Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2011, 13:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai accent transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
The thing is, India is no longer as serious a market for Hyundai as it was before. That's why we're seeing a drop in design, quality and customer relations of late. India is a production base where they make cars for Europe.

The Accent is one of the old school vehicles, which is more expensive to make. It doesn't make sense to add to the production overhead by doing extensive redesign, especially when the volumes are nothing to write Seoul about!
Your statement is partly right and partly not. Yes, there has been a huge drop in customer relations and customer satisfaction over the last few years in India. Agreed!

But, the statement "India is no longer as serious a market" is false IMO. If you see, Hyundai launched the latest all-new models first here in India and then launched them in Europe and elsewhere. The i10, i20 and i10 F/L all came to India first before the rest of the world. That's because India is the hub for small cars.

All the bigger cars would be launched internationally first and then come to India. This year is going to see a spate of launches by Hyundai going by the cars being tested in Chennai - New Verna, i45 and New 800cc Small Car.

Coming back to this Accent F/L, its a 12 year old unchanged design. So, by now, all investments would have paid off and every car would be earning a good profit.
Old 19th March 2011, 16:51   #32
BHPian

Atrocious. If they still want to sell Accent, they would have at least given a thought of transforming Accent Viva with black interiors!!! That will have looked new and will have great potential.
Old 19th March 2011, 17:10   #33
Team-BHP Support

A car requires a dignified death, just like a person would.

So putting the Accent on life-support by throwing in new chrome dentures isn't going to help Hyundai. I think Hyundai is having a hard time letting go. The rest of the World has seen the new Accent a.k.a. Verna. And here, they are still trying to flog something that rightfully belongs to the last decade.

Good move Hyundai. Bah.
Old 19th March 2011, 20:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

IMO a Bhpian would have done a better & eye-pleasing job the the CHROMERS of Hyundai team
Old 19th March 2011, 20:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

The looks are just about okay. Hyundai seems to have raided the parts bin of Verna and with a few modifications done this to the Accent.

While they were continuing with the Accent, I do not think it makes sense going with only petrol option. Hyundai Accent diesel sold very good numbers. It commands good resale value too. So they should have had a diesel option too as long as they continue to sell Accent.
Old 19th March 2011, 21:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

It looks good to me. Frankly, the ACCENT is the only 'complete' car that one can buy in that segement - one that has not been derived from a hatch but has been designed from a clean page.

Guess this will allow HYUNDAI to flog the ACCENT for a couple of more years.
Old 21st March 2011, 14:33   #37
BHPian

I guess what they are doing is 'STOCK CLEARANCE'. The people at hyundai are surely not this stupid to continue with their age old designs and just want to milk the last few numbers out of the accent before they phase out the car.
Old 21st March 2011, 15:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
If you see, Hyundai launched the latest all-new models first here in India and then launched them in Europe and elsewhere. The i10, i20 and i10 F/L all came to India first before the rest of the world.
Both i20 and i10F/L weren't launched in India first.

i20 was launched in Europe.
i10 F/L was launched in Korea.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Both i20 and i10F/L weren't launched in India first.

i10 F/L was launched in Korea.
The i10 F/L was showcased in Korea as an electic car or something like that IIRC. But, I am sure, the i10 F/L went on sale in India first before the rest of the world.

And when it comes to small cars, Hyundai gives equal importance to India like the rest of the world, when it comes to models. Its only in the customer relations department, Hyundai India is far behind other countries.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

The i10 and i20 is not even sold in Korea. Surprised? You should be.

현대자동차
Old 21st March 2011, 16:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The i10 and i20 is not even sold in Korea. Surprised? You should be.

현대자동차
Thats true Sid! i10 and i20 have never been a part of Hyundai's lineup in Korea. Only Kia Picanto (based on Santro/Atos) is sold there. Only the i10 Electric prototype was showcased in Korea.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Official pic :

Hyundai accent transform-accent-2011-edition_resized.jpg

Hyundai launches refreshed Accent | Autocar India
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Jeese, what have they done to good ol' Accent? Accent was a great looker in its days. And not bad even now. But this? Hyundai should have rather stopped making Accent than give us this oddity.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully they didn't facelift the Accent with "Darth Vader" face, like they did with the refreshed i10 and the new soon to be launched Verna RB. The Darth Vader face on the Accent would have been blasphemy

Last edited by skanchan95 : 24th March 2011 at 09:35.
Old 24th March 2011, 17:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

New possibilities!

I see this from i10, Verna and now Accent! Smart!

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks