Team-BHP - 1 crore cars by Maruti
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   1 crore cars by Maruti (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98092-1-crore-cars-maruti.html)

Maruti rolled out its ten millionth car, a Wagon-R!

High Points

- Maruti Suzuki rolls out its 1 Crore (Ten Millionth) car, the first car manufacturer in India to achieve the landmark.

- The historic 1 Crore car, a Blue coloured WagonR VXi, rolled out from the Company’s Gurgaon plant.

- With this landmark achievement, Maruti Suzuki becomes the only Indian car company that makes its entry into the select club of automobile manufacturers across the globe who have crossed this milestone.

- With over 900 sales outlets and 2900 service workshops, Maruti Suzuki has the largest sales and service network in India.

- With two manufacturing facilities and a combined manufacturing capacity of 10 lakh (1 million) cars a year, Maruti Suzuki currently produces over 12 lakh (1.2 million) units per annum. The Company is setting up two new plants which will bring in an additional annual capacity of 500,000 (0.5 million) units. Once these new facilities are in place by 2013, the Company will have a capacity to manufacture over 17 lakh (1.7 million) units annually.

Wow! Amazing milestone by MSIL. Kudos. Who's the second BTW? I bet its nowhere close to these holy digits :thumbs up

Thats quick ! Because , they've crossed 80 lakh mark , just 19 months back !
MSIL is on a roll !
Thumbs up for this achievement !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2279128)
Wow! Amazing milestone by MSIL. Kudos. Who's the second BTW? I bet its nowhere close to these holy digits :thumbs up

Hearty congratulations to Maruti. Truly its a Indian manufacturer to make cars which suit Indians.

MSIL reached mark of 5 Million cars in first 22 years i.e. in 2005 after starting there business way back in 1983. Next 5 million cars they made in just 6 years !!! Any guesses when they will reach next 5 million cars ??? I guess they will complete it by 2015 i.e. in next 4 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 2279172)
Hearty congratulations to Maruti. Truly its a Indian manufacturer to make cars which suit Indians.

Well congratulations to Suzuki, and this is a big news.

That said Maruti is no more an Indian manufacturer (though India is the biggest success and biggest market with major plants) today with Suzuki from Japan having the majority ownership (50% +) Infact all the newer cars go purely with the Suzuki tag without the Maruti Suzuki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 2279207)
Well congratulations to Suzuki, and this is a big news.

+1.
For Suzuki, it is indeed a great achievement. Great show by the Japs :thumbs up

I will give credit to Rajiv Gandhi for this.
With MSIL rolling out so many cars, His Vision of "1 car per family" will soon be a reality IMO. Or is it already a reality?

I feel happy that I've been a part of this success by using MSIL's longest selling M800.

Best Wishes Suzuki
Best wishes Maruti
Thankyou Rajiv Gandhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 2279172)

MSIL reached mark of 5 Million cars in first 22 years i.e. in 2005 after starting there business way back in 1983. Next 5 million cars they made in just 6 years !!! Any guesses when they will reach next 5 million cars ??? I guess they will complete it by 2015 i.e. in next 4 years

In fact Maruti is planning to complete the next 10 Mn cars in the next 6-7 years. See this link

Maruti aims to produce one crore cars in next 6-7 years | mydigitalfc.com

That's one helluva performance, Maruti clap:clap: Congratulations! To control 50% of the market, and still emerge as the brand that tops customer satisfaction records, is an even bigger achievement.

The word on the street - anywhere in India - is "You can't go wrong with a Maruti". Well-priced hatchbacks (and entry sedans), fuel efficiency, stellar reliability, low maintenance and good resale.....talk about pushing all the hot buttons.

Get this : The Maruti Alto alone outsells all the products (combined) of the no. 2 manufacturer in India.

This is a big day for MSIL ! But they've rightly chose not to celebrate the milestone , due to the recent turmoil in japan .

Its odd how we only consider Honda and Toyota to be the Japs in India when discussing Jap cars and forget that the biggest one of all Suzuki is a Jap as well. Of course late RG also deserves credit for this.

Jap car together control about 60% of our market share and with Toyota going from strength to strength this will only grow. I guess with the kind of market share that Suzuki has it can only come down in market share terms but then remaining at 50% plus for so long is an achievement by itself.

:thumbs upThats a stunning acheivement for a company which majorly caters to the Indian market alone. Hearty congrats Maruti-Suzuki!

To still control more than 50% of the Indian market even after the advent of all global and Indian manufacturers and to do so in the most satisfying way for customers (still #1 for years together in all SSI, CSI surveys) is truly remarkable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2279128)

The second is obviously Hyundai but as you said they are far far away. They reached the 3 Millionth milestone in Aug-2010 IIRC.

The 1 crore celebration is stopped owing to earthquake+tsunami hit at Japan

Wow! A big achievement for Maruti Suzuki! And I indeed feel happy own one of their car's. But I do wish they improve the material quality of their cars as that would improve their numbers even more! But still, this indeed is a great achievement! Congrats MS! The way their cars are being sold, I think they would achieve the next 10 million within 10 years! Great!

1 crore in close to 30 years. The next crore will be achieved much quicker, at their current monthly sales of 1lakh+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM
That said Maruti is no more an Indian manufacturer today with Suzuki from Japan having the majority ownership (50% +)

I am not sure if nationality is solely about who owns the major stake. As a technicality, you would be right ie. before Suzuki took majority control, it was an Indian company, but with 50%+ share, it is now a Jap-owned company. But for me, even when it was Indian in equity terms, the culture/technology etc was Jap.

BTW, JLR is today in the Tata fold - does that make it an Indian company (other than in ownership) ? To me, it still is a Brit company - tomorrow some German/Serbian/Australian entity might buy it from Tata and we keep changing the company's nationality ? On the JLR home page, alongside the Tata logo, this is what is mentioned :

"Jaguar Land Rover is a business built around two great British car brands that design, engineer and manufacture in the UK. Jaguar Land Rover is part of Tata Motors, India's largest automobile company."

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM
Its odd how we only consider Honda and Toyota to be the Japs in India when discussing Jap cars and forget that the biggest one of all Suzuki is a Jap as well.

Don't know about others, but to me Suzuki is Jap and that heritage is what endears me to their cars. I have extensively used a 1985 M800 (more Jap than Indian) and then a '99 M800 (more Indian than Jap) and know firsthand the difference between both.

And unlike the general mindset, I see them on the same level as Honda / Toyota, when it comes to Jap reliability and bullet-proof-ness. Infact in the Indian context, I think Honda/Toyota can earn their place alongside Suzuki when I see their early City/Corollas from the end-nineties cruise along without issues in 2025, like the M800s from the eighties do today. :)