Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2024, 13:24   #601

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
Did you request wheel alignment and wheel balancing? I would recommend getting it done from outside.
Also, in the 'Part Description' section, I noticed the inclusion of '50ml - Windshield Washer'. Can you question this?
I remember that initially, my ASS used to provide a washer liquid pouch after servicing.
I did not request anything. I do a 15 month servicing and this time I took it he added it all.
Old 30th March 2024, 15:09   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bini10 View Post
I did not request anything. I do a 15 month servicing and this time I took it he added it all.
I don't think you can do anything now.
However, the next time you visit the ASS, please keep an eye on the items added to the job card beforehand and question their necessity. Also, make sure to clearly request that they inform you in case they are performing any additional work.
Old 6th April 2024, 10:00   #603
BHPian

I own a Creta SX IVT 2020 and it's been working really well. However after 3.5 years my AVN screen is not working and it hangs on the Hyundai logo. Replacement of this part is around 40K. Hyundai has informed me that this part is not covered in extended warranty which I've purchased. It's surprising that a critical part which is not included in the wear and tear definition is not included. The car parameters can be controlled from the AVN only and there's no other way to do it. While I've written to Hyundai, I've not received any response yet. Is there a way to escalate this to Hyundai and whom does one reach out to?
Old 6th April 2024, 15:04   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I own a Creta SX IVT 2020 and it's been working really well. However after 3.5 years my AVN screen is not working and it hangs on the Hyundai logo. Replacement of this part is around 40K. Hyundai has informed me that this part is not covered in extended warranty which I've purchased. It's surprising that a critical part which is not included in the wear and tear definition is not included. The car parameters can be controlled from the AVN only and there's no other way to do it. While I've written to Hyundai, I've not received any response yet. Is there a way to escalate this to Hyundai and whom does one reach out to?
Infotainment system carries its own limited warranty which if I remember from my booklet is 1 year only. It comes with a separate manual too. If you had read it it won't be surprising. My Creta has 5 year Wonder warranty but I knew when I bought the car and from reading owner manual and infotainment manual that it isn't covered for the same 5 years.
Old 6th April 2024, 17:17   #605
BHPian

That's some strange arrangement by Hyundai. It definitely is more than just an infotainment system. I expect it to last as long as my car as it has the reverse camera screen, configuration of your car and many other useful features which are not luxury but a necessity. On top of that, it takes 15 days for replacement during which time one doesn't have access to even the screen as it's taken out. The replacement cannot be done by any dealership and it's done by the third party vendor at Chennai only. Highly dissappointed with this.

Most Viewed