Old 11th July 2011, 12:38   #121

Re: New VW Jetta

Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The top end will be more expensive than the Laura L&K because VW is trying to position itself as the more premium brand than Skoda. And the Laura is about 21l for the top end. Though the lower end Jettas will probably take on the Altis, etc.
Quoting more than 24 will not be viable, passat top end is around 32. They need to clearly differentiate between Jetta & Passat.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:41   #122

Hey where did you get that info from? I dont think thats true. Everyone has been saying that the New jetta will be priced more competitively to take on the Cruze and Altis. The current Jetta's top end model in around 18.5 L OTR in Delhi. 22-24L is not a realistic figure.
We were with one of the VW guy yesterday, he said it will be more than the present Jetta and might be close to 20 lacs for the starting model.

He says there are more features in the new jetta than the present VW Jetta.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:41   #123

Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Quoting more than 24 will not be viable, passat top end is around 32. They need to clearly differentiate between Jetta & Passat.
My guess is that it will be around 1-1.5 more than the Laura top end.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:46   #124

The top end will be more expensive than the Laura L&K because VW is trying to position itself as the more premium brand than Skoda. And the Laura is about 21l for the top end. Though the lower end Jettas will probably take on the Altis, etc.
Are you sure that the top end Laura is 21L? The price list I have of the Jetta is from Dec 10. So may be they have increased the prices since then. In that list the top end Jetta is 18.5L.
I think it makes a huge difference according to the city you are talking about. The passat Highline is 29L OTR in Delhi. I checked it out 2 weeks back. Whereas member kdeepakk says its 32L in the post above.

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th July 2011 at 12:48.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:48   #125

Are you sure that the top end Laura is 21L? The price list I have of the Jetta is from Dec 10. So may be they have increased the prices since then. In that list the top end Jetta is 18.5L.
I think it makes a huge difference according to the city you are talking about. The passat Highline is 29L OTR in Delhi. I checked it out 2 weeks back. Whereas you say its 32L.
Top end Laura - L&K Automatic is around 24-25 lac in Blr. There are some discounts available like Insurance or corp discounts.

In Bangalore Taxes are more so its around 32lac for highline Passat.

Last edited by kdeepakk : 11th July 2011 at 12:49.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:50   #126

Top end Laura - L&K Automatic is around 24-25 lac in Blr. There are some discounts available like Insurance or corp discounts.
Man you guys should revolt against the Govt. This price difference is insane. And on top of that bangalore has some real bad roads.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:09   #127

Man you guys should revolt against the Govt. This price difference is insane. And on top of that bangalore has some real bad roads.
Revolt The present govt will not even move a bit....this is the only source they are getting money
Old 11th July 2011, 13:37   #128

I think it makes a huge difference according to the city you are talking about. The passat Highline is 29L OTR in Delhi. I checked it out 2 weeks back. Whereas member kdeepakk says its 32L in the post above.
The Laura is 21l on road Mumbai. Ex showroom is about 18.6. I shouldn't have quoted on road prices.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:59   #129

In Bangalore Taxes are more so its around 32lac for highline Passat.

I have said this before and will say it again. Can we start quoting the ex-showroom prices, unless somebody asks for a OTR price for a specific city?

For e.g. the prices in Bangalore are insane. So, when somebody living in Bangy quotes the prices casually as 24L for a Laura, its gives everybody the impression that the car is extremely costly. Whereas the reality is that the car is costly ONLY in Bangalore, due to insane pricing. Similarly, for somebody at Chandigarh, the prices of cars are relatively low, so people tend to carry that impression. In reality, for most people, the car will cost more what is being quoted.

This is a national forum and let's keep the city specific car prices at bay unless somebody asks for it. They give skewed picture.
Old 11th July 2011, 16:31   #130

My guess is that it will be around 1-1.5 more than the Laura top end.
Yup, looking at the trend with VW and Skoda cars, competing in the same segment to date, I think the Jetta will be priced about 1 to 1.5L higher than Laura , variant to variant.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:52   #131

I got an email this afternoon from the VW dealer in Kerala that the new Jetta will initially come with 2.0 diesel only, and 1.4 TSI petrol will be available only after 2011. As GTO mentioned in the other thread, the launch is in Mid-August, and pricing is in the range for 14-18 lakhs.

Note: Information from the dealer can be distorted, but the email content was pretty crisp, and so thought its worth sharing this news.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:42   #132

Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@vb-san. I remember reading speculations in certain automobile magazines is that the new Jetta will be less expensive than the outgoing one.

IMHO,the only VW worth considering for someone who is contemplating a BMW is the Passat. The ride of the present Jetta is supposed to be jittery.If they retain the ride,then it would be the equivalent of run flats! Back to square one!!
I guess it’s best to leave as speculations. Maybe they assumed that the US-spec Jetta is going to be launched in India. If Passat’s pricing is an indication, I expect the price to be on the higher side (they’ll definitely position it above the Laura).

From what I know, the car is much more spacious than the outgoing one, looks very elegant, and good to drive too. It’s not a facelift (like the Passat) but a completely new car. And I am not so sure of the jittery ride in the current Jetta. At least not got such a feedback from the ownership reviews in the forum (maybe the current owners will be able to comment).

Anyway, I expect the Team-bhp review to come out in a month’s time

Note: I thought it’s better to respond here. In Suman's thread this is quite off-topic
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:55   #133

I guess it’s best to leave as speculations. Maybe they assumed that the US-spec Jetta is going to be launched in India. If Passat’s pricing is an indication, I expect the price to be on the higher side (they’ll definitely position it above the Laura).

Anyway, I expect the Team-bhp review to come out in a month’s time
Yup I expect the car to be priced more then the current model. It would be a miracle if they manage to offer it at the same price as the current one.

Hey the TBHP review should come out near the launch right? Generally its out 2-3 days before the launch. I am keenly waiting for the Jetta and without the T-BHP review there is no ways I am going ahead with the booking.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:03   #134

• Highline Specs: 140 Bhp 2.0 TDI + Cruise control + Leather interiors with trim options + Touch screen with Bluetooth and USB + Sunroof + 8 Airbags + DSG Gearbox + ESP + Parktronic

• Comfortline Specs: 140 bhp 2.0 TDI + Manual transmission + Touch screen player with Bluetooth and USB + 6 Airbags + leather interior + ESP + Parktronic

• Trendline Specs: 140 bhp 2.0 TDI + Manual transmission + simple music player + 6 Airbags + fabric interior + ESP + Parktronic

VW India will launch it with a DSG gearbox and a 6 speed manual as well. Unlike the Passat which was launched only with a diesel engine, a turbocharged petrol engine will be available on the new Jetta. However, the Bluemotion variant will NOT be launched on the Jetta in India any time soon.

The VW Jetta will come to India in form of a CKD meaning prices will not vary drastically. However, because the competition from Cruze, Laura, Corolla and the new Civic will be stiff, VW India will be very careful about the pricing.

SOURCE - IAB (Unpacked - Volkswagen Jetta for India)
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 12:32   #135

Thanks RavenAvi:

We now have most of the value side of the equation, we now need to get the price side of it!