Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 16:06   #76
BHPian

Re: New VW Jetta

Any educated guesses on the pricing? Did they price the new Passat below the one that went out? And by how much?

I just looked at the pictures of the Times Sq. launch of the 2011 Jetta and it looked awesome. But there is some links about multiple recalls too, in as recent as March 2011. 2011 VW Jetta Recalled in the States Over Wiring Glitch - Carscoop

BH.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:06   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been waiting for this car since its launch. Earlier it was speculated to come in by march or april. The worst part is there isn't even a rumor in the air as yet and even google search only gives you stale news from 2010. So my guess is we can safely assume its launch will be near diwali. I am praying the prices are similar to the current jetta and they dont increase it. Otherwise it will be the Cruze for me atleast!
Old 24th May 2011, 16:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have been waiting for this car since its launch. Earlier it was speculated to come in by march or april. The worst part is there isn't even a rumor in the air as yet and even google search only gives you stale news from 2010. So my guess is we can safely assume its launch will be near diwali. I am praying the prices are similar to the current jetta and they dont increase it. Otherwise it will be the Cruze for me atleast!
Take a look at post#72. Article referenced is April 11, 2011. You should hopefully feel much better.

BH.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:48   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw that article yaar. But as a fellow Bhpian has mentioned that article looks very suspicious. The VW official says second half of the year and doesn't dish out a particular month also forget a date.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:53   #80
BHPian

Hi Guys - I'm told by my dealer that VW has stopped manufacturing the current Jetta and are selling the stocked vehicles. Should I be believing this (more so because it is coming from a dealer)!
Old 24th May 2011, 18:07   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess its time for them to stop the manufacturing for the old model. But how fast will the existing stock clear out is the real question. I guess it should take them around 2-3 months more which means we can safely assume for the new jetta to be launched around September.
Old 26th May 2011, 20:49   #82
BHPian

Just read this article online regarding the pricing of the new Passat in Usa which says that the new Passat is priced 7000$ cheaper than the previous model but i dont see the same price difference in India. So i guess we shouldnt expect a VFM pricing from VW for Jetta as they did in Usa

2012 VW Passat Priced at Under $20,000 in the US - autoevolution
Old 26th May 2011, 21:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
Just read this article online regarding the pricing of the new Passat in Usa which says that the new Passat is priced 7000$ cheaper than the previous model but i dont see the same price difference in India. So i guess we shouldnt expect a VFM pricing from VW for Jetta as they did in Usa

2012 VW Passat Priced at Under $20,000 in the US - autoevolution
This particular model is made for U.S only. Think the Indian model is the european one which is modified version of the previous one.
Old 26th May 2011, 23:48   #84
Team-BHP Support

They may not chose to give Jetta a 1.6L Diesel. They need to differentiate it with the Vento. It has to be the 2.0L category.
Old 27th May 2011, 09:18   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Hi Guys - I'm told by my dealer that VW has stopped manufacturing the current Jetta and are selling the stocked vehicles. Should I be believing this (more so because it is coming from a dealer)!
Production of the current Jetta was stopped few months back. They had plans to launch the new Jetta sometime in June or early July. But looks like it would take some more time.
Old 14th June 2011, 14:10   #86
BHPian

The new jetta will hopefully be launched on 17th august according to hormazd sorabjee !!!

Twitter

New Volkswagen Jetta to be launched in India on August 17 | IndianCarsBikes.in
Old 14th June 2011, 16:55   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Below is what Hormazd has tweeted:
Quote:
All new VW Jetta launch on August 17th. With market swinging sharply to diesel, 140bhp 2.0TDI motor will be main model
Old 15th June 2011, 23:12   #88
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India also mentioned that the new Jetta is also likely to feature a new 1.4 TSI turbo petrol motor (apart from the 2.0 TDI CR diesel) and will be offered with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Related link: New VW Jetta coming August 17 | Autocar India

Now this is pretty interesting. Once the 1.4 TSI gets an entry to India, expect it to be the default petrol for VW group’s small to mid-sized cars. Not sure if the 1.4 will be offered in the 122bhp tune, or the in the 160bhp sports disguise. I will say this is quite a positive move from VW (if it happens)
Old 15th June 2011, 23:15   #89
BHPian

from autocarindia article :
New VW Jetta coming August 17 | Autocar India

Quote:
Since many of the parts for the new Jetta are manufactured in Puebla, Mexico – Jetta’s mother plant (which has lower production costs as compared to Germany) – expect the new Jetta to be priced competitively.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:17   #90
BHPian

This 1.4 liter 180bhp engine of the Polo should be the least of the engines that should go into the new Jetta.

Volkswagen Polo | Road Tests | NEW CAR NET
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks