Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 19:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

its a great news for small cars buyers as fiat is the world's best manufacturer fo small cars and tata has extensive experience oof servin to indian crowds and is now quite familiar with the indian small car market.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:33   #17
BHPian

long live tata
long live palio
long live good indian companies tata and maruti mahindra
cant wqait till jan 13th there was someone who was talking about this idea tha he wished tat builds palio and boy can you wish more good may be for a better scorpio
Old 11th January 2006, 20:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

New scorpio has a hood scoop and new tail lamps, however dont know what other mods? So your wishes are being granted!
Old 11th January 2006, 21:16   #19
BANNED

Hey, This is definitely better than Fiat just closing shop as definitely Fiat has some excellent cars and if handled well wud have out sold the others . As for re-sale increasing , I don't mind if it does or not as I will never sell my GTX .

GTO, the red GTX is avail allready so why wait ?? GO FOR IT -- V'll ahve another GTX member ...

Cheers
Old 11th January 2006, 21:24   #20
BHPian

tsk you are god for me
you got me the best news of the new year i rate this as the best for 2005 and 2006
let there be more i loved the info u gave on palio. satish anna i think you will be a happy man nowi think punto might be expensive ala cant be compared with swift but palio is as good as any latest models now maruti should hurry up the search for swift dieasel else large/whole porion of the pie is gonna go into tatas.
and by the way does any have the pics of new scorpio please i know everyone wants to know about it and before the mags pay some cash for the glimpse team bhp should know it . does this mean indica or else palio would be ignored and indica will continue with taxi tag ,there are lots of guys who still love indica(i dont mean end of days)but guys of course the person who opt for looks and diesel economy they may turn up for indica .this doubt is too early bus business india never goes wrong so the news is damn shot...and yes tatas must ignore one of the two either indica else palio

Last edited by trinadha : 11th January 2006 at 21:30.
Old 11th January 2006, 22:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Overdrive has the new scorpio pics in jan edition.
Old 11th January 2006, 22:09   #22
BHPian

for khaadu

i am also having a palio1.6
it is due for a change
but this tata-fiat thing is a surprise for me.
Old 12th January 2006, 11:22   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So if this tie-up happens, is Tata gonna use Fiat engines or vice-versa?? MUL is gonna use the Fiat Multijet diesel engines in the Wagon R and Swift later this year. So there's no way Fiat can allow Tata to use the same engines.
Old 12th January 2006, 11:29   #24
Team-BHP Support

Tata wont need the multijet as its got its own DICOR range. Its the petrol engines which make sense for tata. In petrol engine region Tata is woefully inadequate. Thats the reason its developing 1.4L petrol engines which pump out close to 100bhp. Now we know there the tech came from. Its very much possible that Fiat cars are sold by tata to compete with swift getz with the new 100bhp engine.
Apart from that tata could benefit in the interiors quality and electricals dept. With wagonR and swift Diesel and sedan coming their monoply in cheap diesel has been threatened for the first time. Palio D was never competition because of the 5lakh tag, but a swift diesel at 4.5lakh or a wagon R D at 4 lakh could seriously upset indica sales. So in that arena they will go with their DICOR.
there is a 2.2L DICOR for new safari too which comes out on the X2 platform next year.
Old 12th January 2006, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I have no experience of Tata dealers at Bangalore though.
I got far better service at Sundaram for my Siena 1.6 than what I am currently getting from Prerna for my Dicor !!!

Go figure........
Old 12th January 2006, 12:00   #26
DRC
BHPian

Yesterday Ii was at sundaram collectin g my Petra from some dent removing..
Guys there were , either very happily or desperately telling every one who came to their shop following words like parrots

" TATA is taking on Fiat, there will be 2 more Fiat dealers in Bangalore, Sundaram will pull out of Fiat alliance because of their relations with Ashok Leyland which competes TATA trucks, Trident is one of the dealers, who also has Garuda GM and cauvery Ford, arrangement will be like the Daewoo GM relationship, Tata will sell the Fiat products"

I can not believe all of the words as some contradict each other..

But what ever that means!!
Old 12th January 2006, 12:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tata wont need the multijet as its got its own DICOR range. Its the petrol engines which make sense for tata. In petrol engine region Tata is woefully inadequate. Thats the reason its developing 1.4L petrol engines which pump out close to 100bhp. Now we know there the tech came from. Its very much possible that Fiat cars are sold by tata to compete with swift getz with the new 100bhp engine.
Apart from that tata could benefit in the interiors quality and electricals dept. With wagonR and swift Diesel and sedan coming their monoply in cheap diesel has been threatened for the first time. Palio D was never competition because of the 5lakh tag, but a swift diesel at 4.5lakh or a wagon R D at 4 lakh could seriously upset indica sales. So in that arena they will go with their DICOR.
there is a 2.2L DICOR for new safari too which comes out on the X2 platform next year.
makes sence
I have been saying this for long time that TATA should discontinue Indica Petrol & let Palio take fight to petrol rivals
because Indica petrol isn't selling in numbers and engine is quite lazy
instead launch 1.4/1.3 (in place of 1.2) L petrol Palio or even a complete new product from FIAT Europe & let it fight in petrol ring
while TATA should focus on what they do best, Diesel segment

and TATA might also bring out rival to Innova with FIAT IDEA
Old 12th January 2006, 12:45   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and TATA might also bring out rival to Innova with FIAT IDEA
That will be job for new X2 platform which will host the new safari and a new MuV. something like Fortuner and innova being on same platform. Hopefully they will not go the toyota way in pricing. Toyota charges 40% more for fortuner though the cost difference in innova and fortuner is not that great.
Old 12th January 2006, 12:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is great news definitely and Palio GTX still even to date remains the best looking small car (inlcuding Getz and Swift) for me in India!
Old 12th January 2006, 16:46   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, the red GTX is avail allready so why wait ?? GO FOR IT -- V'll ahve another GTX member ...
Because I still have my doubts over Fiats existence in India. And will feel secure with a 5 lac purchase only if Tata is backing the product.

GTO

Most Viewed