Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 19:12   #361

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Hi All,
My Fluidic Verna got her 50K service done.
This time clearly informed SA that no additional,unwanted works to be carried to increase the bill like last time.
attached is the bill copy for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-hyundai-1.jpeg  

Old 14th January 2014, 21:57   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhu bangalore View Post
Hi All,
This time clearly informed SA that no additional,unwanted works to be carried to increase the bill like last time.
Not bad Sidhu. Bill amount is not bad for 50K service.

Only thing interesting is why did they charge for drum cleaning and caliper greasing. Isn't brake service part of overall service?

Secondly what is "Care Plus" with part number as CON3

Am wondering what is CON1 and CON2?

Did they ask you if you want 3M interior cleaning or 3M exterior package?
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 22:29   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This what was done to a colleagues i10, and second is the list of jobs that were deemed "critical" for his 30k done car.
He'd had enough of being gypped by the ASC, and gave me a call beforehand.
Hi Mayank, trust me this has become a routine at every Hyundai Service Centre you choose. Even the Hyundai Motor Plaza which is a company owned and operated workshop will not spare you. Engine flushing, engine decarbonising, injector cleaning, throttle body cleaning are all money milking items.

I do recall an instance where one of the service advisors kept on insisting for me getting these things done on my car. After a lot of arguments here and there, I asked him show me where these things are mentioned in the owners manual as part of schedule maintenance. Again he started convincing me and this time I asked him just one question and that was " who is more intelligent, the engineers who have given the inputs to be incorporate in the manual or you and what is the difference in your qualifications?

I think this blunt question cleared his doubts and he did what I asked him to do. Of course, when I went to pick the car in the evening he was not the same smiling guy I had met in the morning, may be because I had robbed him of his incentive.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 01:53   #364
Team-BHP Support

I have asked the question multiple times to Hyundai SAs, and never got a convincing answer. When they charge for each item separately anyway, what exactly do they cover under 'Periodic Maintenance Service'? Not one convincing reply in 7+ years of ownership.

Now, I refuse to pay for anything they can't prove they've done. Sometimes, I've gone as far as making them show me whether they've actually serviced & greased the disk brake calipers, for example. I never get in the way, but insist on staying around the vehicle while it's serviced. If they insist on charging me for everything, I damn well make doubly sure that they earn every penny of it. I dare say I've earned the respect of the guy who regularly services/attends my car these days. During my routine service last month, I overheard him telling the mechanic assigned to my car, "Meri gaadi samajh ke service kar. Sir ko repeat complaint nahi hona chahiye" (consider this my car. Sir shouldn't come back for the same complaint). The guy still does a lot of the stuff on my car himself, even though he's promoted to supervisor now.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 08:12   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

This caliper greasing is a money spinner for them. It hardly takes 15 mins and they charge near 500 bucks for all four wheels. Next time I have decided not to get this done. I think it's better to get it done at an independent garage for lower cost
Old 15th January 2014, 08:47   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
any trustworthy private workshops
Take a visit to BAY6 Engineering (Hosa road, off sarjpur rd) for any kind of work. Its part of CODE6 Tuning and run by auto enthusiasts. PM DigitalVampire or I can help you in finding the location.
Old 15th January 2014, 08:59   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhu bangalore View Post
Hi All,
Pick up and drop charges are FREE provided by my town's service centre which is 16 kms away. Guess not all Hyundai A.S.S have the same policy. VW charges Rs.750 for one way.

Well, I think the work done according to the bill are required works and nothing unwanted. Guess you went for the mineral oil instead of synth.

Last edited by undead : 15th January 2014 at 09:02.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:17   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not bad Sidhu. Bill amount is not bad for 50K service.

Only thing interesting is why did they charge for drum cleaning and caliper greasing. Isn't brake service part of overall service?

Secondly what is "Care Plus" with part number as CON3

Am wondering what is CON1 and CON2?

Did they ask you if you want 3M interior cleaning or 3M exterior package?
Effectively the general service is costing 1375+340+295 = 2010/- Seems a little higher for general service labour. I guess CON3 is some sort of consumable that is charged.

*ROFL* on the 3M interior and exterior detailing
Old 15th January 2014, 10:34   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Take a visit to BAY6 Engineering (Hosa road, off sarjpur rd) for any kind of work. Its part of CODE6 Tuning and run by auto enthusiasts. PM DigitalVampire or I can help you in finding the location.
Also forgot to add one important thing, an online store is gong to be open where you can buy genuine/aftermarket Oil Filters, Engine oil and any parts you need for your car. It will be the only online store in India who will stock manufacturer specific engine oils that are hard or impossible to find outside the A.S.S.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:37   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post

Also forgot to add one important thing, an online store is gong to be open where you can buy genuine/aftermarket Oil Filters, Engine oil and any parts you need for your car. It will be the only online store in India who will stock manufacturer specific engine oils that are hard or impossible to find outside the A.S.S.
When is this going to open? Sounds great. Will they be stocking Hyundai parts too?
Old 15th January 2014, 13:17   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
When is this going to open? Sounds great. Will they be stocking Hyundai parts too?
BAY6 Engineering and CODE6 Tuning were started quite some time back and the online store is in progress. BAY6 Engineering is a garage that has state of the art equipment and can also accommodate DIY enthusiasts to service their cars by themselves, basically its an automobile enthusiasts' garage.

Tagging @DigitalVampire (aka Anoop)
Old 11th February 2014, 22:36   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

I picked up the Tucson after a service today.
Changed the diesel, oil and air filter, and the other regular stuff.
Total came to 8.5k, which I think is reasonable for what was an 18l car, no?
My fng says he would have charged about 5k, but I thought I would get the car on Hyundai's records once.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 14:48   #373
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Have given my Santro Xing for Service at Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bangalore which has run 31,683 Kms on ODO. I have been quoted a service bill amount of ~13,500/-. I was informed that after 30K Kms full service has to be carried out and the below changes will be done:

1. Engine Oil Change
2. Gear Oil Change
3. Coolant Change
4. Spark plug changes
5. Interior cleaning(foam)
6. Air Filter change
7. Fuel filter change
8. All plugs/filters/oils

Also it was informed during the day that clutch shutterring is there and plates has to be changed at a cost of 3800/- + 1500/-(labor) which I denied.

Guys, need your help to understand if this is the case with Santro owners to do a full service at 30K Kms and is there a possibility the clutch plates will be worn out at this point?

Quick response or help would be appreciated
Old 13th February 2014, 15:25   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Folks,

Have given my Santro Xing for Service at Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bangalore which has run 31,683 Kms on ODO. I have been quoted a service bill amount of ~13,500/-. I was informed that after 30K Kms full service has to be carried out and the below changes will be done:

Also it was informed during the day that clutch shutterring is there and plates has to be changed at a cost of 3800/- + 1500/-(labor) which I denied...
I think you better take your car now and give it to an FNG. You are being conned royally. Unless you learnt driving on this car, chances are very rare that the clutch plates are worn out.

Did you feel any clutch shattering yourself? Have you had a look at the manual yet? Everything that needs to be done during the service is listed and you need to stick on to the same list.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:39   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you better take your car now and give it to an FNG. You are being conned royally. Unless you learnt driving on this car, chances are very rare that the clutch plates are worn out.

Did you feel any clutch shattering yourself? Have you had a look at the manual yet? Everything that needs to be done during the service is listed and you need to stick on to the same list.
No I dint feel any clutch shattering. Also I have been driving this car regularaly and I do not feel any issue with the clutch. Hence I told him not to work on that.

I have looked at the manual and most of them has to be replaced as mentioned by the SA. But my only concern is does it cost so much for all these including labour.

IMO, they are charging us royally on the labor and from next time I will get it serviced at a FNG for sure.

Also any idea, how much does a brake bush cost for Santro?

Last edited by fusionbang : 13th February 2014 at 15:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks