Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2019, 20:48   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ordeal Log: Maruti Suzuki ASC Denies Over-the-counter sales of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Just locate an MGP shop and go there

http://mgp.co.in/#section-2
Apart from the car dealer and ASC, Maruti has had a whole chain of authorised spare dealers all over the country for decades.

Hence, it would be better if you can approach any of such authorised spares dealer in your vicinity. Maruti car owners alongwith owners of only a handful of other makes have this privilege. As such authorised spares retail outlets are alien to many other car makers.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 03:48   #272
BANNED

This is news to me, I'm basically from Kollam and there though we have a dedicated MGP store, spares can be bought from the ASC as well.

As for being present with the vehicle, last summer from the Sarathy ASC I had purchased a few sets of door handles for an Omni that was in Africa due to spares being pricey there, the transaction went just as it would at the Popular MGP store.

I was a bit surprised when we were denied the spare as it was a first for me with MS, anyhow MS has reached out to provide details of the vehicle in question which I have forwarded to them a while ago.

Lets see how this goes, If in fact OTC is prohibited then I would love to hear the news directly from the horses mouth.

We could just get the spare from another MGP outlet as there are three of them in Trivandrum equidistant from where we stay, but honestly it doesn't make much sense for me to drive 20km's just to get spares when the ASC is just a few footsteps away i.e unless left without an option.

Will post updates as and when I receive the same.

Thanks,
A.P.
Old 13th April 2019, 06:28   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
(I had got spares for my swift some couple of years back and I hope that it has not shut the shop). If I remember correctly it was run by Popular group and the search in internet threw the following result

Attachment 1867751
They haven't shut shop, they just got a new name board which hasn't been updated in google maps yet. It now says Suzuki Genuine Spares and the board is in blue color and only the Suzuki logo is present (if my memory serves me right).

Quote:
Oh I thought that Service centers cannot sell the spares via OTC, that's why they have dedicated spare shops like the one in Ullor
That's what the guys at INDUS motors in Murinjapalam told me when I asked for an inexpensive and easily available spare part (it was a radiator cap or thermostat) . They told me that they wont sell the part and I can either bring the car and get the part replaced from them or buy it from the MGP store in Uloor.

At the FCA ASS, things are way easier. You can walk in to the parts division and give the part numbers and they'll hand you the parts once the billing is done. No questions asked.

Last time, I went to buy a turbo outlet hose and while I was at the store, I thought of getting engine oil and filters. They told me that they do not stock the Selenia oil in 1L or 3.5L bottles and only had the big barrel. Since I wasn't carrying any oil cans with me, I told them I'd get come for the oil later or get it elsewhere. But they were happy to search and find an empty oil can for me! I walked out with everything that I had asked for in less than 15 minutes I was surprised by their willingness to help even when I told them that I'm getting the work done by myself

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 13th April 2019 at 06:29.
--gKrish-- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 13:01   #274
Senior - BHPian

Re: CCI vs Car Manufacturers : Restricting over-the-counter sales of spare parts

Most of the service centres do not sell spare parts. That is the job of MGP shops. Spares with service centres are for their own consumption and not for sale. This is similar (though not exactly) to restaurants refusing to sell raw materials.
Aroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 22:41   #275
BHPian

Re: CCI vs Car Manufacturers : Restricting over-the-counter sales of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most of the service centres do not sell spare parts. That is the job of MGP shops. Spares with service centres are for their own consumption and not for sale. This is similar (though not exactly) to restaurants refusing to sell raw materials.
Sorry, but I cant fully agree to that analogy. For me it is like eating the food in the restaurant while some one serves me (servicing at dealership) compared to to-go/taking the food as a parcel to eat at home (DIY at home).

Especially during periods like these (Covid-19), I much prefer to do works on my car on my own. Who knows how many people will touch my car in a dealership and how safe will it be on delivery. After all PM says self reliance is the mantra for this year!
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:28   #276

Tried to get parts from VW ASS, they outright refused to sell. Called customer service to confirm if it's company policy and they said YES.

Looks like VW wants to hold consumers to ransom and is mocking us. Would like to see them pull this thing in USA, EU.
Old 7th December 2022, 16:02   #277
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda is at it again. Even well known workshops are having problem procuring the HONDA parts. It is shame that in spite of court ruling, companies are doing this malpractice.

recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks