Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 14:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta

Quote:
But how many out and out petrol-heads do we know own/drive this car?
The petro Jetta is just a dud. As you said we should discuss regarding the JEtta and Linea in a different thread.

Lets just keep it at your point that Fast Luxury is what we want out of this new Jetta. Meaning a 170bhp or 140 bhp engine
Old 21st March 2011, 10:34   #47
BHPian

Two Volkswagen India MDs quit

Any idea what's brewing at VW India?
Old 21st March 2011, 10:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hey, anyone got any indication of when is this coming? I am fed up waiting for this one. Although, I'll be in for a car only towards the end of the year, I'd want start my search by mid year.

I am quite sure that car will be fine. More so considering the paucity of new-gen quality cars in the segment. The only cars I like in segment is Civic and Laura, although I think Cruze is a good machine too. However, I am not inclined to buy anyone of them due to one reason or other. The problem is, the new Jetta is not is sight either
Old 21st March 2011, 11:26   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey, anyone got any indication of when is this coming? I am fed up waiting for this one. Although, I'll be in for a car only towards the end of the year, I'd want start my search by mid year.

I am quite sure that car will be fine. More so considering the paucity of new-gen quality cars in the segment. The only cars I like in segment is Civic and Laura, although I think Cruze is a good machine too. However, I am not inclined to buy anyone of them due to one reason or other. The problem is, the new Jetta is not is sight either
My assumption is that it could be in the 2nd half of the year. Maybe once the Passat is in first, they'll wait for a couple of months before the Jetta is rolled in.
Old 3rd April 2011, 00:06   #50
Team-BHP Support

I have it on good record that we are getting the Euro spec one. I also understand that there will be an interesting variation coming much later on
Old 3rd April 2011, 08:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have it on good record that we are getting the Euro spec one. I also understand that there will be an interesting variation coming much later on
Interesting variation! That sounds good. Will that be a Jetta GLI?
Old 3rd April 2011, 10:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

1.8 TSI, 2.0 TDI 140 hp, coming sometime in Q3. Euro Spec.
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
well it could mean The Hatchback or so to say The Golf, it would be an interesting competition between Toyota GM and VW when the Jetta comes in with full force.
Old 3rd April 2011, 12:13   #54
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post deleted. Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words in posts is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd April 2011 at 15:28. Reason: Please do NOT use abusive language on the board, even indirectly.
Vandit is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2011, 13:21   #55
BHPian

The Jetta will hit India with the 2.0 L CR 140bhp engine. They are leaving the 170bhp version of the engine for the Passat, upgraded Superb and the Audi lineup. Skoda Laura, Yeti and the VW Jetta will continue to use the 140 bhp version.

This is done as part of a strategy to increase volumes (and localization) of both powerplants and their componentry.

Whats really amazing is that the 170 bhp version is more fuel efficient and emits less pollutants, despite being more powerful!
Old 9th April 2011, 08:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

According to indianautosblog , unlike Passat , Jetta won't come with the BlueMotion technology. The Jetta ,coming to India , will be the Sophisticated Euro spec , yet competitively priced ( better priced than current one )
Old 9th April 2011, 09:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

On the Press conference arranged for the Vento IPL edition. The VW MD has confirmed that the Jetta will be out only the year end.
So nothing to expect any sooner for the Vento.

Also though its the Euro spec, the CKDs are imported from Brazil...
Old 9th April 2011, 12:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
1.8 TSI, 2.0 TDI 140 hp, coming sometime in Q3. Euro Spec.
Isn't that same as the current Laura specs ? I am surprised that VW is allowing so much in house competition. Traditionally the Jetta is better equipped than the Laura but I think Laura has been consistently outselling the Jetta in terms of numbers. If the pricing of the new Jetta is poised evenly I guess the tables would change (specially owing to abysmal A.S.S by Skoda) - but will they ? They belong to the same parent company after all.
Old 9th April 2011, 16:59   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
On the Press conference arranged for the Vento IPL edition. The VW MD has confirmed that the Jetta will be out only the year end.
So nothing to expect any sooner for the Vento.

Also though its the Euro spec, the CKDs are imported from Brazil...
It is Mexico - it is the single source for the Jetta and Beetle
Old 10th April 2011, 14:41   #60
e46
BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta (bigger, better faster)

The base model 2.0L in the US retails for just 15 grands, which correspond to roughly 8Lacs. Guessing pasts would be sourced via CKD model, with good level of indigenisation, they would have a trump card by pricing it competitively say starting 10L.

This is the car which has caught my imagination, with clean lines, elegant styling, and a-la Audi A4 backend. Price it sensibly VW, if you are listening, and you have a winner in your hands.

I for sure, would love to see this car in my garage.

Abhi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks