Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2006, 09:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn
GTO, from what I have heard, Hyundai (alabama plant) and Toyota also do not have any unions although UAW keep trying.

As for Toyota lockout situation, these workers need to be lured in a dead end street and then given the same treatment that HMSI workers got.
So dosent Nissan North america. UAW has tried to penetrate all these companies, but the workers were so happy with the management that they declined.

Both Toyota and Honda are global giants and a few weeks loss in production in their Indian ops is a drop in the bucket for them. Their philosopy is more important that anything else.
Old 24th January 2006, 09:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie

Anyone here knows about the internal affairs of Ashok Leyland? The union there is so string that the whole company is in their grip. Any small issue and they go on strike.
Are your refering to the Hosur plant or the Chennai plant. I thought the Hosur plant was newer and a lot better whereas Chennai still has the old school mentality.

You are right about JJ. She managed to hook BMW and looks like VW may join the party too.
Old 24th January 2006, 10:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Most of them run their own businesses. The most common ones being real estate and travel agencies. They use their mobile phones to run the business while they are in teh plant. And reportedly, most of the old experienced workers have a few bunglows that are rented out!

My friend was in the maintenance department. Since he was an engineer and was being paid much more than the supervisors there, they made sure he never got what he wanted. Some even go to the extent of hiding his tools and stuff...

Firstly, these people obviously are not 'labour'. Labour need their jobs to keep going - these people are mostly entrepreneurs using the badge of 'labour' to hide from their responsibilities.

Check out how many Trade Union 'Leaders' are actually labourers or have actually carried out hard labour at any point in their lives. They're bloodsuckers, living off the real labour.

IMHO, things like this need to be CRUSHED in the bud - not just nipped. They should learn a lesson they will never forget.

I'm all for outsourcing the job of 'fixing' these union leaders to the kidnapping industry in Bihar. If it happened in my plant, I'd pay for it. Vermin like this must be exterminated.
Old 24th January 2006, 11:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

Once SEZs on lines of china come up, things will change. No labour laws, no such union trouble. They will be like a different country altogether, with totally different laws
Old 24th January 2006, 11:59   #20
BHPian

Mpower - i was talking about the plant 1 (???) its the one in hosur - bangalore highway near the tamilnadu karnataka border. The workers are said to raid the parts bin pretty frequently. They even flick seats off iveco lorries scheduled for export. These supposedly have pretty comfortable bucket seats. These then find their way to some scheluded spot where the workers can enjoy their seista!

Steeroid - Sadly in many cases the union leaders are bought over by the competitors. I know of a few companies in tirupur which were forced to shut down after the labour union leader called for a strike during the peak production months of october - november. Since the union leaders get around 50k to 1L they refuse to give into any propsals made by the company owners.

Sad state of affairs in our country. And the worst part is all these so called labour leaders hide behind the protective sheilds of the local communist party! There is little that can be done as an employer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks