Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 22:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: February 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

City - 36xx
Vento - 35xx
SX4 - 35xx
We're going to see big competition in the coming months! The sedan segment is hotting up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
I for the life me can't understand why i10 sells so much.
Because , it ticks all the requirements of a buyer who wants hassle free ownership experience ! And 15000 odd people every month can't go wrong !

Last edited by fz_rider : 1st March 2011 at 22:20.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Tata Aria 173. That is quite sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Skoda is selling more numbers than the Tata...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yeti looks pretty good with these numbers, and just opposite for Aria numbers. I was expecting the numbers to be in 1000s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Other than ARIA TML seems to have had a good month. Is ARIA nos. low because the initial bookings are over? I used to think that ARIA would not be able to justify the investment if "the platform" sold less than 1000 per month. But seeing the ARIA numbers falling I hope TML start bringing other vehicles / variants in the same platform - 2WD ARIA anyone?
I think That the Tata's a having some kind of production constraint for the Aria, The dealers reported increase in sales over the previous months. I guess the next month of sales will post a clearer picture.

That said, Many of the News papers too carried news of the demand for the Aria increasing.

Last edited by Zappex : 1st March 2011 at 22:32.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Accent sales are surely due to the taxi segment going for it. I see many brand new accents with a newly launched cab company in Mumbai. VW seems to be doing well atleast so far as long as it is a new product and a desirable german product which ranks very high in the Indian mindset. The real test would be when the bew Ventos and Polos have gone into service and the true cost of ownership associated with VW becomes clear. Honda should get a new diesel soon or no matter what its sales will suffer if the current gap between diesel and petrol keeps increasing and then no amount of Vtecs will work. Nano as I had predected is back with a bang. I feel I20 figures will go even lower as the car has been just too lucky to be selling so well for so long. Altis diesel finally helping corolla to beat the Cruz. Fiat as usual disappoints.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:36   #49
BHPian

I am amazed with the sales Fabia has been making since the past 2-3 months. The price cut and change in looks seems to have worked in its favour.
Fiat, please take note. If Skoda can do it, so can you.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Micra sales increasing! Wow!! Is it the diesel motor doing wonders?
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Vento blowing faster day by day
Blowing the City away.
I like it! I like it!

If you see the totals, Honda sold 4843 units in total whereas Volkswagen sold 7077 units. Something VW India can be proud about. If they can have a better dealership network, I'm sure more and more people will switch to VW from Honda.
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:32   #52
BHPian

SX4 at 3500 odd is mind-blowing. What is that all about? I can bet this includes pre-sales of the diesel variant. Never in its' history has SX4 touched 3.5K and to do so on the brink of its' diesel launch is being too simplistic.

Vento has done well - perhaps too well given their delays.

Honda City - Blip at best. Sanity should be restored from March/April onwards.

Linea - Fiat employees should probably start filling up their NREGA forms soon.
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Linea - Fiat employees should probably start filling up their NREGA forms soon.
What an idea Sirji, ! Seriously though, why is it that Fiat and Chevy simply cannot boost their sales? Look at their Feb figures, Spark (2998), Beat (3183) and Punto (1082). Even with their 9 free services, 0-maintenance plans and other attractive freebies, the Beat simply loses its 'spark', while the Spark loses its 'beat' to the competition (Swift, I10, etc). Even the newer entrants and competitors like Figo (7,883) and Polo (3,303) have already overtaken sales of the Beat, Spark and Punto. Besides, even the latest competitor, Micra (2030), is poised to overtake the Beat and Spark.

If Ford can generate huge sales for the Figo, why is it that GM cannot replicate similar sales? Or Fiat for that matter.

I would certainly be interested to know just how many Maruti/Tata/Fiat cars were sold with Fiat's legendary 1.3 diesel engine. Maybe, Fiat could derive some solace and boast that its engines are hugely popular and that, people do in fact buy engines irrespective of the body that covers it.

Last edited by misquitas : 2nd March 2011 at 02:00.
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I would certainly be interested to know just how many Maruti/Tata/Fiat cars were sold with Fiat's legendary 1.3 diesel engine. Maybe, Fiat could derive some solace and boast that its engines are hugely popular and that, people do in fact buy engines irrespective of the body that covers it.
IMO the biggest problem for FIAT cars is that they are not able to differentiate much from their respective TML siblings for the price difference despite the looks.

Re-defined interiors for Punto and Linea would help a lot.
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:54   #55
BHPian

Are city's sales down because of the recall or the competition?

With Vento, Etios in full production for a couple of months and SX4 diesel, there are more viable options in that category than a couple of months ago.
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
ANHC sales have taken a definite hit due to the 58000 recall. Honda should better do something fast to arrest this erosion in confidence in customers.

Looks like SX4 has gained big at the expense of ANHC and only the Petrol version was sold last month.

Once Diesel SX4 starts selling this month, ANHC numbers will be interesting to watch out for !!
No SX4 sales includes Diesel. The sales reported by GTO is the primary sale (Company to dealers). So Diesels were despatched to dealers in Feb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post

If SX4 sales are of just petrol, then Honda recall must be the reason.
Should be the same for Vento too. Strangely Verna couldn't capitalize this opportunity. I thought Verna and Hyundai was always considered 1 notch above SX4 and Maruti.

Nice to see my favourite Fortuner ruling the segment

Best Regards,
Again SX4 includes diesel. However the lower sales of city could be because of the recall.
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

I am still trying to figure out if the sale figures for Kizashi (i.e. only 25) should be termed as a success or a failure.

I am not able to find any owenership reports or any person willing to buy Kizashi in this site. So can I assume its not a success?
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

These numbers are for Dealer dispatches. Actual sales would start trickling in after 2 - 3 months. Till that time, we will see numbers that are related to dealers building inventories.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:36   #59
BHPian

The difference between Tata's and Hyundai's total figures is increased unlike in Jan(99 only). It stood at 720 this month.

Total Tata's - 31909.
Total Hyundai's - 32629.

The same no.of products (7 segments each) in this passenger car bussiness. Still the difference is less than 1000 cars. Nano's increased nos were compensated by the tremedous increase in i10's figures.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:00   #60
BHPian

In the SUV segment- Scorpio sold more than twice the number of Safaris. As for the Gypsy- does this figure include supply to the army, police etc.?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed