Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 08:44   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: February 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon
Dont think the Diesel cars are the reason for the pick in figures here. Actual Diesel will only reflect in the next month sales. But one thing is having a diesel does add some weightage to the brand which might actually increase even the petrol sales.
What else do you think explains the sudden spurt to 3.5K units from the usual sub-2K figures that the SX4 has been posting for ages ? BTW, please note that the monthly sales figures indicate despatch to dealers, not sales to end customer. Feb sales would have had quite some dealer dispatches anticipating SX4-D demand.
Old 5th March 2011, 10:30   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What else do you think explains the sudden spurt to 3.5K units from the usual sub-2K figures that the SX4 has been posting for ages ? BTW, please note that the monthly sales figures indicate despatch to dealers, not sales to end customer. Feb sales would have had quite some dealer dispatches anticipating SX4-D demand.
Considering SX4 diesel was available at dealership in the month of february itself for test driving, it will mean even if there is one car per dealer ship, at least 1200-1500 cars out of the total sales is diesel.
Old 5th March 2011, 11:55   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Couldn't stop myself here!!! Come here in NCR and you will see hoardes of Wagon R. Wagon R has a huge fan base in North India.
I completely relate with your statement as I have experienced first hand with my Mausaji (64 years old) who lives in Noida.

He is currently on his 3rd Wagon R. The previous two were sold with less than 6000kms on each and current one little over a 1 year old and maybe <2000kms on odo.

He keeps changing frequently ( once in 2-3 years even if hardly any usuage) and goes for the same car.

Folks who are buying his car are damn lucky!
Old 5th March 2011, 12:03   #154
BHPian

Being a Fiat owner : I must say I am actually happy to see sales at this level. For the simple reason that the Tata service backup is just not enough to support high volumes. Even with the current sales level of Fiat I see owners struggling to get service appointments on their preferred date.

I am seriously puzzled by the i10 bashing (if I can call it so). As voiced by many : the A/T is a FANTASTIC car and a charm to drive in the city. (Wish they had a diesel auto tranny )
Old 5th March 2011, 12:23   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I completely relate with your statement as I have experienced first hand with my Mausaji (64 years old) who lives in Noida.

He is currently on his 3rd Wagon R. The previous two were sold with less than 6000kms on each and current one little over a 1 year old and maybe <2000kms on odo.

He keeps changing frequently ( once in 2-3 years even if hardly any usuage) and goes for the same car.

Folks who are buying his car are damn lucky!
Man, maybe I should take a trip to Noida when your Mausaji's Wagon R is up for sale. His decision to sell cars with 2-3 years and that too under 6000 kms would make our eminent GTO pull out all his hair in frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I am seriously puzzled by the i10 bashing (if I can call it so). As voiced by many : the A/T is a FANTASTIC car and a charm to drive in the city. (Wish they had a diesel auto tranny )
Since the I10-bashing posts on this thread have been expunged by the moderators, there is no point in deliberating on a non-issue any longer.

I would, however, have welcomed a diesel engine on the I10. If the petrol-only I10 can generate 15000+ sales, a diesel option would have easily taken the sales of the premium entry level hatch past the 20,000 mark. Imagine an I10 Magna/Sportz with superior quality frills/fitment that 'sportz' a diesel engine! That combination could have creamed the Ritz LDI/VDI and may have even dented the sales of the mighty Swift. Given that the I10 already has two petrol engines and models spread across the Rs 3.5-6 lakh category, a diesel option on the I10 would have completed the spectrum.

Last edited by misquitas : 5th March 2011 at 12:26.
Old 5th March 2011, 12:31   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Incidentally, what surprises me is the sales of the M800 and the Omni. With cheaper (Nano) and better (Alto) options around, why would people still want to buy the M800? Second, with a better and newer option in the form of Eeco, why would people still buy the Omni? I think the Eeco is an excellent vehicle for its intended customer base. If Maruti had fitted it (no, I am NOT going to use the word 'plonk', as there seems to be an obsession to plonk 'plonk' in many posts of this forum) with a diesel option, the sales would have hit the roof.
The reason maybe the waiting period , I am told that the waiting period for Eeco is more than 6 months . I never ventured to try it out but if thats true then the nearest comparable vehicle is the Omni . For a small business guy or a cab driver where the vehicle would be used for commercial purposes a 6 months wait for a vehicle would be infeasible.
Regarding the M800 , one has to bear it mind that its sales figures are clocked up only in non metro Cat B cities and below ( as they cannot sell in Cat A cities due to emission norms). in these places the price points do play a crucial role
Old 5th March 2011, 17:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The reason maybe the waiting period , I am told that the waiting period for Eeco is more than 6 months . I never ventured to try it out but if thats true then the nearest comparable vehicle is the Omni . For a small business guy or a cab driver where the vehicle would be used for commercial purposes a 6 months wait for a vehicle would be infeasible.
I'm not sure if there is a waiting period here in Goa. I see rows of Eeco's stacked up near the Maruti's Sai Service stockyard at Alto-Porvorim and many of them have been lying for quite some time. In fact, I have even seen a few Eeco's already lined up for resale, even though it is barely into a year of its production. Given this situation, I feel that the Eeco is a superior alternative to the Omni.
Old 7th March 2011, 10:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

I am quite interested in knowing the sales of Venture for March. I had been to a dealer yesterday and they confirmed that they have sold about 70 Ventures in Feb. Waiting period = 1 month already.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:06   #159
BHPian

Bolero : 7161

Where do they go???
Old 7th March 2011, 17:56   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhpreet View Post

Where do they go???
Mahindra Bolero is widely used as Government vehicle especially here in Delhi/Haryana, most government officers are allotted bolero (My dad too is a central govt. officer). So Government agencies purchase bulk of vehicles for this purpose.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:27   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhpreet View Post

Where do they go???
just go up north, himachal
east: Sikkim
west: gujarat interiors.

every place where the roads are not good and there are mountains in short.

cheers,
ac
Old 7th March 2011, 21:29   #162
BHPian

German luxury car maker Audi on Monday reported 78.57 per cent increase in its sales in India during the month of February at 450 units. During the same month last, the figure stood at 252 units.

Commenting on the company's sales performance, Audi India Head Michael Perschke said the firm had a good performance in 2010 establishing it as "the fastest growing luxury car brand in India".

"This successful run continues this year too. 2011 is a critical year for Audi in India and we will see the announcement of several initiatives on the product and network front," he added.

Audi had recently expanded its product line with the launch of flagship, the Audi A8 L and the super sports car, the Audi R8 V10, which are now available in showrooms across India.

"We also added a new diesel variant to the Audi Q5, which will both expand our engine portfolio and sustain our leadership position in the SUV segment," Perschke said.

The company plans to launch the all new Audi A6 and the Audi A7 in India this year. It has strengthened dealer network with the opening of the Chennai and Delhi showrooms this year.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:56   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well may be not in this exact case, but sometimes that does play a point in the mindset of people.
For example, once people had assumed the Ikon was too old and was going to stop production by the Ford, and suddenly when the Ford announced launching the Ford Ikon diesel, peopel thought looks like Ford is going to retain this model for at least 3 more years. Then not only did the Ikon sell Diesel, even the Petrol vehicles' sales had picked up more.
Likewise, there would have been many aam admi who would have thought SX4 is too old and negligible sales to be ready to the stopped, just like what happened to Baleno.
But when you see a diesel, you know Maruti is pretty serious model, then even the petrol figures do pick up. See its sometimes a mental thing.

Let me repeat my words, I am not saying its the same in this case, but sometimes introduction of Diesel even picks the petrol figures up.

Last edited by xingamazon : 7th March 2011 at 21:58.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:12   #164
Senior - BHPian

^^^
OK, I did not think from that angle.

BTW, even before the diesel came in, the SX4 was the 2nd highest selling sedan in its segment, beating even those that had a diesel variant (Verna/Fiesta). Not something that you can term as "negligible sales". :-)

Will we see SX4 leading the segment (by beating ANHC for the 1st time) when the March sales figures come in ? Feb figures seem to indicate this to be quite possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas
If the petrol-only I10 can generate 15000+ sales, a diesel option would have easily taken the sales of the premium entry level hatch past the 20,000 mark. the I10 already has two petrol engines and models spread across the Rs 3.5-6 lakh category
I have no idea about i10 prices vis-a-vis equivalent petrol Swift/Ritz. But from what I read on the forum and the price range you mention, I seem to get the idea that they are already priced high. If so, would they be able to price the diesel-i10 competitively against the Swift/Ritz (especially against the LDi/VDis which sell the most) ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th March 2011 at 14:56.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:56   #165
BHPian

Quote:
^^^
OK, I did not think from that angle.

BTW, even before the diesel came in, the SX4 was the 2nd highest selling sedan in its segment, beating even those that had a diesel variant (Verna/Fiesta). Not something that you can term as "negligible sales". :-)

Will we see SX4 leading the segment (by beating ANHC for the 1st time) when the March sales figures come in ? Feb figures seem to indicate this to be quite possible.
I have a very basic question here Sir. Sorry for being naive on this
Are the figures reported per month the dispatches from manufacturer to dealers?
Do manufacturers send exactly the same number dealers asks for? I know it directly translates to booking of the vehicles.

So from these figures reported every month the best we can get is the stock at dealer's yard.
There could be cancellations after manufacturer has dispatched them, right?
Is there no way car maker can know about the number of cars that have been registered/handed over keys to end customer?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks