Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 18:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura vRS

I too heard about the RS in 2011. Waiting eagerly for the 200bhp TSI.
Old 9th February 2011, 18:57   #47
BHPian

Autocar, in their October 2010 issue have said that the vRS will be coming to India in 2011, but with the same 1.8 TSi engine that powers the normal Laura. Changes will be to the suspension and interiors. Expected price: Around 14 lakhs.
I can't afford one yet, but am still waiting eagerly for it!
Old 9th February 2011, 20:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Autocar, in their October 2010 issue have said that the vRS will be coming to India in 2011, but with the same 1.8 TSi engine that powers the normal Laura. Changes will be to the suspension and interiors. Expected price: Around 14 lakhs.
I can't afford one yet, but am still waiting eagerly for it!
Whats a VRS without a 200 Bhp engine ?? And just 14 lakhs !!! I don't think so. Expect 20+ price range for the VRS if it really is coming to India.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:14   #49
BHPian

Can't be the same 160 bhp engine. Also price would move up north for sure.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

I think the Vrs would basically be the tsi with all the features. If they do get a more powerful engine then great, but somehow I doubt it. Hopefully they will introduce the 7 speed DSG on that too.

Of course even the 170bhp tdi is welcome.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:22   #51
BHPian

Skoda could bring in the vRS badging (Read, spoilers, modified bumpers, skirts, alloys etc) with the existing TSi package (Read engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes etc) at a price close to ~14L. This would make sense from Skoda's perspective to mop up some extra revenue from the market

If Skoda decides to bring the vRS (as it exists in European markets), complete with 2.0 TSi engine and DSG Gearbox, the costs would shoot up, as these components in themselves cost more, would require homologation in India and also, would demand a different "Supply Chain" setup for both production and maintenance. This could well push the cost to closer towards ~20L.

Given these, it'd boil down to Skoda to figure out which gives them margins/volumes mix that they're targetting.

IMHO, Skoda might opt for Option 1.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:41   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjain2k View Post
Skoda could bring in the vRS badging (Read, spoilers, modified bumpers, skirts, alloys etc) with the existing TSi package (Read engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes etc) at a price close to ~14L. This would make sense from Skoda's perspective to mop up some extra revenue from the market

If Skoda decides to bring the vRS (as it exists in European markets), complete with 2.0 TSi engine and DSG Gearbox, the costs would shoot up, as these components in themselves cost more, would require homologation in India and also, would demand a different "Supply Chain" setup for both production and maintenance. This could well push the cost to closer towards ~20L.

Given these, it'd boil down to Skoda to figure out which gives them margins/volumes mix that they're targetting.

IMHO, Skoda might opt for Option 1.
Remember the 2.0t engine is already in the Audi A4, and it is manufactured in India. So it might not be such a hassle for skoda to get that engine either.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Remember the 2.0t engine is already in the Audi A4, and it is manufactured in India. So it might not be such a hassle for skoda to get that engine either.
But launching that in a the Laura might kill the A4 sales especially if it comes in the LnK trim.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
But launching that in a the Laura might kill the A4 sales especially if it comes in the LnK trim.

I doubt that would affect the A4 sales. Even if it comes in the L&K trim for an RS, the price would not be as steep as the A4. From the existing 20lac+ price of the L&K it might go upto say 22 or 23, not more than that.

What i heard from Europa Auto, is that the RS MIGHT be on its way in the later half of this year. Even they have no clue (as always ).
Old 11th February 2011, 21:54   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

The RS version is a trim, similar to the L&K, so there are very bleak chances of an RS bring launched in L&K guise.
Skoda could launch the 2.0T, but I doubt they would due to cost reasons. I believe they will launch the 1.8T, just like they did with the Octavia. What makes the RS special is the trim it comes with on top of the regular 1.8T Laura.
This trim allows the car to enjoy its power; thanks to the stiffer suspension, bigger tyres and alloys. It also comes with all the sporty bits that customers would want.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

So the RS will come with the 2.0 TSi (200 Bhp version) or the 2.0 TFSi (the 211 Bhp version)? given the Laura already offers 160 Bhp, one of the above two engines are required on an RS version, don't you think?
Old 11th February 2011, 23:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The RS version is a trim, similar to the L&K, so there are very bleak chances of an RS bring launched in L&K guise.
Skoda could launch the 2.0T, but I doubt they would due to cost reasons. I believe they will launch the 1.8T, just like they did with the Octavia. What makes the RS special is the trim it comes with on top of the regular 1.8T Laura.
This trim allows the car to enjoy its power; thanks to the stiffer suspension, bigger tyres and alloys. It also comes with all the sporty bits that customers would want.
And hopefully in Red or Yellow (Like the Octavia VRS) with a sun-roof and all black interiors! I want
Old 12th February 2011, 03:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@anekho: Yes! Red and Yellow, along with the nice dark blue that some Laura vRS have been seen in. Black interiors, and a sunroof, DSG option, and chrome/silver inserts.
IIRC, the new Laura L&K doesnt have a sunroof anymore.
Given how the Octavia TPi Rider and the vRS shared the same engine, there is a high possibility that the vRS will also come with the 160BHP 1.8Lt engine.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@anekho: Yes! Red and Yellow, along with the nice dark blue that some Laura vRS have been seen in. Black interiors, and a sunroof, DSG option, and chrome/silver inserts.
IIRC, the new Laura L&K doesnt have a sunroof anymore.
Given how the Octavia TPi Rider and the vRS shared the same engine, there is a high possibility that the vRS will also come with the 160BHP 1.8Lt engine.

Very true. The Red and Yellow seems the best suited on the vRS.
As far as sun roof is concerned, the existing L&K does not have them. It has been removed from all Laura's post the Face Lift.
And yes, given the success of the 1.8lt Octi RS, the Laura RS may also be launched in the same trim and not the 2.0lt one.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:04   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

One small update (or food for more speculation :-)
I asked the service guys at Asset Auto about the Laura RS (when I was there a few days ago for the first service of my TSI). The answer was "no sir, Laura RS will not be launched. You know what happend to the Octavia RS, right? Fail geli ti gaadi (means it was a failure)"...

So I am sure Laura RS is just round the corner...

I am fond of listening to such wise men at the dealerships...
BTW, the guy made such a face while saying this as if he and I - both have seen through the bad times - all those years that Octi RS was being sold, you know... so I asked him how long he is with Asset or Skoda and he said just a few months. He was with Tata before...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks