 2nd gear. Now, that's not the case.

-Pratim
Exactly, I feel the same now. 2nd gear have more torque and high RPM has less noise. Otherwise I was hating the 2nd gear as it lacked power to drive over the speed breakers and inside our apt complex. Before the change, there used to be small growl after 3500 rpm. I guess these are small things that only the passionate owners would notice. I feel that my engine is almost as new as it was around 2-3K.

to Honda for the proactive maintenance. Keep it up .

I am planning to add a third Honda vehicle to the family.
Old 17th March 2011, 13:44   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Exactly, I feel the same now. 2nd gear have more torque and high RPM has less noise. Otherwise I was hating the 2nd gear as it lacked power to drive over the speed breakers and inside our apt complex. Before the change, there used to be small growl after 3500 rpm. I guess these are small things that only the passionate owners would notice. I feel that my engine is almost as new as it was around 2-3K.

to Honda for the proactive maintenance. Keep it up .

I am planning to add a third Honda vehicle to the family.
Hey, thanks a lot for supporting my findings. Even I second your observations on navigating the car in 2nd gear over speed breakers, or a lazy round inside apt complex. Earlier, it was a bit of an issue which is not the case now.

I can vouch for improvement in driving in 2nd gear. I am using it more nowadays.

BTW, what's the trim and colour of your car?

AND, by any chance, is the third car could be a Brio?

Enjoy your car and drive safe.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 18th March 2011, 10:59   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post

BTW, what's the trim and colour of your car?

AND, by any chance, is the third car could be a Brio?
SMT Polished Metal (Grey)
No plans for Brio at this point, booked a Honda CBR 250R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks