Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 11:12   #226
BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey the looks are so radically different then the outgoing jetta. Why do you call it vento like from the front? It can also be called passat like right;-) . The car is also coming with smoked headlights which look so classy. The back is very A4 ish. All in all I feel it looks better and fresher then laura. The pricing is still not out so lets hope for the best. Most important thing in my opinion is that how many of us forum members atleast are comfortable spending/gambling money on a skoda car today?
My Laura is coming tomorrow. Interesting that I'll get delivery on the day the Jetta is getting launched, because it was on my consideration set till the time VW announced that the current Jetta launch is for diesel variants only.

I'll join the dozen odd others on this forum (that I am aware of) who have picked up Skoda Lauras in the last 2-3 months.

Haven't really followed numbers on Yeti, Superb, Fabia.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:18   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
My Laura is coming tomorrow. Interesting that I'll get delivery on the day the Jetta is getting launched, because it was on my consideration set till the time VW announced that the current Jetta launch is for diesel variants only.

I'll join the dozen odd others on this forum (that I am aware of) who have picked up Skoda Lauras in the last 2-3 months.

Haven't really followed numbers on Yeti, Superb, Fabia.
Well first of all congrats to you. And yes I will still call it a bold decision. There are countless threads on the forum over skoda after sales and the company' s attitude towards dealing with the same. Best of luck to you..
Old 16th August 2011, 11:29   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Well first of all congrats to you. And yes I will still call it a bold decision. There are countless threads on the forum over skoda after sales and the company' s attitude towards dealing with the same. Best of luck to you..
Thanks Doc. Trust me, I am walking into this with my eyes wide open and I follow Skoda forums including Harishv's fairly regularly. Two points will probably make you see my logic:

First, having owned a Honda City for 6+ years and putting up with their snob and insatiable appetite to make money from after sales spares and service, I have come to the conclusion that almost all brands have issues, with possibly the exception of Maruti. It's just that some like Skoda have the knack of taking it to the next level or at least getting disproportionately higher negative PR.

Second, I scouted and researched and could not come up with another option of a performance petrol sedan in my budget, other than the Laura TSI. So I asked the head to take a backseat and got the heart to write a cheque! I'm sure this baby will keep me entertained like a naughty mistress, if not a homely wife

Last edited by skjlives : 16th August 2011 at 11:30.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:33   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey the looks are so radically different then the outgoing jetta. Why do you call it vento like from the front? It can also be called passat like right;-) . The car is also coming with smoked headlights which look so classy. The back is very A4 ish. All in all I feel it looks better and fresher then laura. The pricing is still not out so lets hope for the best. Most important thing in my opinion is that how many of us forum members atleast are comfortable spending/gambling money on a skoda car today?
Yes it can be called Passat like but then the Passat has DRLs and is quite a bit bigger.

No doubt the Jetta would be a good car, and I would have chosen it over a Laura L&K in a flash, if only it came with adaptive xenon lights, and the 12 speaker system. It has paddle shift which the Laura doesn't have.

I think the Skoda thing is quite overhyped. There are enough of happy owners. There are also people who have had bad experiences with any company including BMW.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:59   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Skoda thing is quite overhyped.
Guess its not just the Skoda but the general German company attitude. Or should i say European companies attitude.

Only difference is that Skoda has some ground time and more cars sold for the issues to surface in the first place.

And the way Skoda has handled customers is plain pathetic.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 14:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

Personally i find many European cars highly desirable.
But i have always hesitated due to the scary stories i have heard about after sales issues. True not all are bad. But heard so many of them that i somehow feel more comfortable.owning a vehicle from a Japanese brand. Still even though i lean more towards the Japanese. The Jetta is going to drag me into a VW showroom soon to take a look. I am Smitten.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Jetta is going to drag me into a VW showroom soon to take a look. I am Smitten
Will it help if i say its a fantastic car that just makes you drive every damn place you want to and gives a reason to go to work or return to home from work.

Is very stable from 120-140 and absolutely dead at 100. Meaning feels you are doing a 35 in the highway when doing a 100.

The car returned a FE of 21 driving at an average 100 between chennai and Salem. Roads are fantastic, empty and inviting. But maintaining 100 average is very easy in this car.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 17:52   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

So what time is the launch tomorrow? Man I hope they don't increase the price drastically.
Old 16th August 2011, 21:08   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Will it help if i say its a fantastic car that just makes you drive every damn place you want to and gives a reason to go to work or return to home from work.

Is very stable from 120-140 and absolutely dead at 100. Meaning feels you are doing a 35 in the highway when doing a 100.

The car returned a FE of 21 driving at an average 100 between chennai and Salem. Roads are fantastic, empty and inviting. But maintaining 100 average is very easy in this car.
It certainly does. now you might just have got me weak in the knees there
That certainly is quite a juicy review of the car.
It's going to make folks reading this thread go out and try one, as soon as it's available. It's got me seriously tempted.
But what will Honda do without me? i would turn into a VW man then.
Old 16th August 2011, 21:27   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
It certainly does. now you might just have got me weak in the knees there
That certainly is quite a juicy review of the car.
It's going to make folks reading this thread go out and try one, as soon as it's available. It's got me seriously tempted.
But what will Honda do without me? i would turn into a VW man then.
Hes not talking about the new Jetta, hes talking about the previous 110bhp MT Jetta which he has. LOL.
Old 16th August 2011, 21:43   #236
Zed
BHPian

Apart from the tail lamps the rear portion of the 2011 jetta and the 2011 A4 are identical. Infact the rear door design of the new jetta is superb - arguably better looking than its rich cousin, the A4.

VW designs have evolved beautifully to the point where many potential Audi buyers across the globe are taking a serious look at VW options, since the two share platforms, engines and transmissions. That said, VW prices are inching ever so closer to Audi's.

Im sure the new Jetta's styling will go a long way in tipping the scale in its favour.
Old 17th August 2011, 08:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hes not talking about the new Jetta, hes talking about the previous 110bhp MT Jetta which he has. LOL.
Yep i got that, but when the old one was this good, you always expect the new one to be a bit better right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Apart from the tail lamps the rear portion of the 2011 jetta and the 2011 A4 are identical. Infact the rear door design of the new jetta is superb - arguably better looking than its rich cousin, the A4.

VW designs have evolved beautifully to the point where many potential Audi buyers across the globe are taking a serious look at VW options, since the two share platforms, engines and transmissions. That said, VW prices are inching ever so closer to Audi's.

Im sure the new Jetta's styling will go a long way in tipping the scale in its favour.
I totally agree with you, infact the Passat has an updated motor which was yet to be seen in the A4 i believe.(hope i got that right) ~ While it comes closer price wise. I think what tips it in favour of the A4 is the space on offer on the inside. while brand wise, most will prefer to own an Audi in India as it has the status factor. Styling wise the Jetta does have some points in it's favour. to me it's a very appealing design. can't wait to check one out.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:16   #238
BHPian

Link to the launch webcast anyone?
Old 17th August 2011, 11:28   #239
Senior - BHPian

At what time is the webcast anyway? I am shocked by the severe lack of interest.

Has this been a launch of new Honda Civic (a Jap car that I really like) or Toyota Karela Altis (pun' intended) there would have been a lot more people interested.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:36   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
At what time is the webcast anyway? I am shocked by the severe lack of interest.

Has this been a launch of new Honda Civic (a Jap car that I really like) or Toyota Karela Altis (pun' intended) there would have been a lot more people interested.
+1

Hell, even Kizashi had more buzz around it's launch, but may be because it was a brand new car rather than a nex-gen version of an existing car, or may be it was a case of selective perception!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks