Team-BHP - *Rumour* : GM to introduce the Baojun 630 sedan in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   *Rumour* : GM to introduce the Baojun 630 sedan in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98156-rumour-gm-introduce-baojun-630-sedan-india.html)

Autobild has a report on GM introducing a sedan to compete in the Etios/Dzire/Manza category. The sedan is supposed to be the Baojun 630, which was recently introduced in China. The Baojun is a new name plate introduced by GM and SAIC and slots in below the Chevrolet name plate.

Pictures can be seen here:
*Rumour* : GM to introduce the Baojun 630 sedan in India-gmbaojun630sedanfrontview.jpg
*Rumour* : GM to introduce the Baojun 630 sedan in India-gmbaojun630sedanrearsideview.jpg
*Rumour* : GM to introduce the Baojun 630 sedan in India-gmbaojun630sedaninterior.jpg

Image Source: WOT is This – Part 135 - WOT

Doesn't look bad at all. Much better than DZire/Manza/Etios. Infact I find it better than the to-be-launched new Verna!

Though I am skeptical about Chinese brands.

The car looks big. If this car comes at Dzire range, where does that leave new UVA / Aveo ? I see at least UVA overlapping with this car !

Looks large to compete with Etios, Dzire, Manza, etc. Interiors design suggest a GM infulence. Even though this is "Chinese" looks interesting.

The boot and tail lamps look very similar to the previous gen BMW 5 series. But overall a very pleasing design. The interior too seems to be good, although there seems to be nothing special (appearance- wise, that is)

Nothing too striking about it. The Chinese origins ring the wrong bells. The interiors look boring too. Definitely looks better than the Etios/D'zire.

Look wise exteriors are good, much better than the mentioned competeion. But the centre console is like a after market job, like a piller placed "bang". Quality only GM would be able to tell

Wow! Looks great! Size-wise and looks-wise, it appears more like a D segment car.

Looks good inside out compared to Manza/Etios/Dzire. I doubt it will be in the range of these three. If at all it comes to India, IMO it will replace Aveo which means it will compete with SX4/Verna/Fiesta and likes.

Looks a little bigger than the manza and desire. It should be good value for money once Chevrolet waves its magic wand and makes the necessary changes to bring it up to its corporate standards of reliability. I do hope they get the price right as this segment seems to be really hotting up.

P.S I agree, it does look very nice design wise

Zakkkas hai Gadi !!!

It looks really a good premium car. Are you sure it is going to competing with Dzire & Manza ? At 5-6 lacs it looks a great bet. Car has nice, stylish looks for sure. Size wise it looks like similar to Corolla. Any more details like what engine it may have? They have diesel ? Manza & Dzire are mainly successful due to there diesel options.

Funny how perceptions change fast once the relative information is divulged. Was drooling at the car & was thinking to myself this is better looking than the Kizashi & will add another contender in that segment, until being corrected in my thoughts, albeit pleasantly.
I can see a sun/moon roof. Is this really targeted in the Etios/Manza/Dzire segment? Of course, it would then be stripped off all the premium features. Sigh! Notwithstanding, bring it on GM. India & China may infuse the much needed second life to the languishing Detroit corporations :)

This could be very good replacement for Optra, if built in India :), priced well and offered in diesel.

Another speculation apart from ,http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...dia-bound.html and the Sail .
God knows , what Chevrolet is going to bring ! This Baojun is a nice , contemporary looking car though !

Baojun? Reminds me of a political party with a similar sounding name. Anyone know what it means?