Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 00:35   #316
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Hyundai service center says that they don't get individual spares for the electrical wiring and I have to replace the entire engine wiring harness which will cost 15K + 2K for labor.

My question is do you know any place in Shivajinagar where I can just the Ignition Coil Wiring Harness Coupler for Huyndai Getz 1.3 Petrol? Even used will do.
Sorry to hear about the vile act of vandalism on your car.

I'm not sure about this, but I think you may be able to get a good quality, brand new ignition coil wiring harness from Bosch at a fraction of the price HASS has quoted.

Check page 35 of the very useful catalogue from Bosch that was uploaded by fellow BHPian unk9ja on "the spare parts prices" thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3164736

Last edited by RSR : 2nd July 2013 at 00:54.
Old 2nd July 2013, 02:18   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Have consistently got bills averaging between 7 to 8 K for regular service (every 7500 KM) at Trident Bangalore for Santro ! I believe this is too much for an ordinary hatch.
I would expect a regular service for a car like Santro to cost no more than 4K per service or even lesser.

Was going to Advaith initially found the charges to be exorbitant and Trident was marginally better but still hovering around the above cost.

Going for wheel alignment and balancing at any service center in general is a rip-off. Its better to get them done seperately at a dedicated computerized wheel alignment shop at much lower costs.

Even Palio authorized service cost at Fiat is just about 5 to 5.5K every 7500 KM with no Hyundai like gimmicks such as injector cleaning, engine oil supplement, engine flush etc.

I want to try out Blue Hyundai next time, has anyone tried them at Bangalore ?

Last edited by for_cars1 : 2nd July 2013 at 02:31.
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:53   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

I want to try out Blue Hyundai next time, has anyone tried them at Bangalore ?
They are also no better. In fact problem solving ability is zero. They are happy as long as you accept their additives and flush . And the time they make you wait before they attend you is worse than a government office. As long as you don't have any problem to trouble shoot and its a routine oil filter and other standard replacement procedure you may go . Don't ever go for any value added services like interior cleaning etc. Also being outside the city is no good either for the service levels they provide
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:10   #319
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough Hyundai is ranked Second largest auto maker in India, somehow i was never interested in Hyundai products. And i guess i will stay this way for some more time.

I know plenty of happy Hyundai owners. I guess the cars are generally trouble free, but they are unaware of the service costs of other cars. Also hyundai has cars in every segment which lets people easily upgrade to next segment without going to another show room.

If i see last two years trend, Hyundai has been flat. They are not introducing any new segment or multiple choices in same segment. They are just happy with existing models and month on month their sales numbers have been flat(Unlike M&M/Renault or even TATA)

So i wonder how they are sustaining this business so well. Answer is in service costs !!
Old 14th July 2013, 12:51   #320
BHPian

first paid service - ~ 5 K for i10 AT. A host of unnecessary stuff like injector cleaning, flush thrown in. And this was at Hyundai Motor Plaza.
Old 15th July 2013, 02:08   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Many times I have wondered Misquitus is officially a part of Hyundai . Just a joke . No offence meant . But I am really happy there are few fully satisfied Hyundai customers .
I remember spending about 12.5k just for a body repair which would have hardly costed 3-4k if had opted for an garage outside or if had been maruti,maximum it would have been 7k.
Sorry for picking up on this old post, but it slipped past me especially since my username in the post was misspelled.

rki2007, rest assured that I an NOT in any way, directly or indirectly, part of Hyundai (I'm a journalist by profession) as much as I trust that you are not officially part of Maruti.

I gather that many may not expect Hyundai to fully satisfy its customers, but please check my attached log below and you can then verify if the cost to service and maintain my i10 has been reasonable or not. I will let the facts pertaining to my FE and costs speak for itself.

I10-LOG.xls

Last edited by misquitas : 15th July 2013 at 02:11.
Old 15th July 2013, 08:12   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas

Sorry for picking up on this old post, but it slipped past me especially since my username in the post was misspelled.

rki2007, rest assured that I an NOT in any way, directly or indirectly, part of Hyundai (I'm a journalist by profession) as much as I trust that you are not officially part of Maruti.

I gather that many may not expect Hyundai to fully satisfy its customers, but please check my attached log below and you can then verify if the cost to service and maintain my i10 has been reasonable or not. I will let the facts pertaining to my FE and costs speak for itself.
Hey it was nothing personal!! . Had it been that way , I really apologize for the same . Also for your information I am no way related with Maruti. And for your information I am a Chartered Accountant by profession
Old 15th July 2013, 21:54   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hey it was nothing personal!! . Had it been that way , I really apologize for the same . Also for your information I am no way related with Maruti. And for your information I am a Chartered Accountant by profession
All's well that's clarified well.

Now, did you go through that attached file of mine? The first section includes the FE figures, while the second section has the maintenance/service costs of my i10. Please note that the service costs have been fairly reasonable to me, unless someone can point out to cheaper service costs in other Hyundai/private service stations.

Last edited by misquitas : 15th July 2013 at 22:00.
Old 18th July 2013, 00:12   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Guys I need a Ignition Coil Wiring Harness Coupler for Huyndai Getz 1.3 Petrol as some vandal has cut it while the car was parked at my apartment.

Sharing a photo, I have circled the part in red.

Hyundai service center says that they don't get individual spares for the electrical wiring and I have to replace the entire engine wiring harness which will cost 15K + 2K for labor.

My question is do you know any place in Shivajinagar where I can just the Ignition Coil Wiring Harness Coupler for Huyndai Getz 1.3 Petrol? Even used will do.
Did you get this part from outside?
Old 18th July 2013, 10:24   #325
BHPian

I did not get the exact part as Hyundai does not manufacture individual coupler parts anymore for Getz. Checked with all Hyundai Service centres.

I finally went to the Bosch service centre in Hoody where they re-purposed the fuel sensor coupler from a Getz diesel. So far it seems to be working fine.

Somebody had the cut the wire in my car, was your problem similar?

Last edited by bharatbs : 18th July 2013 at 10:26.
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 11:30   #326
BANNED

It is because of these add-ons I find my Civic cheaper to maintain than my earlier Accent. I have been mighty pleased with Honda service.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:04   #327
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I my last service for the i10. AT - 4th service (Paid) vehicle at only 3000kms in 1.5 years.

1) They wanted to replace oil - I pointed out that it was replaced 6months back and has run 1K kms since then. They agreed to not replace till 1 year is over (next 5th service in December)

2) Wanted to clean and service the brakes as they seemed to lack bit for Rs. 700 or so. agreed to waive it off when I pointed out that the vehicle had run 3000 kms and this was a warranty issue if the brake fade happens so soon.

3) Wanted to charge me for VAS scanning for checking on my complain of poor acceleration Rs. 600 or so - Waived off when I pointed out that the issue of poor acceleration must be addressed within warranty for a car that has run only 3000 kms and diagnostic tools cannot be charged for.

4) Mentioned I am a TBHP member and that I will post a review. Raised my voice a bit.

5) End Result Bill Rs. 1500 including taxes + Complimentary Engine bay wax spray worth Rs. 600. They still did include some junk items like cleaning the throttle body.

6) The work was fine overall but having to haggle irritates me and reminds me of Skoda but here the total bill after haggling was 1/10th of that the Laura gives annually (though with an oil change.)
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 17:11   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
It is because of these add-ons I find my Civic cheaper to maintain than my earlier Accent. I have been mighty pleased with Honda service.
If service-costs were to be computed on an annual basis for both your cars (instead of looking at individual service costs in isolation), I think there might not be much difference between what you paid for each, because inspite of the extra add-ons charged by HyASS (MASS is no saint either in this), they would get to do this only once a year (1yr / 10K km service), while the multiple services (2 a year as per manual, but HoASS ask to bring the car once a quarter) mandated by Honda in a year would mean the same cost without any add-ons.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th July 2013 at 17:20.
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:49   #329
BHPian

Yes , all my friends and known people who own Hyundai , vouche that they will never get a Hyundai again . There main reason is the cost of Ownership . The dealers charge them more everytime they visit . Also it is said that for Petrol cars , eventough the dealer charges for oil change , the dealers just top up engine oil and deliver !!!
Old 6th August 2013, 12:07   #330
BHPian

Just gave my i20 diesel for the 45K service, estimated cost of service is 6.5K(no wheel alignment and decarb). Then I get a call saying rear brake pads need to be changed (2K) and then the front ones too (2K). I had gotten the front pads changed at 30K, so the car has run only 13K (odo is at 43K). Effectively the service cost is now 11K. And the best party is that the SA says, you have to get it serviced every 6 months (unlike the new i20s every 12 months). Imagine spending 15-20K on servicing alone. Hyundai definitely is not cheap by any means. Good that I am disposing off the car very soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks