Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 19:21   #16
BANNED

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Thats not just bad news thats the worst news one could get,
Read the post exactly above yours. Its the 70K benefit plus the 20-30K discount.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hey everybody, I have some good news and some bad news:

Good news : Fiesta Classic is a reality as you already know, Not a lot of stripping would be done, It will be pretty much the same car with the same stuff that we see on the roads.

Bad news: Prices of Fiesta Classic would drop my much. You can expect a drop of about 20-30K and that's about it.
Thats good news indeed. Why should Ford under-value an excellent car. Even with the small discounts mentioned, it is still a good VFM car.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

It was me who spotted this car and posted it in my blog - ANYTHING ON WHEELS.

Actually, this particular car was the Duratec Petrol version with the same 1.6L engine. Also, the 1.4 TDCi variant is expected to continue in the Fiesta Classic too. As I have already mentioned in the other Fiesta thread, there was not too much cost cutting evident in this model. Even the interiors looked the same except for deletion of some features.

So, on the whole, this will be more than a match for the Ikon which has been discontinued. The only concern is the demise of the brilliant Fiesta 1.6 S version.
Old 1st March 2011, 20:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

What about buying a Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol(if its available) and then sourcing all the bits of the body kit and make your own S version!
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2011, 20:21   #20
BHPian

I dont really understand this concept of pushing Fiesta in entry level sedan.

- First you launch a C Segment car in competition with City.
- Then, launch a sports version.
- And in all these days you already have a stripped down model i.e. Exi variant.
- And now you come up with an idea of "Fiesta Classic" which is even stripped down and targeted to replace Ikon ?

What kind of product management is that ? I doubt if this will happen.
Old 1st March 2011, 20:46   #21
BHPian

Is Ford planning to get the European spec Fiesta, yet retain the current Fiesta; the way Hyundai retained Accent and brought the latest Accent named as Verna?

Cheers,
Old 1st March 2011, 20:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Read the post exactly above yours. Its the 70K benefit plus the 20-30K discount.
Hey Mustang, please dont take my post personally. Its nothing about what you said.

I did read the post before I replied, what I meant was when the 70K discount did nothing as Fiesta is still in the region of 1.3K, dont think reducing 20K further would by anyway help the figures.

Especially, when you have the new Fiesta available, dont think anyone will have any reason to take it at all at that price. If that is the plan the sales will only be around 500 p.m. That being the case, dont think it would make sense to retain the product at all. Its better shelved than retained for 500 odd sales per month.
Old 1st March 2011, 21:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That being the case, dont think it would make sense to retain the product at all. Its better shelved than retained for 500 odd sales per month.
Ford is a company which sold decent numbers of the IKON, even after 10 years of it launch, with no major changes, except cosmetic.

So expect the Fiesta Classic to be around for atleast 3 years from now.

Last edited by dhanushs : 1st March 2011 at 21:16.
Old 1st March 2011, 21:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
What about buying a Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol(if its available) and then sourcing all the bits of the body kit and make your own S version!
That would be a great idea, but even then there are two must-have things that would be missing - the stunning 'Aquarius Blue' shade and the suspension tuning done by Ford that made the current Fiesta 1.6S such a fun car to drive.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That would be a great idea, but even then there are two must-have things that would be missing - the stunning 'Aquarius Blue' shade and the suspension tuning done by Ford that made the current Fiesta 1.6S such a fun car to drive.
Yes those are 2 trade offs sadly,but then the S looked brilliant in white too( or even re paint it as yellow or red).Also it can be used a good base car for further modifications like stiffened suspension.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:28   #26
BHPian

True.
The used fiesta market will face a real hard hit.
And I am very much skeptical about ford retaining the powerhouse.I Really don't want to see the fiesta to follow ikon.

And the pricing has to be right.If its close to the new fiesta, we will see fiesta dying a slow death.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Mustang, please dont take my post personally. Its nothing about what you said.

I did read the post before I replied, what I meant was when the 70K discount did nothing as Fiesta is still in the region of 1.3K, dont think reducing 20K further would by anyway help the figures.

Especially, when you have the new Fiesta available, dont think anyone will have any reason to take it at all at that price. If that is the plan the sales will only be around 500 p.m. That being the case, dont think it would make sense to retain the product at all. Its better shelved than retained for 500 odd sales per month.
Hold your reins Xing.. we still don't have the new Fiesta pricing, it could 10+ for a base version. that could put things in perspective for the classic.

My 2 cents
Old 1st March 2011, 22:41   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I dont really understand this concept of pushing Fiesta in entry level sedan.

- First you launch a C Segment car in competition with City.
- Then, launch a sports version.
- And in all these days you already have a stripped down model i.e. Exi variant.
- And now you come up with an idea of "Fiesta Classic" which is even stripped down and targeted to replace Ikon ?

What kind of product management is that ? I doubt if this will happen.
When the car was launched many parts were imported there by increasing the base cost of the vehicle . Over a period of time due to localization of the parts the costing has come down and i am glad that ford actually tries to pass on the benefits to the customers . The 1.4 tdci was imported earlier and after localization it is now manufactured here in India .
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:22   #29
BHPian

why not go the cs way and launch a sub 4 metre car? the diesel mill will be fine as it is but 1.2l petrol is too underpowered.
Old 2nd March 2011, 05:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
When the car was launched many parts were imported there by increasing the base cost of the vehicle . Over a period of time due to localization of the parts the costing has come down and i am glad that ford actually tries to pass on the benefits to the customers . The 1.4 tdci was imported earlier and after localization it is now manufactured here in India .
Even in that case they would reposition their most popular product. Not very wise. The buyers of Fiesta would not feel very great about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
why not go the cs way and launch a sub 4 metre car? the diesel mill will be fine as it is but 1.2l petrol is too underpowered.
Problem in that idea is the Figo itself. It does everything what you would expect from a CS Version, except for a large boot (but still 280Ltrs). Rest all would be the same.

Most Viewed