Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:03   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

I own a Santro and NHC, I always felt NHC is cheap to maintain (normal service cost) 4k /year with normal engine oil changes+ labor charges for general check up.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:43   #137

Hi Guys,

Have a Hyundai Verna VGT Diesel, 2007 model. Done 58000km. Love the car.

I've had mixed experiences with all the dealers in Hyderabad. Do consider Hyundai to be on the expensive side when i compare it to Toyota (Innova).

- Front Right Disc replaced due to uneven Brake Pad wearing.(32000km) Hyundai says there was no problem with the Disc/Pad or system. Current pads are fine for another 10000km approx.

- Tie rod end bushes changed.

- Oil Change - Please Clarify - Every 5000kms recommended by all the dealers. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...icon8.gif.Why? First 2 free maintenance Oil changes done after 10000km only. Have asked an explanation and in written. None of them have given it. Is the 5k oil change really required? Now getting it done every 7500kms.

- To get a clean car back you need to get an interior cleaning done(Rs750/-), else its just dusty. They don't even vacume it. Understand that service staff work hard and their hands get dirty, but i would still like my car back clean. Have to argue with them every damn time.

- Driver Door Actuator conked. (30000km) Got it replaced. The damaged part was opened up just to check. One of the toothed wheels had a broken tooth and that was jamming the whole system.

As of yesterday, my wife's 2007 Honda City ZXi,(18000km), both the rear door actuators conked. Rs1700/- a piece. Supposedly something is wrong with the rack and pinion system, estimated to cost Rs50000/-. Replacement Only. No repairs. Honda says i can still run it but will be getting some sound over rough patches. Suspension, Bushes fine. Billed Rs8000/-.

Now i'm sort of like good i have a Hyundai......
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:16   #138
Team-BHP Support

Its official Hyundai is indeed unreasonable!

Update from Hyundai India.

The regional office person called me and informed that the child parts are indeed not available!

So now make your own judgement about the company. This was my contention, copied from the email i had sent to Hyundai India Limited and the dealership.

Quote:
Service provided, ie the jobs that were "actually done" can be termed Ok. My concerns were more to do with the jobs that were denied to me.
Problems reported or requested, were NOT given ANY practical solution. As far as i understood from your conversation, it is not the issue with Trident BUT due to Hyundai motors inability to provide you with parts.

- Just to clarify, my primary concern is the steering rack oil seal defect, and not drive shaft boots. This i still believe can be repaired at minuscule of cost, compared to the steering rack assembly replacement. I seriously wonder why Hyundai as a company does NOT believe in this approach? and insist on, forgive me for saying, BUT RIPPING THE CUSTOMER OFF! Approximately 1000 Rs VS 18000 Rs.

- Second issue of drive shaft boots, which i wanted to replace as a preventive maintenance. Again part is NOT provided by Hyundai India as per your Service Adviser and you. Approximately 1200 Rs VS 27000 Rs.

At the end customer will land up paying Rs 45,000 against Rs 2200 for these two minor jobs.

So net loss for the customer is Rs 42,800! Which is approximately 10% of the price of this particular model from Hyundai!

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2011 at 19:17.
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:30   #139
BHPian

Re: Its official Hyundai is indeed unreasonable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

The regional office person called me and informed that the child parts are indeed not available!

So now make your own judgement about the company. This was my contention, copied from the email i had sent to Hyundai India Limited and the dealership.
Jaggu

Thanks for hitting nail on the head !!

This indeed is serious. I just can't believe that this is the case. Some facts are stranger than fiction

This is really enlightening. Glad Ford has taken the route of child replacement parts to reduce spare costs

Thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:31   #140
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, didnt we predict this right from the start?
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:50   #141
BANNED

^^The result was nothing shocking to me as it was expected.

But what if the replaced parts doesn't solve the problem !! which is happening in the case of i20 steering rattling.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:02   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The regional office person called me and informed that the child parts are indeed not available!.
Jaggu, ask them one more question:- If child parts are missing how do they manufacture the assemblies (Level 1 part in their / our lingo)?

Spike
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:19   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Jaggu, ask them one more question:- If child parts are missing how do they manufacture the assemblies (Level 1 part in their / our lingo)?

Spike
Spike

This is so very true. Good catch. I wish we can see their facial expressions when asked the questions.
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:54   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Spike
Thanks Spikee. I plan to send an email to few people in Hyundai. Will mention the same. Am not going to waste my time dealing with such "rip off" manufacturers anymore and plan to deal with the issue outside. But will definitely point them to the thread here.

They can do whatever they want. I really don't care as a customer, i have to find my own ways to fix the situation. One thing is for sure, this is the LAST HYUNDAI for me or anyone who consults me.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Spike
This is so very true. Good catch. I wish we can see their facial expressions when asked the questions.
Sateesh, I know what there answer would be. I have the next set of questions ready

Quote:
Am not going to waste my time dealing with such "rip off" manufacturers anymore and plan to deal with the issue outside. But will definitely point them to the thread here.

They can do whatever they want. I really don't care as a customer, i have to find my own ways to fix the situation. One thing is for sure, this is the LAST HYUNDAI for me or anyone who consults me.
Can't imagine a manufacturer like Hyundai doing this to its customers. In all fairness, I feel Indian manufacturers are so easy to deal with.

Spike
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:41   #146
Team-BHP Support

Email sent to all including the below mentioned email id's Not expecting anything positive, still pointing towards this feedback thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Suggest you also write to these people:

Y.K. Lee
Senior General Manager – Audit & Planning
email: 7735474@hmil.net

T N Madhan Raj
Manager - Audit & Planning
email: madhanraj@hmil.net

K S Hariharan
Deputy Manager - Audit & Planning
email: kshariharan@hmil.net

K Sandeep Chirania
Deputy Manager - Audit & Planning
email: sandeepchirania@hmil.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^
Even if you mail
Mr. H W Park
MD & CEO , HMIL
hwpark@hmil.net

Nothing going to happen.

An update of my i20, the car's steering rattle is back to the core, I have given then 4 Chances, and they failed miserably.

I will be sending a formal letter to the company and the dealer soon and heading to the consumer court for seeking compensation.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:03   #147
BANNED

Quote:
One thing is for sure, this is the LAST HYUNDAI for me or anyone who consults me.
You are not alone.

The Santro Served us well, but this new generation vehicle experience was just opposite.

My findings on new generation Hyundai vehicles revealing a shocking fact, its all having one issue in common. The STEERING.

If you are looking for a Hyundai, think thrice, as you wont get any support from the manufacturer or from the dealer. Its not a bashing - its a fact.
Old 3rd March 2011, 05:50   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Email sent to all including the below mentioned email id's Not expecting anything positive, still pointing towards this feedback thread.
jaggu, they are following Team-BHP very cosely. As I have mentioned before, one amongst us is an HMIL employee, and he is a keen follower. He wiould definitely keep his bosses/HMIL aware of the discussions on this forum.

But there is absoloutely no support from the company. The mails that you have sent will have absolutely no effect oh this money hungry psychos, who have not only mastered the art of deception but lying also. Move on, get the car done elsewhere and dont ever think of buying Hyundai again. As Widon mentioned you are not alone.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:22   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update from Hyundai India.The regional office person called me and informed that the child parts are indeed not available!
While Ford has moved away from the stupidity of not providing child parts, Hyundai appears to have moved into the same stupidity.

Ford has started to become popular again. Now it is time for Hyundai to start garnering Ford's earlier reputation of expensive spares.

With i10 making huge killing, and practically ruling the premier AT hatch segment, they are in for a major PR backlash when all these i10 owners start out-of-warranty repairs.

Quote:
It is not a technical/manufacturing issue, they obviously have the child parts. The real problem is with their policy of not selling child parts.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:55   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

It is not a technical/manufacturing issue, they obviously have the child parts. The real problem is with their policy of not selling child parts.
Here is the complete i10 part list for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: xls i10 1200CC kappa auto.xls (192.0 KB, 2539 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks