Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 11:23   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post

Somebody had the cut the wire in my car, was your problem similar?
No, I did not face any such problem. The vehicle had become a little rough, now very smooth after using System G fuel system cleaner.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:36   #347
Senior - BHPian

I don't really get this - my i10's 30k service (albeit done at 28.5k) cost me Rs 3611 - this includes oil, filter, 2 wipers replaced,air filter replaced, engine tuning (more of a throttle body cleaning I should say), wheel brake cleaning and pad inspection, inspection of all the items that is to be inspected, and all labor.

I believe the real secret to a sensible bill at an Hyundai A$$ is learning to say 'No' to the 'value adds' suggested by the SA. When that person suggests something, just ask him, 'what shall be the immediate improvement I shall see' - if the answer is mumbo-jumbo, stay away from it.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 21:34   #348
BHPian

Having been robbed blind at the Kalyan Nagar hyundai A.S.S today, i desperately want to stay away from these A.S.S.es in the future.

Are there any trustworthy private workshops in a 5 km radius of Kasturi Nagar/Banaswadi where i could take my i10 from next service onwards?

thanks in advance.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 22:37   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Having been robbed blind at the Kalyan Nagar hyundai A.S.S today, i desperately want to stay away from these A.S.S.es in the future.

Are there any trustworthy private workshops in a 5 km radius of Kasturi Nagar/Banaswadi where i could take my i10 from next service onwards?

thanks in advance.
Dont know which dealers service center you went to. Try Advaith Hyundai in whitefield. I had been servicing my Accent at their centre for more than 10 yrs and find their service pretty decent. There have been issues over the period but they ensured that they were resolved. As usual avoid going for any unwanted engine flushing etc which these SA's may try to sell you.
Old 11th August 2013, 13:23   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

Considering that the i20 diesel has one of the poorest braking distances:

I'd probably not shy away from the brake-pad replacements (assuming the replacements are any better / help).
I have doubts on the credibility of data. The tests Will be considered as benchmarks only if

1. All cars have same brand of tyres.
2. Factory recommended tyre pressure
3. All cars have ABS .
4. All the braking is tested on same tarmac.

I am pretty happy with the braking on my I20 diesel. The rear disc brakes improves the braking considerably

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 11th August 2013 at 13:26.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 21:52   #351
BHPian

I own a late 2011 model i10 and I have been regularly servicing this car every 6 months even though I don't complete even 3000 kms in between. I do so due to clause in extended warranty section that requires you to get car services every 10k or 6 months which ever is earlier.

My question is :

1. Would just oil change count as a service, as per extended warranty ?

2. What if I get oil change every 6 months and get detailed service done every 10 k?

3. Do things like wheel balancing need to be carried on every service or every 10k ?

I was able to dig up service details using hyundai website. Pasting below for advise.

Service Date Service Mileage
May 20, 2013 00014490
November 21, 2012 00011783
May 28, 2012 00008887
November 23, 2011 00005996
June 3, 2011 00003725
February 2, 2011 00001168

Appreciate any comments.

Last edited by vivek.ks : 11th August 2013 at 22:04.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:46   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
I own a late 2011 model i10 and I have been regularly servicing this car every 6 months even though I don't complete even 3000 kms in between. I do so due to clause in extended warranty section that requires you to get car services every 10k or 6 months which ever is earlier.

Appreciate any comments.
My understanding is that you have to follow the 6 month service interval mentioned in the user manual, if you care about the warranty.

If you do not honour the service interval or any part inspection/replacement or tyre rotation intervals, then you are giving the company a reason to dishonour the warranty.

I would suggest that you keep getting the vehicle serviced as per the recommended service interval, as long as it is in the warranty period. Engine oil change is just one aspect of the service, there are many other checks done by the service centre during servicing.

Just be careful to get only those jobs done that are mentioned in the user manual as per the kms covered. Don't get conned by the service advisor and refuse all fancy items like additives, flushes, decarbonising, wax polish, interior cleaning, AC servicing etc.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 15:01   #353
BHPian

Is there a link to check a (Hyundai) car's service details online? If yes, please provide. I would like to see what they have written about my car .
Old 12th August 2013, 15:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Is there a link to check a (Hyundai) car's service details online? If yes, please provide. I would like to see what they have written about my car .
The Hyundai site is: http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/

Here's GTO's thread on the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ar-owners.html
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 18:48   #355

Got my fluidic Verna serviced yesterday for 40000 km.
been to the service center again today as i was getting weird noise of coolant flowing/ bubbling sort of inside the cabin when we start the car. they said its because they have filled new coolant and its normal.
lets wait and hope it gets resolved by the time.
bill attached for everyone's reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-hyundai.jpeg  

Sidhu bangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 21:36   #356
Senior - BHPian

Couldnt agree more on this thread - its getting more and more expensive. Though I believe they offer the best value proposition for the quality/fit/finish/technology they offer..

But I must admit - I allow them to replace as long as its in the longer term interest of the car.

Heard horror stories about Carnation auto.. What do you guys think of Bosch?
What are the real alternates in BLR?
Old 29th October 2013, 22:20   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhu bangalore View Post
Got my fluidic Verna serviced yesterday for 40000 km.
been to the service center again today as i was getting weird noise of coolant flowing/ bubbling sort of inside the cabin when we start the car. they said its because they have filled new coolant and its normal.
lets wait and hope it gets resolved by the time.
bill attached for everyone's reference.
That bubbling noise is because of air bubbles trapped inside. Do this. When the engine is COLD remove the radiator reservoir cap and start the car. Let it idle for 10 mins. All the trapped air bubbles will go. Now allow the engine to cool down. Check the coolant level in the coolant tank. Top up if the level is below the low marking.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:25   #358
BANNED

Once the warranty is over you may consider what I used to do - annual service (I do not do 10,000 a year on any one car), and alternate between an independent and HASS.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2013 at 19:47. Reason: Edited on request.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 01:58   #359
BHPian

I am not sure why Hyundai is charging more for our Santro(rs 4500 - 5000) than what they charge for my accord in US. it's flat $28 for engine oil change and other check up. Hyundai A.S.S is standardly replacing liquid stuff and other components even if it's not need.they say it's the package and the labor charge is exuberant while saying the labor is cheap.
Old 31st October 2013, 05:29   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

This what was done to a colleagues i10, and second is the list of jobs that were deemed "critical" for his 30k done car.
He'd had enough of being gypped by the ASC, and gave me a call beforehand.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-img20131028wa0000.jpg  

Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-img20131028wa0001.jpg  

mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks