Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 18:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta (bigger, better faster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
The base model 2.0L in the US retails for just 15 grands, which correspond to roughly 8Lacs. Guessing pasts would be sourced via CKD model, with good level of indigenisation, they would have a trump card by pricing it competitively say starting 10L.
I think that was just the marketing trick to have the 2.0 L at 15 grand. It has an archaic engine, which last was on any Jetta 15 years back. I don't think they sell any of the entry model at all. I hope they don't bring that 2.0 L 115 BHP model to India at all.
Old 11th April 2011, 23:57   #62
BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta

How sure are you that the new Jetta will have the 1.8 tsi?
Old 12th April 2011, 11:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The base model 2.0L in the US retails for just 15 grands, which correspond to roughly 8Lacs. Guessing pasts would be sourced via CKD model, with good level of indigenisation, they would have a trump card by pricing it competitively say starting 10L.
Well, I don't know what are you talking about. Why cars are costlier in India has been discussed over another thread.

The current prtrol jetta starts at some 1.3xx lacs for the archaic 1.6L petrol engine (even inferior to the one in Vento). I think the best we can hope for is around 12.xx for TSI and 13.xx for the TDI. VW has been known to price its cars at a premium, not only in India but around the world. It is good news that it is trying to compete on the price as well here (Case--> Vento TDI Highline cheaper than City top end)
Old 25th April 2011, 23:15   #64
BHPian

today saw a new Jetta being tested on Mumbai Bangalore bypass. no masking just with a red colored number plate. I was driving to office and had a good look at the Jetta from behind and front. The version being tested was 2.0 TDI. Color was very interesting and never seen before (metallic brown). The look of the front of Jetta in my rear view mirror was very impressive. I have never liked the shape of current Jetta. Feels uninspiring. But the new one almost had a look like that of a shark in attack mode. with the day time running lights the car looked wow. no pictures though.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:54   #65
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
today saw a new Jetta being tested on Mumbai Bangalore bypass.
Good catch ! While returning from Goa 2 weeks back i had spotted a VW SUV with red plates near Pune. It was on the opposite side & was quite some distance away. It looked like the new Touareg and it had roof-rails as well. The first thought that came to my mind was it could be the Tiguan as it looked compact!
Old 12th May 2011, 12:45   #66
BHPian

New jetta to be launched in June end or July first week training is starting for the dealers by this month end
Old 12th May 2011, 12:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
New jetta to be launched in June end or July first week training is starting for the dealers by this month end
Please do tell us the source of the news as i was informed by a dealer that the car will arrive during Diwali 2011. Although i believe dealers normally dont know a lot, especially in India where its just a Job for Salesman (passionless and ill informed). It makes lots of sense for VW to launch the car in July since the Civic in delayed and the Corolla Facelift is going to face major issues with the production cut at Toyota. The Cruze (top seller owing to diesel mill) may just hit a roadblock now.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th May 2011 at 14:29. Reason: Quote tag fixed.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

India is a very different market and people would want 'distinct' looking cars. The Polo, Vento, Jetta and the passat are having similar looking grille and lights and this might actually work against Jetta and the passat since these customers wouldnt want their cars to look similar to vento / polo.
Im not saying that you should have a complete new design for each car, but it helps not to repeat the same grille / lights in each of your models.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:19   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey can you tell the source of that information. Please let me know as I am desperately waiting for the new jetta.
Old 14th May 2011, 08:30   #70
BHPian

I have booked highline passat and was asking the dealer for second booking of trendline passat and he told that trendline passat is not offered currently, and informed me that he will be going for training for New Jetta this month end and will try to get information about trendline. Then when en-quired about training he told that the launch date of Jetta will be June end or July first week and the dealers are clearing the stocks of existing Jetta's.
Old 14th May 2011, 10:55   #71
GSM
BHPian

People are worrying about Jetta and Passat looking similar to their cheaper siblings. This is interesting, and am just curious. Why similar emotions are not expressed for Audi or BMW?

I find their designs pleasing enough, except the existing Jetta. If I can afford, I would love to buy the new Jet. But may have to settle for a car from below its segment.
Old 14th May 2011, 12:22   #72
BHPian

Volkswagen Confirms 2011 Jetta Launch In June, 2011
So i think we can expect the launch in June
pjegadeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 13:40   #73
BHPian

the current jetta trendline costs around 17l otr in hyderabad. Hope they launch the 1.6lt diesel engine with a bit more power , i wouldnt mind buying a 1.6lt A/T diesel highline for around 14-15l
Old 14th May 2011, 17:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Volkswagen Confirms 2011 Jetta Launch In June, 2011
So i think we can expect the launch in June
The doubt if this correct. The source does not quote anyone from VW about the date of this launch. Instead it has Mr Neeraj Garg saying, “We will finish the existing ones (sales) and get in the new one in the second half of this calendar year,....”
Old 24th May 2011, 15:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Maybe its time to revise interest in Jetta after the horrendous pricing of Fluence http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2362360

Any chances that they may push this as late as Auto Expo in Jan? For me, ultimately the purchase of a car like Jetta will boil down to Vitamin 'M'. Thus , on a personal note, I hope they bring it with a 1.6TDI too as the base diesel model@12-13 lacs ex-showroom.

Note:" guys , when discussing prices, can we keep our reference point as ex showroom. For e.g. Bangalore OTR prices are insane and gives skewed picture about the pricing.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 24th May 2011 at 15:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed