Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 16:36   #76
BHPian

Re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
I agree with the comments on pricing. Why should this top end be picked over the Vista Aqua which costs just over 14K, extra.
The Vista offers a whole lot of features too, is better looking and a better car overall. Don't quite understand Tata's logic here.
Still worse, the eV2 CR4 LX is just Rs 6k below the Ritz LDi, which misses only the front power windows and music system, that can be added at marginal increase. Why would somebody then buy an Indica over a Ritz?

There goes my plans for an office runabout. I think I'm better off going for the Ritz. At least, the staff will enjoy the feel good factor.

Last edited by Yeldo : 11th March 2011 at 16:38.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:14   #77
BHPian

Re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

In Pune, there is a difference of 15k between the two models you have compared.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Still worse, the eV2 CR4 LX is just Rs 6k below the Ritz LDi, which misses only the front power windows and music system, that can be added at marginal increase. Why would somebody then buy an Indica over a Ritz?

There goes my plans for an office runabout. I think I'm better off going for the Ritz. At least, the staff will enjoy the feel good factor.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:22   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
In Pune, there is a difference of 15k between the two models you have compared.

Pradeep
The eV2 is dearer by 9k in Kochi compared to Pune. The Ritz carries almost the same price.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Current BS III indica diesel's ARAI mileage is 17.88 km/ltr. 46% increase means mileage of 26.10 Km/ltr..

See the mileage table in the following url..

http://www.siamonline.in/Fuel_Economy/4W-FE-Data.pdf
I fell from my seat when i read the ARAI mileage of HM Ambassador (CNG). Unlike other CNG cars where mileage is in KM/KG the Mileage for this is given in Km/Cubic-meter. Amazing!!!!

I have seriously started doubting the abilities of our ARAI folks now. or may be its simple mistake by SIAM.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:44   #80
BHPian

I feel all passenger cars from tata motors, will be slightly more expensive then what used to be they earlier pricing stratergy. Maybe to cover for the loss on every nano sold
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

• This car gets a thumbs down from me.
  • Perhaps, ts a step backward from the 2006-10 V2. The diesel motor is refined, spacious, comfy and efficient, OK, but steering and body control is poor and worst, the brakes are absolutely bad. There is also some kind of transmission whine and mechanical clatter at third gear.
  • The wheels lock up easily, the vehicle skids constantly and at corners, it can become a handful. There is like no feel of moderate to high speed stability and the tyres were constantly squealing in the short TD I had on the same car. Test drive one to believe it. If cab drivers drive their own way with gusto, then god save them.
  • And its simply overpriced for what it offers. Whats going wrong with tata? Why are their cars are becoming terribly expensive?
  • The Vista, in comparison to the E-V2, now feels 3 generations ahead from Tata standards.

Last edited by sidindica : 23rd March 2011 at 19:14.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
I fell from my seat when i read the ARAI mileage of HM Ambassador (CNG). Unlike other CNG cars where mileage is in KM/KG the Mileage for this is given in Km/Cubic-meter. Amazing!!!!

I have seriously started doubting the abilities of our ARAI folks now. or may be its simple mistake by SIAM.
Checked up the PDF file. Is SIAM a US-based association? Why do they use the term 'gasoline' when all of us here in India refer to the fuel as 'petrol'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
  • Perhaps, ts a step backward from the 2006-10 V2. The diesel motor is refined, spacious, comfy and efficient, OK, but steering and body control is poor and worst, the brakes are absolutely bad. There is also some kind of transmission whine and mechanical clatter at third gear.
  • The wheels lock up easily, the vehicle skids constantly and at corners, it can become a handful. There is like no feel of moderate to high speed stability and the tyres were constantly squealing in the short TD I had on the same car. Test drive one to believe it. If cab drivers drive their own way with gusto, then god save them.
Dear oh dear, Tata seems to have lived up to its notorious QC reputation. Expect the first batch of Indicas to be treated like laboratory rats, before Tata rectifies the flaws. By then, it would be time for a new edition of Indica and the process would start all over again. From what Sidindica has observed, it is a VFM car no doubt -- Very Flawed Machine!

Last edited by misquitas : 23rd March 2011 at 21:27.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Interesting observation, actually its more like PhotoShop error from the creative agency. unless..
Even the Zen came with this feature, if I remember correctly. It's a great thing to have, considering how notorious Indica electricals were known to be. It reinforces buyer confidence.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

when tata priced the aria above teh innova, I felt it was a risky decision, but given tata's attemps to move up the value curve, I guess it was one worth making.

But pricing a first gen indica above a figo? cockiness has its limits.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

and this is how limits are crossed at dadar.
Attached Thumbnails
BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3-dsc00153.jpg  

BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3-dsc00154.jpg  

Old 29th March 2011, 21:08   #86
BHPian

I was in the Tata showroom recently and check out the New Indica, just sat inside, din't get to drive, in my opinion the car is decent but the pricing is wrong, had it been 40-50k cheaper, it would have sold in very large numbers.

The car that impressed me most though was the Manza, very comfortable to sit in, even for people my size and frame.
Old 30th March 2011, 16:57   #87
BHPian

With all the reviews and comments on ev2, I would rather pay a little extra and go for Vista Terra or Aqua instead of eV2.
Old 10th May 2011, 16:14   #88
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Do you mean God save the rest of us on the roads?

On a completely different note, BSMotoring claims to have done a TD which has given them a mileage of 16 kmpl in city and around 18 in highways. That's not a great figure. This mileage of 25 is claimed to be ARAI certified in the ad. Fishy....

Last edited by VBV : 10th May 2011 at 16:16. Reason: correct info
Old 10th May 2011, 17:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Do you mean God save the rest of us on the roads?

On a completely different note, BSMotoring claims to have done a TD which has given them a mileage of 16 kmpl in city and around 18 in highways. That's not a great figure. This mileage of 25 is claimed to be ARAI certified in the ad. Fishy....
Its always under ideal conditions mate. All professional people ride the vehicle in normal manner or rather i will say in inspired manner with AC. So they will not get the mileage claimed by the company. Old Indica also used to give avg of 20-22+ on highways. I have seen personally also. Surely new one will better it. I have seen people getting average of 22 with Fiat multijet as well.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

Why cant we get official T-BHP review for this vehicle? I have also seen that we dont have official GTO style review for many cars like Santro, Dzire etc. I agree that these are old cars, but still in production and are doing extremely well. I guess we must have reviews of all the major cars available in India.

Mods, are you listening? Please ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks