Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudhir View Post
My only concern is in the long run will it affect the starter motor since we are cranking the engine so many times. Of course, in the manual, for the same question that have answered that the starter motor has been specially designed to withstand the increased number of starts. But only time will tell.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Exactly, only time will tell.
but the entire tech is by bosch which is quite a reputed firm, so you can be a bit relaxed on this.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudhir View Post
well, if the weather is too hot, then I switch off the hybrid system. But in moderate weather, even if the engine is off, the blower works. So that's fine. My only concern is in the long run will it affect the starter motor since we are cranking the engine so many times. Of course, in the manual, for the same question that have answered that the starter motor has been specially designed to withstand the increased number of starts. But only time will tell.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Besides this ,say you run a ICE set up with a couple of Amps, does it turn off power to them as well? Kindly clarify.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
If you need to know anything more, PM me your e-mail ID, i'll forward you the details.
Send it to me too, sounds interesting, curious to know more.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Besides this ,say you run a ICE set up with a couple of Amps, does it turn off power to them as well? Kindly clarify.
Pradeep, The Micro Hybrid turns off only the engine and not the power to your Stereo system and other components. They are still ON. Even the AC blower and headlight is ON.

In the Manual it is recommended that in case the Head Lights, Stereo System, Viper (in rain) etc are ON at the same time, then it's better to turn OFF the Micro Hybrid.

Regards,
Sudhir
Old 12th November 2009, 22:36   #95
BHPian

I just got my Scorpio M Hawk VLX yesterday . I was asked to not to use Micro Hybrid for first 1K Kms as it might be inconsistent . Please clarify if this is true . I am yet to use Micro Hybrid in my car
Old 13th November 2009, 19:46   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I just got my Scorpio M Hawk VLX yesterday . I was asked to not to use Micro Hybrid for first 1K Kms as it might be inconsistent . Please clarify if this is true . I am yet to use Micro Hybrid in my car
Your brand new engine needs to be run-in. Constant starting / shutting off may not be the best conditioning. You have been advised correctly.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed