Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 10:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Delhi Police says "Hello SX4, Farewell Ambassador"!

Ha.. For those of you who think Delhi police are enjoying the luxuries at the cost of taxpayers' money, one visit to Garden City will change the way you think

Almost all Govt vehicles are >10-11 L price range here. The ministers and the like roam around in their CRV's, Fortuner's and that's LUXURY

Amongst other vehicles are
Hyundai Verna(Transform also), Fiesta, Corolla, City, Dzire
Bolero, Innova,Scorpio (Police guys mostly)

PS: Not to mention, I ve seen some Indicas as well

PPS: No wonder we're charged such a hefty tax
Old 9th March 2011, 13:57   #32
BHPian

I strongly feel MSIL must have given the Delhi police a nice deal for the cars. It's good publicity for them too. Any idea which model has been given; petrol, CNG, diesel?
Old 9th March 2011, 14:31   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Almost all Govt vehicles are >10-11 L price range here. The ministers and the like roam around in their CRV's, Fortuner's and that's LUXURY
I too have seen a lot of Fortuners here in blore.. thats 20L+ on the road
Old 9th March 2011, 15:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I hope this wakes up Hindustan Motors and makes them bring value to their JV with Mitsubishi. I wonder what would happens if the Kolkatta Taxi fleet owners start replacing the Ambys with some other car? That for sure IMO would mark the end of an Era.
There will be civil unrest in Kolkota if anyone even suggests that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Surprisinglythe Delhi police haven't asked for the Kizashi's and have settled for the SX4.
Guess the Kizashi must be having a waiting period and hence they din't ask for it.

But SX4 is actually stretching it too far. What happened to all the austerity crap the Govt. was talking about.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think its a good move to phase out amby s from the fleet. The Sx4 is defenitely a better choice, being easy to maintain and if it is the cng the cheap to run too. I dont see why they should be given SUVs like Bolero and all since these are not patrol vehicles but to be used by the officials of the force.
WHy would you need a fuel guzzling SUV to transport the commissioner? HE s not going to hunt down goons in his SX4 on the hinterland. There are dedicated vehicles and squads for that. This is basically for his transportation within the city. The SX4 is a much better choice in that regard as opposed to the amby s and SUVs like Bolero.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:27   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I too have seen a lot of Fortuners here in blore.. thats 20L+ on the road
The KSRTC HQ has Honda CRVs as vehicles for their top officials. Beat that.

Let us face it. The cost of a Bolero and the SX4 VXi is almost the same. Add to that MSIL plant in Delhi and the deal that they would have offered to the police, it not all that luxurious.

Lets us not indulge in bashing the police for the wrong reasons. There are lots of right reasons to do that.

PS: I m not a cop.
Old 9th March 2011, 18:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Let us face it. The cost of a Bolero and the SX4 VXi is almost the same.
Yes if you are talking about Bolero VLX CRDe which is a diesel unlike SX4 VXi. SX4 is still costlier by 25K.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:09   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, like the Kerala govt.officials the Amby must be replaced by something like a white Bolero.
That is NOW, the perfect government department official car.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:31   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Yes if you are talking about Bolero VLX CRDe which is a diesel unlike SX4 VXi. SX4 is still costlier by 25K.
At any cost, the preference has to be given for Mahindra, right? What about a Linea?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th March 2011 at 19:33.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Assuming all these officers travel in the back seat, comparing the back seat comfort of vehicles in the same price range, a Tata Manza would have been a better choice
Old 9th March 2011, 22:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The KSRTC HQ has Honda CRVs as vehicles for their top officials. Beat that.

Let us face it. The cost of a Bolero and the SX4 VXi is almost the same. Add to that MSIL plant in Delhi and the deal that they would have offered to the police, it not all that luxurious.

Lets us not indulge in bashing the police for the wrong reasons. There are lots of right reasons to do that.

PS: I m not a cop.
Exactly. Plus we are not sure if it is the petrol, diesel or the cng version that is going to be used. If it is the cng one as sidindica suggested or even the diesel one (although I have a strong feeling it could be Cng), then I dont see one reason why bolero must be considered ahead of Sx4. Considering the fact that these vehicles will be used 99% of time transporting these officials within the city only. Why do you need a SUV for that? SX4 would be faster and more maneuverable too I guess.
Plus not to forget the MUL plants proximity to delhi.
Old 10th March 2011, 02:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

I lovingly call the ambassador the rolls royce of india. While in kolkata for around 5 amd a half months. We were driven around only in an ambassador. The rear is extremely comfortable with good headroom as well as decent legroom. Its sad that the ambassador is slowly getting replaced by more modern vehicles, but i guess this was to happen one day.
Old 10th March 2011, 07:06   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I am quite upset with this move.
I get that ministers around the country may have better cars, heck in Mumbai I have seen one brand new blue 730Ld with the red light inside. However, I believe these are their personal cars which are not bought with tax payer money.
Instead of giving the higher police officials SX4s, the government would do much better by replacing the patrol cars with faster vehicles.
These babus SX4s will not be used to patrol the city, but to ferry them and their family around. The need of the day instead is to get faster and efficient patrol cars that can actually be used to improve the police force's efficiency, and not be a style statement for the higher police officials.

However, on the upside, hopefully HM will learn from this and will actually improve their product line, and actively work with Mitsubishi to bring in newer models.

Last edited by lamborghini : 10th March 2011 at 07:07.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:33   #44
Team-BHP Support

SX4 is a good choice, IMO. The added ground clearance, the ability to handle rough terrain, and also the smooth roads make it an ideal choice, as against a Dzire.

The only confusion is regarding the fuel powering the vehicle.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Time to join Delhi Police

SX4 is very good car for sure but are these Petrol once? Must be as diesel is launched recently. Its not very economical for sure. After all its government money, means our money. I guess Diesel Manza would have been good option instead of the SX4.

Do police really need the luxury vehicle like SX4 ?? Just a thought, not pointing to anyone here.

In my opinion Bolero is the best vehicle for police. In Dabang movie, Chulbul Pande is using white bolero which looks good
I suspect M&M has given the Bolero and moneys to Ashtavinayak Films to have Salman drive the Bolero. Its in film placements. The same way Tata Sumo Victa was used for a Bhojpuri Films. There a gyan ppt of the brand fit and all other stuff, just to have the product being endorsed and make some moneys as commission.

Can someone check out the sales of Bolero in UP region after Dabbang ?
Im sure must have increased.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks