Team-BHP - New Volvo S 60 brochure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Volvo S 60 brochure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/97587-new-volvo-s-60-brochure.html)

Note from Support : GTO's Volvo S60 304 BHP AWD review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

This thread = closed

Just got my hands on the S 60 brochure. Three variants.
Price: 27-31 lakh, 6 cylinder petrol and 5 cylinder diesel engines.
Launch on 10th.

The S60 is 3,a4 and C competitor in international markets or midsize luxury like E,5 and A6?

It is feature packed and in that orange shade looks really unique.If someone can keep aside the lesser snob value of a Volvo badge a 304 bhp AWD petrol for 30 lakhs is fantastic value for money!

Wow that sure looks full loaded. Cant wait to see the exact prices, I hope they do well. The diesel engine has great specs, and damn :eek: an inline 6 petrol turbo? That is some proper competition for the 330i and the A4 3.2fsi, and it will beat both of them.

So Does this mean all the Volvo cars sold in India share the same 5 Cylinder Diesel? Reviews in International Magazines say the Fun to Drive factor in S80 is something never ever seen in a Volvo before.

I saw this car being driven in Avinashi road, Coimbatore, a couple of weeks back. In the same orange shade. Had great road presence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2266667)
Wow that sure looks full loaded. Cant wait to see the exact prices, I hope they do well. The diesel engine has great specs, and damn :eek: an inline 6 petrol turbo? That is some proper competition for the 330i and the A4 3.2fsi, and it will beat both of them.

>>>

An inline six petrol and that too a turbo?
Heartstopping.

Can't wait to check out the full specs when it is out.
As it is there are very few in line six manufacturers (BMW, Holden come to mind).
This will be competition to the 330i ( by the way the Indian 330i doesn't have have the 200 kW (272 PS,268 hp) @ 6700 rpm and 320 N·m (240 lb·ft) @ 2750 rpm variant but the lesser powered one).

Hope that Volvo comes close to the 330i in the steering and handling department to attract the petrolheads!

Regards, drive safe

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2266578)
Just got my hands on the S 60 brochure. Three variants.
Price: 27-31 lakh, 6 cylinder petrol and 5 cylinder diesel engines.
Launch on 10th.

Thanks Sid for the details. Looks like an extremely promising package!

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2266597)
The S60 is 3,a4 and C competitor in international markets or midsize luxury like E,5 and A6?

It is feature packed and in that orange shade looks really unique.If someone can keep aside the lesser snob value of a Volvo badge a 304 bhp AWD petrol for 30 lakhs is fantastic value for money!

It is indeed a competitor (or trying to be) of the 3, A4 and C. Worldwide, the new S60 is getting some good reviews all over, and I hope Volvo get to cash on some sales with this new launch.

I thought the S60 was on sale already?
Had spotted one here last week, with temporary number plates.
The same orange shade. Must say it makes a nice fashion statement. Was being driven with some style, too. :cool: