Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 01:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Amongst Indian built cars, the Tata Nano has the highest ARAI rating of 23.62 kpl. The BSIII Indigo CS DICOR is a close 2nd with 23.57 kpl, but the BSIV variant does 23.03 kpl. Nissan manages 3rd place with it's Micra diesel's rating of 23.08 kpl. Of course, bring in CBUs and the Prius tops the list with 23.91 kpl.

Now, Tata claims that their upcoming Indica BSIV DICOR wil be India's most fuel efficient car, thus beating the Nano in the ARAI standings (and potentially, the Prius too!). Expect a miserly tuned fuel pump, thin tyres and a super-tall 5th gear ratio mated to the Indigo CS' DICOR engine. This is what Tata says:
If Maruti can manage 21.5kmpl from SX4 with the 1.3 multijet, i doubt Beat will take the crown from TATA soon, with their 3 cylinder version of the same engine.
Old 27th February 2011, 21:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3

Indica V2 Turbomax was already launched in Hyderabad, back in October 2010. I do not remember exact rates but it was about 20 K over and above the corresponding Indica model.

Sales personnel at the showroom did not show much interest in selling the car.

I wonder whether there are any improvements in suspension which was a big drawback of Indica.
Old 28th February 2011, 00:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Indica V2 Turbomax was already launched in Hyderabad, back in October 2010. I do not remember exact rates but it was about 20 K over and above the corresponding Indica model.

Sales personnel at the showroom did not show much interest in selling the car.

I wonder whether there are any improvements in suspension which was a big drawback of Indica.
Yeah I remember carwale listing the model for quite sometime now. I just checked again and it seems like a TDI model. This one I guess would be launched with a DICOR engine.
Old 28th February 2011, 01:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
Yeah I remember carwale listing the model for quite sometime now. I just checked again and it seems like a TDI model. This one I guess would be launched with a DICOR engine.
Nope, It wont be launched with the DICOR it will be launched with the CR4 which currently powers the Indigo CS, I guess you'll missed my post on the first page. It clears states about the changes that will be made to the vehicle.

That said, even GTO mentioned about it in his opening post, please go through it.
Old 28th February 2011, 01:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Nope, It wont be launched with the DICOR it will be launched with the CR4 which currently powers the Indigo CS, I guess you'll missed my post on the first page. It clears states about the changes that will be made to the vehicle.

That said, even GTO mentioned about it in his opening post, please go through it.
I'm a little confused here, isn't CR4 just a renamed and supposedly improved version of the old 1.4l DICOR?
Old 28th February 2011, 02:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
I'm a little confused here, isn't CR4 just a renamed and supposedly improved version of the old 1.4l DICOR?
Not exactly, but yeah that is one way to say it. Of what I understand the DICOR was improved, retuned and was given CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection) and re-badged as CR4. The point i was making was that one just cant call the CR4 the DICOR because it was re-badged.
Old 28th February 2011, 07:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Not exactly, but yeah that is one way to say it. Of what I understand the DICOR was improved, retuned and was given CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection) and re-badged as CR4. The point i was making was that one just cant call the CR4 the DICOR because it was re-badged.
Isn't DICOR (Direct Injected COmmon Rail) the same as CRDI. Dicor was not given CRDI as I understand because Dicor is TML's CRDI. So CR4 is Dicor-BS4.
Old 28th February 2011, 08:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Isn't DICOR (Direct Injected COmmon Rail) the same as CRDI. Dicor was not given CRDI as I understand because Dicor is TML's CRDI. So CR4 is Dicor-BS4.
Looks like I was wrong about the CRDI part, So i "guess" Tata has christened the new engine as CR4, and it is a tuned version of Tata DICOR engine.

Anyways,Thanks for the correction bud.
Old 28th February 2011, 10:13   #24
BHPian

As far as I know, V2 turbomax which was launched recently was a tdi model and now tata's propose to launch CR4 which is CRDI technology, an improvement over the earlier DICOR which had some problems like leaking gasket seals. This CR4 engine has already been introduced in Indigo E-cs last year.

Looks like Tata's want to increase market share/arrest falling sales of their Indica brand by introducing more fuel efficient variant price below Vista range.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:47   #25
BHPian

Saw a CR4 Indica used a Cab. The car looks exactly the same as the V2 Turbo Except for the CR4 badge. The badge itself was a cheap looking sticker....
Old 1st March 2011, 12:10   #26
BHPian

'CR4' looks like confusing. Unless there is no major change in technology(like vtec--> i-vtec or VVt--> i-VVT) it is better to avoid renaming. I think "4" indicate BSIV. So what is wrong in using Dicor with BSIV. People get a misconception that Dicor is an outdated engine.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:07   #27
BHPian

This looks promising in today's world of ever increasing fuel prices, if the numbers (46% raise in FE) are to be believed, then am game for my first TATA. Could one of you please let me know if this car has already been launched or the expected launch date and OTR prices in Bangalore ?

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 1st March 2011, 15:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

First official image of the V2 CR4.
Attached Thumbnails
BS-IV Tata Indica to topple Nano as the FE champion? EDIT : Brochure on Pg. 3-front-34th-shot-ev2.jpg  

Old 1st March 2011, 15:33   #29
BHPian

OMG, Can't believe that. So no more masculine wheel arch and back to the basics. But it looks good. Hope they hide the silencer barrel visible from the rear.

What are the interior changes?
Old 1st March 2011, 15:51   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually it always is a better bet if the wheel arc is made of metal rather than plastic that get muddy, in the monsoon besides being knocked of in minor accidents. the orginal arch even if smaller is better from the long term point of view and does not add unnecessary cost to the vehicle.

Sid you got it first as always.

Most Viewed