Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 07:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Pixel : A new City Car concept based on the Tata Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
As i mentioned in my post, there was a small hic-up during their demo of the car on the show floor. The doors began to open, but then stopped after moving just a few inches.

Two technicians (shown in the picture) came and opened the rear drawer - where all the circuitry was housed and tried to resolve the fault.

Unfortunate about the incident, however, i was impressed at how neatly the electronics of the show car were stowed away in that rear drawer.

Well, the Nano (which this is based on) is hardly cramped at the front seats!! Even making it a two seater will barely make any more room for the front passengers. Also, a 4-seater has a certain mental comfort level in terms of expansion (of family, etc).

My guess is that they are not counter-balanced at all - and hence the failure during the demo of door opening (battery low on juice etc?).

For the concept - tablet activated (as seen in the video). Though realistically there is probably someone in the audience with a RF, wifi or bluetooth trigger for the doors as the models pretend to open it with the tablet.
This looks really cute and happening. Could pave the way for replacing the scooters one day.
Old 11th March 2011, 13:11   #77
BHPian

I am really moved by this effort by Tata. Only if they could get the fit and finish right, it could be a game changer for them.

Let us hope the initial enthusiasm amidst viewers won't turn towards cribbing about fit and finish and NVH, as it regularly happens.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:37   #78
BHPian

Well it is a concept, was there any announcement made by Tata on whether or not this is going to make it to production?
Old 11th March 2011, 21:36   #79
BHPian

Lovely concept and feels even better when you know that it has come from the Indian stable. Any idea which design house did Tata use? For the Indica, if I remember right, they had used IDEA from Italy.

The turning radius is awesome. I hope we get to see this in our cars very soon!!
Old 12th March 2011, 18:21   #80
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking, Totally awesome, Mind Blowing, ok ran out of them.
Really look forward to this one. Tata sure know how to keep taking the game one step further ahead. Way to GO!
Old 12th March 2011, 19:44   #81
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Please refrain from posting one-liners on the thread which add little or no value to the topic being discussed.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th March 2011 at 18:41. Reason: See Moderator note in post.
agent4ferrari is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th March 2011, 00:33   #82
BHPian

Makes me feel proud just behind the photos you see suzuki but all the people are more interested in Pixel An Indian carmarker. wow. an awesome awesome achievement, i feel. kudos to tata first nano a car many thought was impossible, and now the pixel.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Post edited. Please take time to use proper punctuation in your posts, and avoid....typing....like....this.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th March 2011 at 18:43.
Old 13th March 2011, 20:39   #83

Wow! This is probably the most ultra-modern model showcased by any Indian carmaker in an auto show. Anyone has any idea about the design house use by Tata for this beauty?
Old 14th March 2011, 04:31   #84
BHPian

This looks great. Of course, I'm expecting some of the features to be toned down for practicality, but the core ideas, like the single large door, smart device connectivity and most importantly, the zero turn drive, will remain. The zero turn drive in particular is a brilliant concept, amazing in its simplicity and yet so fascinating. Makes you think, why hasn't anyone thought of this before? Being based on the RWD Nano platform is why it is even possible.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:46   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's plans for Euro market: Pixel to enter production

Tata
My second post Taken from the Autocar.uk site
Tata is going to launch the Pixel in production form but without the gullwing doors, which will be replaced by conventional doors.
It will replace the proposed Nano Europa and a 4 door Pixel is also in the pipeline.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata's plans for Euro market: Pixel to enter production

I hope they also think of launching it here.

The article says "The Pixel is powered by Tata’s own ultra-compact 1.2-litre, three-cylinder diesel engine, producing around 60bhp".

Is the engine developed by Tata? If it is then we might see it in upcoming Tata's small car and might replace existing 1.4ltr diesel?

Last edited by HammerHead : 14th March 2011 at 11:59.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for this news. Seriously, a car as good as the Pixel should never be shelved in the concept stage itself. Tata's strategy to replace the upwards opening door and to introduce the 2 door and 4 door variants are spot-on. So, we can, in all probability, expect the 4 door Pixel to be finally launched in India too. Great going, Tata! You make us all proud.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:09   #88
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2011 at 14:35.
Antonian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th March 2011, 21:39   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

If the nano was cute, the pixel is the cutest! Excellent job TATA. Just forget the 'if's and 'but's and congratulate TATA!
Old 15th March 2011, 11:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Tata
My second post Taken from the Autocar.uk site
Tata is going to launch the Pixel in production form but without the gullwing doors, which will be replaced by conventional doors.
It will replace the proposed Nano Europa and a 4 door Pixel is also in the pipeline.
This was expected, based on the pixel website, but great news nonetheless.

Particularly interested in the diesel engine specs. If it is expected to be used in the Pixel in Europe then it would have to be pretty refined, right? Hoping the same engine makes its way into the Nano!

More than the gizmos, it is the turning radius that is the most impressive bit, IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks