Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 03:59   #496

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

I am recently experiencing rubbery feeling with thr clutch on my 2009 i20 petrol when driving long distance, am not able to identify if the reason is fatigue or is there some thing wrong with the clutch. Am afraid if bringing it to the notice of the service incharge @ trident service station as I run into the risk of being charged for something which might not be required. Any opinion/ advise would be helpful.
Old 1st May 2016, 08:36   #497

Is the clutch sticky, I.e. When you depress it, it takes a few seconds to depress? If so, you may have to change the Clutch along with the Master Cylinder.

Hyundai will charge around 15K for the same, and an FNG will cost 5-6k
Old 13th May 2016, 18:11   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post
Is the clutch sticky, I.e. When you depress it, it takes a few seconds to depress? If so, you may have to change the Clutch along with the Master Cylinder.

Hyundai will charge around 15K for the same, and an FNG will cost 5-6k
Not really after pressing it half way down it seems to take a little extra effort to press it down the rest of the way, even when I release it (slowly) it feels much harder. However after resting for a while (car and myself) it seems to be alright and that's the reason for my doubt of whether it's the car or the driver.
Old 14th May 2016, 08:33   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAMAB View Post
I am recently experiencing rubbery feeling with thr clutch on my 2009 i20 petrol when driving long distance, am not able to identify if the reason is fatigue or is there some thing wrong with the clutch. Am afraid if bringing it to the notice of the service incharge @ trident service station as I run into the risk of being charged for something which might not be required. Any opinion/ advise would be helpful.
I had the same issue in my Verna last year. It was because the car was left unused for a long time. But it got rectified by itself within 4-5 days on normal usage. Hope this helps.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:20   #500
Senior - BHPian

Apologies if this has been shared before. Hyundai's website has a list of labor charges for many commonly performed jobs. It can be seen here: http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...harges-40.aspx
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 18:38   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
For my 35k, 2012 i10 Kappa2 Service, the SA initially quoted me 12k. That is just regular PMS, Oil and other fluid changes.

Now he called me and said that Dicky Balancer, Brake Propotional Valve should be changed which amounts to Rs 2500

Finally he dropped the A-Bomb. He said clutch is hard and should be replaced. It will cost another 12k. I asked whether it was a cable issue. He said cable is intact and the whole assy needs replacement.

This is V3, Hyundai - Chennai

How do we verify these claims to be true or not? I personally believe that these people are fleecing me
Have you gone ahead with all this work, at these rates? Sorry friend, it's pure fleecing of customer. And V3 is very notorious for this practice.

I have owned a i10 KAPPA AT for nearly 7 years. For the first 5 years of ownership I tried V3, KUN and DSC, before finally settling on HMP Hyundai Ekkattuthangal. They are somewhat OK. Till last year, they charged no more than Rs.5000 for regular service (even that is on higher side, IMO). But I no longer depend on HASS for any services.

If indeed you require a second opinion for your car troubles, I have found that Expert Spanners at Sholinganallur (OMR) does a very good job of service and repairs, at reasonable cost. I have had major works like replacement of Steering Box assembly, Suspension arm etc. replaced at this place (the reason for all this work is a separate write-up in itself!). My car feels like showroom condition, considering it's age! I 'd highly recommend it.
renji3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 13:29   #502
BHPian

I completely agree. Because of this attitude, I hate going to their service stations. I had a bad experience twice. During 30k service, they made me go for the engine decarbonizing thing. Since then I have been very alert. Funny thing this is that, they again insisted on engine decarb in some subsequent visits. When I tell him its already done, he says no harm getting done again. The last time they succeeded in getting the bill inflated. ( Over 7k. no engine decarb. but something else. I failed to notice it in the job card)
Now I have to get the 70k service done. Can someone tell me the average service charge for Santro at 70k. No issues. Just the regular service. Also, if possible, recommend an honest (authorized) service center, service adviser. (or PM the same)
Old 6th July 2016, 14:50   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Now I have to get the 70k service done. Can someone tell me the average service charge for Santro at 70k. No issues. Just the regular service. Also, if possible, recommend an honest (authorized) service center, service adviser. (or PM the same)
If you own a car like a Santro which is mechanically simple, please ditch your A.S.S. as soon as your car is out of warranty.

This is true regardless of brand because in most cases, FNGs can handle them with no issues for a fraction of the price. Over 7k for a Santro service is absurd! Check out the Team BHP Directory for a good FNG in Bangalore, I am sure there are plenty.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 19:48   #504
BHPian

Thanks McLaren. Yah 7k is absurd. In fact it was worse in one of the previous visits which cost 9k ( engine decarb thing). Somehow I am not comfortable going to a non authorized service stations.
Does anybody know about the rough estimate for 70k service?. (authorized only)
Old 7th July 2016, 20:22   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Thanks McLaren. Yah 7k is absurd. In fact it was worse in one of the previous visits which cost 9k ( engine decarb thing). Somehow I am not comfortable going to a non authorized service stations.
Does anybody know about the rough estimate for 70k service?. (authorized only)
As far as I remember, 70k ain't special. It's the 20,40,60,80 & 100 that are. Except for 100k, the rest wouldn't even go beyond 5k, if at all.
You only need oil, oil filter, and air filter at 70k. Apart from general check up. ANYTHING apart from this is theft. If you advisor says something about warranty, ask him to show this in your booklet, or put it in writing.

Last edited by mayankk : 7th July 2016 at 20:23.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 15:20   #506
Senior - BHPian

My colleague's old i20 (4 year old, previous model) had its clutch conked off at around 50K kilometers last week. Authorized Service Center quoted 17K for replacement, and he did this in a local garage for 11K. Isn't even 11K too steep a price for a clutch replacement (Clutch plate + Pressure plate)?
Old 26th July 2016, 18:00   #507
BHPian

Except Maruti-Suzuki, for any other brand clutch replacement costs that much, i did it for my City a few months ago costed 17k in a good garage but not the company outlet
Old 26th July 2016, 18:24   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
My colleague's old i20 (4 year old, previous model) had its clutch conked off at around 50K kilometers last week. Authorized Service Center quoted 17K for replacement, and he did this in a local garage for 11K. Isn't even 11K too steep a price for a clutch replacement (Clutch plate + Pressure plate)?
My i20 is 4.5 years old with 53k kilometres on the odo. According to the SA at V3 Hyundai, Chennai, the clutch is on its way out. He is quoting me ₹20k for the replacement. So ₹17k quoted here seems to be okay. If I'm not wrong, Hyundai genuine clutch costs approximately ₹12k, so I'm quite surprised that he was able to get it replaced for ₹11k.

I'm not quite aware of any friendly neighborhood garages or mechanics in Chennai, so most likely I'll have to go to authorised service centre for the replacement.
Old 27th July 2016, 10:36   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
According to the SA at V3 Hyundai, Chennai, the clutch is on its way out. He is quoting me ₹20k for the replacement. So ₹17k quoted here seems to be okay. If I'm not wrong, Hyundai genuine clutch costs approximately ₹12k, so I'm quite surprised that he was able to get it replaced for ₹11k.
As per http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...harges-40.aspx, the labor charges for clutch overhaul for i20 at Chennai is only 2040 Rs. If part costs 12K, then total shouldn't exceed 15K, right? Is your SA planning to change clutch cylinder also?
Old 27th July 2016, 10:44   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssmano View Post
Except Maruti-Suzuki, for any other brand clutch replacement costs that much, i did it for my City a few months ago costed 17k in a good garage but not the company outlet
Changed Clutch of my FIAT Punto MJD at around 10.5K last month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks