Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 01:27   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
An update of my i20, the car's steering rattle is back to the core, I have given then 4 Chances, and they failed miserably.

I will be sending a formal letter to the company and the dealer soon and heading to the consumer court for seeking compensation.
I am shocked to hear this , I read that you were facing the problem, but i thought that it got resolved. Many other owners too are complaining about the problem reappearing! Hyundai's "Shrug shoulder" attitude towards customers is worrying me. The i20 is selling more than ever before. God only knows where they are headed to.
Old 28th February 2011, 10:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

@Jaggu - If you don't get any response to your emails to HMIL, maybe you can try emailing your experience to JD Power and include a link to this thread. Copy that email to some big shots in HMIL. Maybe that will light some fires under their you-know-where.

Some email id's that I got from the internet:

John Tews
J.D. Power and Associates
Director, Media Relations
5435 Corporate Drive, Suite 300
Troy , MI 48098
USA
(248) 312-4119
john.tews@jdpa.com

XingTi Liu
J.D. Power and Associates
8 Shenton Way
#44-02/03/04
Singapore 068811
Singapore
+65 65976151
xingti_liu@jdpower.com.sg

mohit_arora@jdpower.com.sg

JD Power Asia Pacific site:

J.D. Power Asia Pacific, Inc.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:46   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
you can try emailing your experience to JD Power and include a link to this thread
J.D Power Associates cannot help in this regard. They are only a survey based group and will view this only as a feedback. One response we got from the group :

"Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry to hear aboutyour bad experience with your Hyundai.All of our ratings are solely based on consumer responses to our surveys. We do not test these products ourselves or provide our own opinion in the studies to try to keep the results as unbiased as possible. We always appreciate consumer feedback. That being said, I will forward your comments onto our research department for their reference. Thank you for taking the timeto contact us and hopefully you will receive better service in the future"

having said this, I request all Hyundai owners reading this thread, to share their views with J.D Power Associates. Visit their website and put in a feedback, explaining your ordeal with HMIL and their poor response customer feedback. Maybe a number a such feedbacks from customers will be forwarded to Hyundai and maybe HMIL will be forced to take action.

Last edited by Stratos : 4th March 2011 at 12:21.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:58   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing going to happen.
True. One is cheating himself if one expects a proper answer from Hyundai. They have become one big arrogant company now. Their non-response to this recurring steering problem reflects shows their attitude towards customers - "do whatever you want, we don't care." We haev faced the naked arrogance of the company in our case. They refuse to respond or take action against a third grade ,useless workshop like the one in Junagadh. I dare say that HMIL is now being run a bunch of thugs, right from the regional level to the national level, who don't care for a customer's genuine concerns!!!!

Quote:
I will be sending a formal letter to the company and the dealer soon and heading to the consumer court for seeking compensation.
Feel free to contact me if you have any queries filing a case against them. While filing a case is quite easy, it may take a long time for the result to come and that is what these companies take advantage of. While I too had sent a full report of the circus that went on with the car to those great people in HMIL, they did not bother to respond. See to it that you seek an acknowledgment when you send these report( either courier or Regd Post)

Be prepared for a longdrawn battle in case you decide to pursue the case in the consumer court. Trust me, they will not even respond to the court in time also and keep on seeking tareekh pe tareekh( keep asking for more time to respond to the court & hence keep on dragging the issue).

As they say, where there is a will there is way. Hyundai, if serious, can find an answer to the steering issue. But they neither have the will nor the way to find an answer to this issue. It is only customers like us who keep on suffering because of this.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:13   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
No response after the customer care call from dealer. I have got some escalation id's plan to use it by Monday. I think I have given them enough time to respond
Are they watching or what, again Mumbai customer care called up on Sunday morning. I was little more stern and asked them NOT to call me and get into this dealer><customer care loop anymore, unless there is a reasonable reply or solution. Since then no news, poor customer is busy so could not even type a reply

But customer is slowly building his anger he he he
Old 28th February 2011, 22:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

I am sure they are watching. Or some PR agency is watching T-BHP/Facebook etc on their behalf.

No automobile company can ignore social media.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:58   #127
BHPian

Probably HMIL has learnt a lesson from the Skoda incident , so maintianing a stern silence, testing the customers' patience and proving its inefficiency in handling problems. More than a lack of response, I view this as a lack of technical know-how to handle the issues with the car. The HMIL employees are simply not qualifies enough to answer queries pertaining to the car.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 28th February 2011 at 23:00.
Old 1st March 2011, 09:12   #128
BHPian

"Hyundai believes there is a difference between making cars(crap) and making cars(crap) with a difference" Ofcourse we know the difference, the inferior quality cars with poor R n D which rattles. Ofcourse you are different, we can tell from your shoulder-shrug attitude how much you care for the customer.Ofcourse we can tell from the expensive spares you produce and have the audacity to call it the common man's ride.

"Every moment expect to hear the wonder", ofcourse we hear the wonder you have created kat kat kat, rattle, squeak. Ofcourse we hear the wonder in your service advisors and works managers, across the nation, whose suggestions can even put Einstein to wonder if he has ever studeid science.

Ofcourse its new thinking, new possibilities. Instead of spending whopper on this ad, a little more careful approach to the customer would have given enough thumbs up to this, now, arrogant company

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 1st March 2011 at 09:14.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:17   #129
Team-BHP Support

First escalation as advised by customer care email to their regional office. Atleast the person who attended the call understood the issue with a very short explanation. She was to the point and has taken my number to get back with the info on the "child" parts.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:25   #130
BHPian

i do not have any personal grudges against Hyundai, i still believe they make some of the best cars in the world. I still remember the Accent launch and the ad campaign, they had then called it the million dollar car, with the car running under a silk blanket spread acorss the length of the road, then revealing a golden accent. That ad truly proclaimed the accent as it should have. Even today the Accent looks elegant as ever. It is the after sales service that pricks me badly, haning over our priced possessions to the incompetent A.S.S.

Its not as if Hyundai doent know the problems of customers. I am sure mnay HMIL employees keenly follow this forum as well as many others just to know the reaction of people. IMHO, Automags anyway dont mean anything, throw them money and they will hail the bullock carrt as the most luxirious vehicle ever. Internet forums are where you get the reaction of the people, the appreciation, the flaws.

IF HMIL has decided not to take any action against the erring dealerships, people will look for cheaper, and in some cases, more reliable workshops to carry out all repair jobs pertaining to the vehicle. If the spares, at A.S.S, today cost 1/10 th the price of vehicle, there is something seriously wrong with the companies. We have had all sorts of cases on T-BHP: overpriced spares, duplicate spares, wrong spares and the most expensive of the lot, zero technical knowledge.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:53   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
IF HMIL has decided not to take any action against the erring dealerships, people will look for cheaper, and in some cases, more reliable workshops to carry out all repair jobs pertaining to the vehicle.
This is a very important thing that contributes to long term ownership satisfaction, where MUL scores. Like it or not. They have done well with the concept of M.A.S.S which offers such affordable choice, as an approved alternative. Hence customers still run back to them for their next purchase. To be very honest, the service offered is not 5 star or anything and the cars not better than, say a hyundai. BUT ease and affordability of service of a MUL vehicle is unparalleled in this country.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:33   #132
Senior - BHPian

Post a letter to one of these guys at below address.
Quote:
1) H. W. Park - Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Managing Director and Senior Executive Director of Administration
2) V.D. Bhasin - Senior Vice-President of Sales
3) Arvind Saxena - Senior Vice President of Marketing & Sales
4) M. Whoo - Head of R&d and Engineering Operations
5) Sanjeev Shukla - Head of Marketing
Address:
Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Limited
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Plot H - 1 SipCot Industrial Park
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 602105
India
Or try your luck at following phone number.
Quote:
Phone: 91 44 4710 0000
Source of above info:
Hyundai Motor India Limited: CEO & Executives - BusinessWeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
So the complaints get sent to the dealer only.
Not at least in case of Fiat!! I got a list of guys from TML and Fiat India keeping an eye on emails between me and Fiat service center

Last edited by HammerHead : 1st March 2011 at 18:35.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:31   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Post a letter to one of these guys at below address.
I sent my report to :
Regional Heads, HMIL ROs(Ahmedabad & Mumbai)
President, Mktg & Sales HQ, New Delhi
CEO, HMIL, Tamil Nadu

The report was a file containing quite a few pages of text narrating the car's history. I enclosed photographs, video and a CD proving the workshop's( Om Hyundai, Junagadh) incompetency.

None of these great people in HMIL bothered to respond. I am attaching the courier receipts of the reports sent to them.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-abad.jpg  

Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-ndeli.jpg  

Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-tn.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st March 2011, 19:57   #134
BHPian

hammerhead, calls to any listed numbers on the website or otherwise are answered by call centre executives who cannot tell a car from a bullock cart. We have approached the consumer court for justice but it will be a long drawn battle with excuses ranging from did not receive notice to misplaced reminders, but we are ready for it. The purpose of posting on this forum is to spread the message are warn prospective customers of the impending problem.

Hyundai dealerships across the nation have been trained to deceive prospective buyers of i-20 or any other car from its stables. You mention the word rattle and they have all sorts of excuses ready, ranging from old TD car, dashboard noise to tyre noise(????!!!!) And if you happen to mention skanchan95''s case, they would call him a mad customer who hears imaginary sounds. Or as another case, the area and regional managers wil have the audacity to call it a mental block. Be warned, this will be your fate if you buy a Hyundai, even you will be labelled a jhik jhik wala aadmi(irritating customer). Hyundai cannot accept an honest feedback, and instead of solving the problem they will sit on it, hoping it will go away-the Ostrich syndrome.

Hyundai no longer cares about customers/feedback, any feedback is ignored and labelled a mental patient. I think HMIL should issue a statutary warning while handing over the keys, saying if any problem is reported with the car the customer will be called a mental patient and will be liable for scrtiny.

Sadly enough, one of the people involved in this case from HMIL's side is a BHPian and proudly sports the stickers on his vehicle. While I am no one to comment on him, it is really sad that he has not shown any qualities of a BHPian, knowing very well the issues that we faced. My brother had a near accident in this piece of Hyundai junk, even that didnt move this gentleman.

Phew! Getting a little too emotional on this issue, but the fact is Hyundai better do something before disaster strikes on any of its customers. Hyundai had, in October 10, in the US, announced a recall of over 130000 Sonatas fearing the NHTSA, Toyota announced a recall over floor mat issues, Honda publically accepted a mistake in its engine. When Hyundai can do it in the US, why not in India? Are we, as human beings any different from the Americans? Do we not deserve saFe cars to drive on? Or does Hyundai have different yard sticks for different countries?

There are many Hyundai loyalists who stand by the company but in the last one year I have seen and heard them complaining also. I too was a loyalist, I loved the Santro , the Accent, the Sonata(the first gen had actually outsold the then, 6th gen, Accord when it was launched in 2001), but now the HMIL service has changed everything.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 1st March 2011 at 20:09.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:38   #135
Senior - BHPian

@ skanchan95, man I was aware of Steering rattle and AC issues in i20 but was under impression that these were taken care by Hyundai!!
If the company management itself is not responding whom should one look at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
When Hyundai can do it in the US, why not in India?
That's because of our consumer law. Its too time consuming which makes it ineffective!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 2nd March 2011 at 12:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks