Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 19:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Shucks.!

My car was bought in Aug 2009.Guys where is the Date of manufacture found in the ANHC?
My car has already run 35k.Recently since the past 2-3 months I use to hear a weird noise when the car turned right.We should it at the Dealership here,Pinnacle Honda,they said it to be some problem with the steering joint/rod.Is this the problem?
They said they will be replacing the parts in warranty as soon as the parts arrive.Had a talk with them again today they said the parts would be arriving in 2 days.
The Steering Check light also comes on when the car is in the 3 part of the ignition.The car steering is now slightly tilted towards the right.Will post picstures ASAP.Well this is my 4th Honda.
My car needs the replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans-17022011128.jpg  

Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans-17022011129.jpg  

Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans-17022011131.jpg  

Old 17th February 2011, 19:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I do not think the owners should be disheartened, infact they should feel happy that the company is acting proactively and recalling the machines instead of just dusting the problem under the carpet.

Its a very bold move by Honda and a very sensible one too. I think Honda should get the credit for this.

Hope the changing of parts is a smooth process for the owners!!
Old 17th February 2011, 22:22   #33
BHPian

That is very good of Honda to publicly accept the existence of a problem and initiate remedial measures. Trust in the Honda brand will only increase.

I hope it also makes it easier for other manufacturers to get off their high pedestals and accept recalls as a fact of life
Old 17th February 2011, 22:58   #34
BHPian

Hi
As per the news, Cars between Nov 2008 and Dec 2009 needs update.I bought the City in OCt 2009, so i expected my car also needed the update, Got confirmed from Honda Site that Update is required. Now filled the form and waiting

Last edited by bullock-Car : 17th February 2011 at 23:20. Reason: update from honda site
Old 17th February 2011, 23:16   #35
BHPian

Me too going for the replacement spring. I guess Honda wont charge us for the labor etc?? Would it require an oil change too since probably the header would open and there are chances of oil contamination when the work is done?? I ask because i have just gotten it serviced in Feb and filled in Mobil 1.
Old 17th February 2011, 23:51   #36
BHPian

Great step taken by Honda in a country where most of the companies take there customers for granted !! hope this changes the attitude of companies like skoda who dont even accept there mistakes....
Old 18th February 2011, 00:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
My car has already run 35k.Recently since the past 2-3 months I use to hear a weird noise when the car turned right.We should it at the Dealership here,Pinnacle Honda,they said it to be some problem with the steering joint/rod.Is this the problem?
They said they will be replacing the parts in warranty as soon as the parts arrive
Hi all.I was going to update on this issue.My car had a small squeaking sound from left front at 26,000 km.It was due to a loose clip related to the ac vent under the dash.When the mechanic took the test drive I noticed that there was another not so loud sound from right front when driven fast through rough roads.It sounded "tak - tak".The mechanic identified it as "play" in the steering rack .

He said they have a special tool (from Honda)for tightening it in cars like NHC.But such a tool is not available for ANHC .He said he will clarify on the matter.He consulted the senior mechanic and told me that Honda has told to replace the defective parts (EPS and ?steering rod) under warranty.The actual cost of the spare part is about Rs.35,000.Dealers are advised not to attempt to tighten/ repair it.It is said be a problem in some cars.I was surprised.The part was ordered without delay.No questions asked.I am impressed.I am waiting for the replacement.It is difficult to hear the noise in the normal driving conditions.

Bad/?Good news my ANHC "March 2009" needs the engine update.Confirmed from the website.The car has done 31,000 km.No engine problems till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its good to know that straight H shown the pro-activeness What about the slanting H still doing with the steering problem in i20
You are right.We are very disappointed with the MASS.Even when it was clear that our DDiS seized due to gasket faliure

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-warranty.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
That is very good of Honda to publicly accept the existence of a problem and initiate remedial measures. Trust in the Honda brand will only increase.

I hope it also makes it easier for other manufacturers to get off their high pedestals and accept recalls as a fact of life
You are right.Recalls like this will only increase the trust (not blind) in the brand.

"After all, even a HONDA is man made"!.To err is human and to forgive is divine.
Fanboy.
Old 18th February 2011, 00:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is a very welcome move. Hope all the Honda customers take it in the right spirit. Other Indian manufacturers need to take cue from this incident to better the customer relationships
Old 18th February 2011, 01:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

The worldwide recall has impacted the Fit (Jazz in India) also. Have Honda not recalled the Jazz? Is it because of the 1.2 engine not having any problems?
Old 18th February 2011, 08:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

There is an article in today Economic times about Honda doing the recall for the second time within one year. The first one was in Jan 2010 when Honda had recalled some 8K+ cars of the City for replacing the defective power window switch. Any Honda city owners had previously been asked to change the power window switch.

Last edited by ghodlur : 18th February 2011 at 08:09.
Old 18th February 2011, 08:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quite surprising thing, that the perfect engines need parts replacement!! Anyway good move by Honda rather than keeping quiet until issues arise from various cars.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:58   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There is an article in today Economic times about Honda doing the recall for the second time within one year. The first one was in Jan 2010 when Honda had recalled some 8K+ cars of the City for replacing the defective power window switch. Any Honda city owners had previously been asked to change the power window switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Quite surprising thing, that the perfect engines need parts replacement!! Anyway good move by Honda rather than keeping quiet until issues arise from various cars.
Its a good move by Honda. I am surprised.

They made such a hue and cry over parts replacement under warranty for my Uncle's Civic and even worse when it came to replace worn out tyres on my friends CRV, for a 3 month old car which had a faulty stabiliser bar. Happily both have sold their respective cars unable to bear the car makers apathy.

Hope their carelessness in Quality control is rectified, which eventually went unnoticed for such a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I wonder .......

Would we be as charitable if the recall was coming from Tata!

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 18th February 2011 at 10:12.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:05   #43
BANNED

I wonder .......

Old 18th February 2011, 10:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Now I realized the reason why Indians prefer Japanese cars over the European cars. I must say, great move Honda. I feel that people will have more trust on Honda after this mass recall.

Of course, other manufacturers need to learn from Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I wonder .......

If it was Fiat, Skoda, Mahindra or Tata, then all hell would have broke loose.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The worldwide recall has impacted the Fit (Jazz in India) also. Have Honda not recalled the Jazz? Is it because of the 1.2 engine not having any problems?
Article today in TOI confirms that the recall is only for 1.5 I-VTEC engine which is present in some models of Fit(Jazz) abroad.
So no recall for Indian model Jazz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks