Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta

Consumer Reports Slams New Volkswagen Jetta - CBS MoneyWatch.com

Check the consumer reports of the new Jetta. Sharing hoping this is not shared before. Looks like the Elantra was the best among the tested cars with curze performing better.

WIll check if i can get full reports.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:22   #182
Team-BHP Support

It’s quite a known fact that the US spec Jetta is under-nourished due to heavy cost cutting measures. And conclusions based on US Consumer reports is good as meaningful as comparing US car prices to that in India.

Anyway the launch is just couple of weeks away, and let’s wait for the in-house review
Old 8th August 2011, 08:53   #183
BHPian

Any new info regarding the car or the impending launch? This thread has gone into hibernation last few days.

I have been waiting patiently for this launch for over 6 months now. But as the date gets nearer, my patience is weaning. Read someone mention here that the cars are gonna reach the showrooms by 7th, and he could get a sneak peak at it. So, that was supposed to happen yesterday. Anything on that? Our dealer here is not much revealing either. Still trying to push me the old Jetta. He says the new prices are surely going north of 16 lkhs. How true can that be? I'm sceptical, as I know they always quote more prior to official announcement. And maybe the SE was hoping I'd take the bait for the old model.

Also read in a local auto mag that bluemotion will definitely be incorporated in the new Jetta. So are we looking at the top end variant biting into Passage territory, in terms of pricing?
Old 8th August 2011, 09:45   #184
Senior - BHPian

I had a visit to the local VW showroom yesterday. No new Jetta in sight, only the old one on display. Sales advisor said he has no idea of pricing and that he would be getting in only on Aug 16th for the next day launch. He should have the display vehicle by 17th. I am hoping that it would be competitively priced against the Laura/Cruze if VW wants volumes.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

This is what i heard locally here.

The Vento Highline is not being offered and they are planning to place Jetta basic trim at around vento Highline price + 3 L and high end at Vento Highline + 4-5 L

Again, these are speculations.

Here is another funny story. My wife told me she saw the New Jetta near my place and was absolutely confident it was the new Jetta. I took her to the same place where the car stood and she said "Damn, Its the Vento. Why would they build the new Jetta like a Vento ". Exact same words.

By looks i am absolutely sure Vento and Jetta would just resemble alike.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:27   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

My wife told me she saw the New Jetta near my place and was absolutely confident it was the new Jetta. I took her to the same place where the car stood and she said "Damn, Its the Vento. Why would they build the new Jetta like a Vento ". Exact same words.
Imaginary Scene Circa September 2011.
Wife: There is an Audi A4 standing near our house.
Husband: No one on this road has an Audi. Lets go check.
Wife (Upon arriving and seeing the rear of the car, followed by the badge): Damn, It's the new Jetta! Why would they build the Audi A4 like a Jetta!?"

skjlives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 11:28   #187
BHPian

On my way back from work, I saw the new Jetta at the VW Palace Cross showroom here in Bangalore. The entire showroom was emptied of cars, and only a brand new white Jetta stood inside.

This was about a week or so ago. guess the launch isn't too far now.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Vento Highline is not being offered and they are planning to place Jetta basic trim at around vento Highline price + 3 L and high end at Vento Highline + 4-5 L

Here is another funny story. My wife told me she saw the New Jetta near my place and was absolutely confident it was the new Jetta. I took her to the same place where the car stood and she said "Damn, Its the Vento. Why would they build the new Jetta like a Vento ". Exact same words.

Mate, i highly doubt the Jetta Trendline being offered for Vento Highline Prices. The Vento Highline Diesel is 10.5 On Road in Delhi and thats not what a Jetta will cost.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:19   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is speculation, right? Vento top end+ 3 lakhs is 9.5+3=12.5. Surely, that can't be true. If the Jetta were to be available for that price, my doodhwala will come my fav Altis(bashing car). Quality costs money! Though I wish you are right.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:37   #190
Senior - BHPian

As i said guys, it was a speculation. That the base variant will cost a little over 3L of Vento's current Highline price.

We will have to wait and see how this pans out. If its 4-5L over the highline, i feel that would invite more buyers than having it priced 6-8L over the highline.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

What i heard is that the US Jetta is meant to be a entry level type commuter sedan.
Where as the European versions are meant to be more on the luxurious side.
With better features, quality etc.
In India it's the European version which we will be getting.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:23   #192
Team-BHP Support

Anyway, it’s a question of just one more week. And my wishful thinking is to have the official review out within a week of the launch

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th August 2011 at 13:23. Reason: tags removed
Old 8th August 2011, 17:17   #193
BHPian

Here are the main specs on the Jetta as per 'indianautosblog' website.

Trendline

New VW Jetta-volkswagenjettatrendlineindia.jpg

Comfortline

New VW Jetta-volkswagenjettacomfortlineindia.jpg

Highline

New VW Jetta-volkswagenjettahighlineindia.jpg

Source:
Volkswagen Jetta India - Variants and equipment
neeld is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 17:55   #194
Senior - BHPian

It really irritates me to see the Auto Transmission only available in the top spec model of a car.
Cant someone just enjoy fabric seats and an auto tranny? Its a transmission afterall and not a luxury feature.
Old 8th August 2011, 18:04   #195
Team-BHP Support

Ok so the Laura L&K makes a better buy, since it has memory for the drivers seat, and a 12 speaker sound system. But the Jetta has paddle shifters, which I think will be released with the Laura RS. Also I have a feeling it will be priced at the same or just a bit under the Laura L&K.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks