Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 20:47   #46
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hahaha shoots ! the swift sedan looks like a piece of crappp...i'll stone the first sedan i see in india
Dude, that picture is not a real one. Its a Photoshop job.
Old 13th January 2006, 10:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

what launches from Nissan are expected this year?

they certainly wont survive on the x-trail only.
Old 13th January 2006, 11:37   #48
BHPian

Devarshi, i heard Nissan will be bringing in another of its cars soon to India. again, Nissan has its strategy all wrong! the X-trail is a big flopshow in india! and why not, its horrible! there is nothing in it worth the money u paying! the Terracan is FAR FAR FAR better choice than the X-trail! the Xtrail is good to be priced against the Tucson, CRV, Endeavour and Foresters!

Nissan is planning to launch a new car priced around 19-20 lks. its gonna be mostly the Sunny, which is also known as the Nissan Pulsar.
The interesting part is, the Pulsar is of a Corolla,Civic category world wide, and it wud be stupid to launch it at a price tag of 19-20lk! but this is for sure that the Sunny will not be the luxurious Nissan Maxima!

i simply adore the Maxima! luxurious, while sporty! unique design.

this is the case with Nissan...

Nissan X-trail - AU$32,000 onroad. (rs.10,00,000/-) whereas in India its Onroad Price is Rs.24,00,000/-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toyota Camry - Au$32,000 onroad (Rs.10,00,000/-) for the version sold in india. While they sell it at Rs.20lk onroad in India!

Toyota Corolla Fully loaded - AU$23,000 onroad (Rs.7,20,000/-) but sold in India for Rs.12.5 lks

the difference in low end cars are less, while the difference in the mid end cars are very high!

While Hyundai is selling the Accent 1.6lt model for (rs.5,25,000) in australia, and priced here for around 7lk.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 13th January 2006 at 11:55.
Old 13th January 2006, 11:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Nissan is planning to launch a new car priced around 19-20 lks. its gonna be mostly the Sunny, which is also known as the Nissan Pulsar.
The interesting part is, the Pulsar is of a Corolla,Civic category world wide, and it wud be stupid to launch it at a price tag of 19-20lk! but this is for sure that the Sunny will not be the luxurious Nissan Maxima!

i simply adore the Maxima! luxurious, while sporty! unique design.

It would be so foolish for them to launch the Sunny for that price which I think is the Sentra in US (correct me if I am wrong). It's pitted against the Accent here, forget Civic and Corolla.
Old 14th January 2006, 01:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

they should get the altima in at that kinda price bracket... Sunny sells in bangladesh for 12 lakhs ...
Old 14th January 2006, 05:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they should get the altima in at that kinda price bracket... Sunny sells in bangladesh for 12 lakhs ...
If this is true, then there is no reason Nissan will price it around 20 lakhs.

Many people may consider it a failure but x-trail has helped nissan setup office in India.

THey are doing pretty good worldwide with Honda and nissan fighting for the second position. Nissan is behind by a hairline.

NIssan cars are great, But I surely hope they correct the pricing in the Indian market if they want numbers.
Old 14th January 2006, 17:53   #52
BHPian

Devarshi, ur point about "nissan cars are great" is absolutely rite! i agree with u 100% but then, the X-trail is actually a big flop, and instead they should have launched teh Sunny or similar Sedan first, and then gone in for the SUV Market. In india even now, the SUV market is very small, compared to the Sedans.

Hopefully Nissan will correct its pricing and then they are sure to have a great run.
Old 14th January 2006, 20:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Devarshi, ur point about "nissan cars are great" is absolutely rite! i agree with u 100% but then, the X-trail is actually a big flop, and instead they should have launched teh Sunny or similar Sedan first, and then gone in for the SUV Market. In india even now, the SUV market is very small, compared to the Sedans.

Hopefully Nissan will correct its pricing and then they are sure to have a great run.
Guys, any updates on the Mitsubishi Outlander (reported initially as due in April 2006) that was supposed to take on the CRV?
Old 15th January 2006, 02:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Guys, any updates on the Mitsubishi Outlander (reported initially as due in April 2006) that was supposed to take on the CRV?

mitsubishi has 6 models lined up for release until may2006. Thats what various internet releases have stated. But Outlander has been the most talked about model after the lancer cedia. I guess Outlander will be probably out in March2006.

Quote:

NIssan has been pretty positive about its response from sales of X-trail in India. That is what I have found from the various threads on the internet.

X-trail is actually a very excellent vehicle again being a nissan. It is in a fierece competition with cehvrolet forester petrol which I will buy anyday over nissan crdi and with the saved money I can own a used bimota or ducati maybe.
Old 15th January 2006, 03:19   #55
BHPian

check this out..montera with a refined looks sets to outdo Prado...has the credentials to

take on M-class ..war of the titans..

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1420
Old 15th January 2006, 04:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
If this is true, then there is no reason Nissan will price it around 20 lakhs.

Many people may consider it a failure but x-trail has helped nissan setup office in India.

THey are doing pretty good worldwide with Honda and nissan fighting for the second position. Nissan is behind by a hairline.

NIssan cars are great, But I surely hope they correct the pricing in the Indian market if they want numbers.
rightly said brother ,
unfortuantely , such car makers can only impress majority of indian car buyers with better pricing instead of better cars ...Nissan and Honda are totally at par with eachother, Mitsu's make great cars too..such things are hard to judge in India where its more of the sales/ marketing teams competing instead of Cars themselves ... Technology and performance takes a back seat...
Old 15th January 2006, 07:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rightly said brother ,
unfortuantely , such car makers can only impress majority of indian car buyers with better pricing instead of better cars ...Nissan and Honda are totally at par with eachother, Mitsu's make great cars too..such things are hard to judge in India where its more of the sales/ marketing teams competing instead of Cars themselves ... Technology and performance takes a back seat...

rightly put turbo_lover. I hope Nissan reads our posts, gathers some feedback and acts soon.

While all the mags have praised the car and the kit, each and every verdict says the same thing. reduce prices.

since the time I saw the fx series suv and 350 series roadster and coupe I have like nissan cars.

btw: where in Windsor are you situated. I had been to Windsor on 30th december at a relatives place at Meadowbrooklane. come to Toronto sometimes and we can have a meetup.
Old 15th January 2006, 07:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rightly said brother ,

rightly put turbo_lover. I hope Nissan reads our posts, gathers some feedback and acts soon.

While all the mags have praised the car and the kit, each and every verdict says the same thing. reduce prices.

since the time I saw the fx series suv and 350 series roadster and coupe I have like nissan cars.

btw: where in Windsor are you situated. I had been to Windsor on 30th december at a relatives place at Meadowbrooklane. come to Toronto sometimes and we can have a meetup.
Old 15th January 2006, 08:02   #59
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Another is the new Mahindra Scorpio (will it have a different name from Scorpio?) with suspension & braking redesigned by Lotus Engineering, UK.
Old 15th January 2006, 18:31   #60
Team-BHP Support

Nope, neither Punto or multipla is coming soon.
Tata displayed its Xover concept on which a 2007 safari and minivan will be based.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks