Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:58   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
With i10 making huge killing, and practically ruling the premier AT hatch segment, they are in for a major PR backlash when all these i10 owners start out-of-warranty repairs.

It is not a technical/manufacturing issue, they obviously have the child parts. The real problem is with their policy of not selling child parts.
Hyundai only wants the practice of replace to take over repairs, which would generate more revenue for the company. Hyundai is trying hard to shed it's people's car image and move into the "exclusive" category. In doing so the company is losing a grip on reality, and it shows in the attitude of the company towards customers.

Its sad to see how this global giant has now begun to run like a government institution,
in India.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:06   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
jaggu, they are following Team-BHP very cosely. As I have mentioned before, one amongst us is an HMIL employee, and he is a keen follower. He wiould definitely keep his bosses/HMIL aware of the discussions on this forum.
I am kind of surprised by this thread. People used to swear by the A.S.S of Hyundai and Maruti. And now this. I will have to get on touch with a colleague of mine who is driving an i10 since last 3 years and get a break up of the costs. He is rather happy with the car and the company.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:51   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
If the company management itself is not responding whom should one look at?
When those people in HMIL labelled me as a jhik jhik wala and a paagal, what else can I expect from those clowns? It came to me as a rude shock and it did hurt when I came to know about it. This, inspite of having co-operated with them for so long and having being polite with them.I am dead sure those people do not have the guts to face me as I can pin point the persons who uttered such nonsense. Had they done such circus on a political big shot or a big goon's car and given stupid excuses for problems reported - slaps, abuses and punches would have landed on their faces. Sadly that is the only language they seem to understand.

What those fools in HMIL don't realise that it is our hard earned money that is on the line, not theirs. We did not spend such a large amount buying a Hyundai car to hear such irritating rattles and get pitiful service from their supposedly "competent" workshop. Then adding insult to injury, I was being referred to as a paagal and that I tend to hear noises from everywhere. When they are unable to fix an issue and deliberately ignore the problem pointed out to them, it only speaks about their competency levels rather than my sanity.

Come to think of it, it has turned to be a regretful decision to buy a Hyundai. Like wildon, we too had a Hyundai(Accent) before and were quite happy with it. Its the current generation of cars that have serious issues and Hyundai is quite happily siting on it waiting for some disaster to happen.

Just makes me wonder sometimes if these guys are trained to be like this and do such things deliberately or whether HMIL carries out a background check on qualifications when appointing its employees in the ROs and the dealership?

Even if a case is filed, these people are least bothered because they know they have a big legal team backing them up and they really don't have to be made answerable( individually).

The car has serious issues and it is quiet evident from the resale value of the i20 in the used car market. I just feel trapped after buying this car. Even if you think selling of this car, it will be at a huge loss.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 3rd March 2011 at 09:56.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:42   #154
BHPian

As a Santro AT owner, I am closely following this thread. My car's warranty expires in mid-2012. I have not faced any issues so far, so I was not aware of such practices by Hyundai, but I have also seen that the quality of service (especially competency to solve issues) has been coming down.

@Jaggu: Request you to kindly update us on where and how the repairs are carried outside Hyundai A.S.S. It will be very useful for someone like me who might same similar issues later.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:51   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I am kind of surprised by this thread. People used to swear by the A.S.S of Hyundai and Maruti. And now this. I will have to get on touch with a colleague of mine who is driving an i10 since last 3 years and get a break up of the costs. He is rather happy with the car and the company.
During the warranty period, the customer will have no reason to complain about the replacement policy which is followed by manufacturers, since this is not seperately charged to the customer. It is once the warranty honeymoon is over and the customer is expected to pay for any replacement experiments which are carried out on his car, that the hard truth hits him.

Suddenly, the vehicle which felt cheap to maintain all this while turns into a money eating machine, and satisfaction takes a hit. As i had mentioned earlier on this thread, Ford India is a victim of the very same behavior.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:12   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

What skanchan is saying is 100 percent true.hyundai is not what it used to be.Its quality has dropped to abysmal levels and their customer care is noting but a big joke.if hyundai continues like this to be ignorant to customers it will be thrashed left and right as people have done to skoda.Remember one thing hyundai, building reputation takes years but it takes only a few unhappy customers in a forum like this to trash your reputation to ashes. Just because we are indian customers you cant take us for a ride.even if every Bhpian tells others against buying a hyundai it will have a huge impact.Here word of mouth plays a major role in finalising ones decision.better pull up your socks hyundai or you will be digging your grave.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:55   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Email sent to all including the below mentioned email id's Not expecting anything positive, still pointing towards this feedback thread.
There was one Mr.Kim who was the servicing head of Hyundai.
If possible you can try finding his email-id and add to the list.

Both Maruti and Hyundai earned their reputation for easy and cheap maintenance during the days of Mr.Jagdish khattar and Mr. Subbu.
Maruti hasn't come down from that standards i guess, but Hyundai
is slipping.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:14   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
During the warranty period, the customer will have no reason to complain about the replacement policy which is followed by manufacturers, since this is not seperately charged to the customer.
Well, after all the part replacement work done during the warranty period to address the steering rattle issue( which included nearly 15 visits to the workshop with the same issue - 180 kms+ up & down), we only felt cheated as the problem still persists. The Hyundai "greats" tried to divert the issue by calling it dashboard noise/suspension noise/ normal noise/ noise due to telescopic steering and when they did not have any reason left, they stopped answering or responding. In our car, the steering rack was changed twice, steering column once, tie rod assembly once, in between there many many experiments done on the car, yet the issue still persists.

The front tyres have gone completely bald because the fools at Om Hyundai, Junagadh goofed up something bad while fitting the whole system back. Now I noticed dust inside the speedometer console, yes inside the speedometer console. I shall post the pictures later in my thread later. It is not only frustrating to see this but exteremly painful as well. On top of that, those people don't care to respond.

We, including the Hyundai RO in Ahmedabad very well know who is responsible for this mess, yet they refuse to acknowledge it and simply are reluctant to take action against the workshop, which is exteremly frustrating to see. I can only relate this to corrupt cops who refuse to take action against local goons. The very same people in the RO who are supposed to monitor the performance of the workshops in their region and who are "supposed" to come down hard on erring workshops, work hand in hand with the workshop to cover up the workshop's goofups. The RO still calls Om Hyundai, Junagadh to be "competent" as per their standards. If Om Hyundai's standards are anything to go by, I dare say that HMIL should be ashamed of its service standards. These jokers in Om Hyundai can't even fit back the rear glass properly and yet they are calling these people competent. Disgusting!!!!!

As for the warranty issue, I fear that after the warranty gets over, it will be a nightmare for us. Even for a minor issue reported, they will ask us to change the entire unit. As I said earlier, we had an Accent earlier. It served us faithfully for six years,it never needed any "warranty replacement" nor did it create any trouble for us. It was only in its sixth year that it started giving engine trouble that we decided to sell it off. But till that time, it was simply awesome. Can the i20 last that long without giving any trouble? I don't think so. Our i20 already underwent so many experiments and replacements, God only knows what awaits us when the warranty expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
.better pull up your socks hyundai or you will be digging your grave.
I dare say that the employees of HMIL hardly care for their company's reputation. They are happy as long as they have a HMIL name card and they get their monthly salaries . A troubled customer's concerns or the company's reputation are probably least of their priorities.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 3rd March 2011 at 13:19.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:35   #159
BHPian

I incurred a bill of 10K for the 40,000 kms service of my petrol Getz gls. Major items were brake pads/shoes, engine decarb, AC belt. I feel 10K is a huge amount for a small car like getz & came as a shock.

Also I had to go back twice as 1)they had not topped up power steering fluid. The SA had the cheek to tell me that there must be a leak somewhere! 2) The rear brakes gave up in few days & needed replacement.
Problem 2 was discovered en-route to ooty...
This speaks volumes about the quality of their work! they don't even care about about the customers life, forget quality of work.

Lesson learnt, I don't think am going back anytime soon to advaith hyundai (vasanthnagar).
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:45   #160
BANNED

@mohan41& @raihan: I normally get things like brake pads, exhaust etc. done outside. Parts are easily available. Engine decoke is normally a fraud, as is radiator flush. No need, just for a fast buck. I tell them to forget it. Next time I will ask them to do away with the various sprays as well.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:46   #161
BHPian

Quote:
While Ford has moved away from the stupidity of not providing child parts, Hyundai appears to have moved into the same stupidity.

Ford has started to become popular again. Now it is time for Hyundai to start garnering Ford's earlier reputation of expensive spares.

The real problem is with their policy of not selling child parts.
Samurai

This policy will hurt the reputation of Hyundai very soon.

Yes Hyundai doesn't seem to have learnt from Ford's mistake. Figo has indeed changed the fortunes of Ford. I guess i10 and i20 will change Hyundai's fortune too but the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As i had mentioned earlier on this thread, Ford India is a victim of the very same behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mohan41& @raihan: I normally get things like brake pads, exhaust etc. done outside. Parts are easily available. .
Currently access to Hyundai Genuine spares seems to be an issue. If we can get a reliable source of spares and an excellent independent garage we are done.

@ Jaggu please do share us information if any on for the source of spares and details of the independent garage who can help us with PMS.

@ SS-Traveller - I know you have excellent source for Hyundai spares. Can you check with your contact in Delhi to see if there is anyone he can recommend in Bangalore.

What would we do without team-bhp..
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:47   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not a technical/manufacturing issue, they obviously have the child parts. The real problem is with their policy of not selling child parts.
I know baba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Here is the complete i10 part list for your reference.
Do you have part list for Santro (AT / Manual) as well?

Spike
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:55   #163
BHPian

This thread has been a real eye opener for most people about Hyundai's service.

I'll be very careful of dealing with the service centres. In fact, I'm trying to find a good centre to service the car once my warranty is done with.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:59   #164
Senior - BHPian

Does Hundai sell extended warranty? Looking at this thread, it make most sense to bye 5 year warranty (including extended).

That would shift burden of spare cost to Hundai. Since extended warranties are underwritten by general insurance companies, they will take Hyundai to task over expensive spares.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:13   #165
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Does Hundai sell extended warranty? Looking at this thread, it make most sense to bye 5 year warranty (including extended).

That would shift burden of spare cost to Hundai. Since extended warranties are underwritten by general insurance companies, they will take Hyundai to task over expensive spares.
Correct. But will extended warranty cover normal wear-tear parts like CV boots? I think it does not cover the transmission, CV joints etc. (correct me if I am wrong),. I think it covers only engine and gear box.

Also, sometimes preventive maintenance is not carried out so that the customer can be fleeced for a higher amount at a later date. This is nothing but a malpractice. Manufacturers have no control on this. What a manufacturer can do is, ensure a fair practice code is followed. But if the RO is hand in glove with dealership, then who is going to check them? Its something like the fence eating the crop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks