Team-BHP - Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) Study - 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) Study - 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/97252-total-customer-satisfaction-tcs-study-2010-a.html)

Top Ranking Models

Entry Compact - Maruti Alto
Premium Compact - Maruti Zen Estilo and Maruti A Star(Jointly)
Upper Premium Compact - Volkswagen Polo and Maruti Swift (Jointly)
Entry Midsize - Maruti Swift DZire
Midsize - Honda City and Ford Fiesta (Jointly)
Premium Midsize - Toyota Corolla Altis
Entry Luxury - Volkswagen Passat
SUV/ MPV - Toyota Innova and Mahindra Scorpio (Jointly)
Premium SUV - Honda CRV

Source

Customers :I Rule:

That's surprising... no Hyundai in there. I'd have guessed the i10 would've been in the list for sure.

^^ Look at the chart. The Hyundai's are in bottom positions.
Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) Study - 2010-2010_tcsmodelrankings.jpg

Courtesy:TNS Automotive
Source: TNS Automotive 2010 India Four-Wheeler Total Customer Satisfaction Study

ANHC - 1st
Civic - 3rd
Accord - 2nd
CR-V - 1st

Looks like all of them made the podium. LOL

BTW, where's the Jazz?

Shan2nu

Why is that the Tata Indica Vista is placed among the 'premium compact hatchbacks', while Maruti Ritz, Maruti Swift and Ford Figo are placed among the 'upper premium compact hatchbacks'? :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2260056)
^^ Look at the chart. The Hyundai's are in bottom positions.

Not surprising really, if you look at the recent Hyundai service related posts here. It is failing to beat TATAs also now, except for Santro!

Again, not surprisingly, Skoda is still scraping at the bottom, while VW seems to have done well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 2260105)
Why is that the Tata Indica Vista is placed among the 'premium compact hatchbacks', while Maruti Ritz, Maruti Swift and Ford Figo are placed among the 'upper premium compact hatchbacks'? :Shockked:

Seems that the categories are made based on the price points else it vista and figo should have been in the same category, actually even on pricing there is not much of a difference.

It seems odd to see that Indigo CS and Indigo Manza have been placed in the same category. And it is odder to see the CS (an older vehicle) coming in at a higher rating.

Tata needs to pull up its socks.

If one looks at the absolute value in percentiles, there is not much difference among all the brands (all are within 10-15% of each other). Wonder what the entire fuss is all about.

Good to see that the VW Polo has topped in the upper premium! The first time a German hatch has made it :)

good to see Chevy beat at no 2.:). The amount GM is trying to impress its customers, surprised it has come second!

Good to see such a study covering the total satisfaction of customers.

The total sample size is 9300 for 56 models, seem good enough. But the findings are a bit surprising, compared to earlier studies.

Interesting that the satisfaction at an overall category pretty much scales with the price, with a clean break between sedans and hatches.

In a typical research situation this qualifies as post-purchase rationalisation.

Also the scores are not absolute, but indexed so even visually small variations are considered significant. A score of 95 is good, a score of 90 just reasonable and 85 an below would be considered terrible. Above 100 is good, but the highest standards are only after 110 or so (which means 10% of customers rated the service far above the standard).

if this is a cumlative report for 2010 then the Jan 2011 speaks otherwise. seems Skoda, after all the negative feeback, is selling decent numbers.
Hyundai seems to be selling more i-10s than any other vehicle in its line up.
Amonst the premium hatchbacks, Swift selling highest and Hyundai doing half the number with i-20 .
Maruti, ofcourse remains the leader.
Honda is doing pretty well with the Jazz, city
VW is doing a respetable 3000+

however, Hyundai's sales figure speak or itself. The poor after sales service is not the complaint of one or two isloated customers, the Hyundai A.S.S are failing miserably all over the country. Hyundai better buckle up and bring its dealerships to tasks. I had read this somewhere and Hyundai should think over it if it wants to pick : Results count, but people matter.

Customers are a company's biggest asset, you lose one customer, he takes ten along and that number keeps multiplying.

Ford has shown a respectable improvement from the earlier Fix Or Repair Daily image to the No1 position and also GM. My friend was telling that now days he is not getting appointment time for servicing his spark. They are selling well and their service station is now getting overcrowded.