Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I dont really understand this concept of pushing Fiesta in entry level sedan.

What kind of product management is that ? I doubt if this will happen.
If you look at the Ikon's lifecycle, you would find similarities. For a person like me who was looking at an entry-level sedan, the Ikon Flair which was a stripped down Ikon did make sense. In the same way, the Fiesta Classic too would make sense for its target audience.

P.S. : I already have colleagues who are waiting for the stripped down version of the Fiesta to buy one. To them, it makes perfect sense. As for resale values of the existing Fiesta, that's a downer.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:31   #32
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you look at the Ikon's lifecycle, you would find similarities. For a person like me who was looking at an entry-level sedan, the Ikon Flair which was a stripped down Ikon did make sense. In the same way, the Fiesta Classic too would make sense for its target audience.
Same held true for us when we bought the Ikon in 2007. There were already several modern hatchback options at the same price range during that time. However, Ikon was an excellent option since we were getting an once-C segment sedan with most bells and whistles at a lower price.

I don't think Ford expects the Fiesta Classic to be Swift/i20 beater. What it might enable Ford is to have a mid-segment option, continue to sell in reasonable numbers and draw customers to the showroom.

For enthusiasts, I guess it is a terrific value. Imagine a fantastic 1.6 L and a frugal and proven 1.4 L diesel less than 6L.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:47   #33
Team-BHP Support

It would bridge the gap between the new Fiesta (B:299) and the Figo.

Which means the pricing position between 6-8L won't remain vacant from Ford.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:23   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Even in that case they would reposition their most popular product. Not very wise. The buyers of Fiesta would not feel very great about it.
Well, the trim levels are different . Ford is not giving away their top end model for a lower price . They are rebranding the car and giving it a classic name . They are cutting a few bells and whistles to lower the price of the car .

Problem in that idea is the Figo itself. It does everything what you would expect from a CS Version, except for a large boot (but still 280Ltrs). Rest all would be the same

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd March 2011 at 10:39.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:44   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta even today does not have great resale values.

The Classic may end up being quite close to Exi in terms of spec for about 30K + current standard benifits extra.

Even today we can get the fog lights with the original primary light switch with fog lights for Rs. 4K, chrome trims are also available today as a seperate extra. The Exi to start of does not have too many features.

To equate a Fiests to a Figo is not exactly correct even in a short wheel base / hatch form, the fiesta has a bigger and wider body shell. I don't believe we will ever see a CS form of Fiesta, as the numbers would never justify the effort for the fiesta.

As regards advise to people to lap up the S and Sxi models in a hurry, i would differ. the new fiesta top model would most likely be within 1L of the S & Sxi models and it would make more sence now to wait and shell out the bucks for the newer model, besides higher models deperciate even faster in the resale market, so unless one get a superb 1.5L discount on the S or Sxi would suggest people wait and pick up the new fiesta when launched, or go in for the classic or Exi variants for now (with discounts ofcourse).
Old 4th March 2011, 08:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
It was me who spotted this car and posted it in my blog - ANYTHING ON WHEELS.
Congrats on spotting this, it needed a sharp eye to notice the difference from the regular Fiestas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
...The only concern is the demise of the brilliant Fiesta 1.6 S version.

This was the reason why, after confirming that the 2011 Fiesta would be launched as planned in 2011, I went ahead and bought my Fiesta 1.6S in July 2010. I didn't want to miss out on this great car.

But, I wonder, will Ford do us a favour and produce a Sport version of the new Fiesta? How nice that would be!

I am not a marketing guru and don't know if Ford's decision to continue with the current model is right or wrong. But, IMHO, Ford does need to plug the gap between the Figo and 2011 Fiesta in the absence of the Ikon. Even as good as the Figo is, it's a hatch, and there are people who prefer 3 box sedans for family use. A well-proven, slightly downgraded and cheaper Fiesta with the 1.6 Duratec/1.4 Duratorq would fit the bill.

The later Ikons with the 1.4 TDCi, (post Fiesta), were good VFM, and had some sales both as taxis and personal vehicles. Perhaps the slightly downgraded and cheaper Fiesta would also be perceived as such. Time will tell
EDIT: I see that Ben, DOT and Sheel have said the same too. So maybe Ford is right..

Last edited by Damu : 4th March 2011 at 09:08. Reason: added a line
Old 4th March 2011, 09:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Congrats on spotting this, it needed a sharp eye to notice the difference from the regular Fiestas!

This was the reason why, after confirming that the 2011 Fiesta would be launched as planned in 2011, I went ahead and bought my Fiesta 1.6S in July 2010. I didn't want to miss out on this great car.

But, I wonder, will Ford do us a favour and produce a Sport version of the new Fiesta? How nice that would be!
Thanks for your words.

My friend did the same thing as you. He went and bought the Fiesta 1.6S in Aquarius Blue once he came to know that the new Fiesta is coming in 2011.

I am sure, if not in 2011, Ford will surely launch the 'S' version of its new Fiesta at a later stage. In fact, the version that Autocar India tested in its current edition is the 'S' version. Lets keep our hopes alive.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:32   #38
BANNED

Quote:
I think it was a 100% correct decision on your part, I was the first person on team-bhp to confirm about the new fiesta launch and still i also bought my fiesta in May '10. But i got the Zxi as through the army canteen and the just 4 days before registration costs in Delhi almost doubled, i got the car and made a saving of about more than 1.2 Lacs.

Overall my fiesta zxi with sporty pedals and Sxi alloys costed me 6.25 Lacs on road.

I could never even think about getting a deal as chunky as this one on the new fiesta so i went ahead and got the old one.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:23   #39
BHPian

There is an advt. in todays newspapers of ford fiesta.Deal is savings of 78k and 22" sony LCD.Can the classic be lesser than this,I am looking for a diesel workhorse lowest varient.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
There is an advt. in todays newspapers of ford fiesta.Deal is savings of 78k and 22" sony LCD.Can the classic be lesser than this,I am looking for a diesel workhorse lowest varient.
Almost a laks of benefit. SO may be in future the new Classic price can be reduce to 1+ lacs. Good to see the price war.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I believe this was the same deal (78K and/ or LCD TV) which was offered in January to clear old stock of Fiesta EXI.

I was told the old stock was all clear in January itself.

Is this a new advt? Can you point me to the source?
Old 8th March 2011, 14:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I believe this was the same deal (78K and/ or LCD TV) which was offered in January to clear old stock of Fiesta EXI.

I was told the old stock was all clear in January itself.

Is this a new advt? Can you point me to the source?
Yes its the same offer which was advt. in the month of december.It appeared in today's TOI nagpur edition.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I think it was a 100% correct decision on your part...
Thanks Mustang, that makes me feel good; the S did set me back a cool 8.5L, so it's good to be reassured that it wasn't a bad decision!

Quote:
I was the first person on team-bhp to confirm about the new fiesta launch..
Yup, just been wading through that great thread! Have replied you there just now.
Quote:
and still i also bought my fiesta in May '10. But i got the Zxi...
Overall my fiesta zxi with sporty pedals and Sxi alloys costed me 6.25 Lacs on road.
I could never even think about getting a deal as chunky as this one on the new fiesta so i went ahead and got the old one.
Mustang, didn't you want the S?
Old 10th March 2011, 13:23   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Mustang, didn't you want the S?
I did want the S but i got a sweet deal.

For 6.6 Lacs on road i got

1. Zxi '10 model
2. Sxi alloys
3. free extended warranty
4. sporty pedals
5. 10K exchange bonus
6. free insurance.

Btw i wanted the Blue in the S variant but sadly it was discontinued before i bought the car. so that was also disheartening for me
Old 11th March 2011, 12:05   #45
BHPian

Yesterday.

Called one of the FORD showromms in Pune to know their knowledge on classic. Initially sales guy replied that classic is coming in APR!!! I asked for confirmation, so he went to sales lead. Last official reply was "We do not know anything about CLASSIC" After that I had

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks