Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 12:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
Frank,Dont know much about the Octavia and Superb,but the Laura I test drove had pathetic suspension set up for slow city speeds.The ride quality is what you expect from a car meant to go well around corners-stiff,but it is not at all pliant or soft.There is too much noise filtering through at low speeds,especially on cement roads which just does'nt give you a feeling of luxury and class.
Typical Euro setup - stiff and booming. Will take corners but will make a big hue and cry about it.
Old 19th September 2006, 14:30   #17
BHPian

Diesel New Octavia VRS (known as Laura In India)

Received my copy of the anniversary issue (Overdrive) yesterday. Theres an article on the NEW Octavia (Known as the Laura in India - still trying to figure out why though) diesel VRS. 2.0 litre TDI PD producing 172 PS. Massive torque at 350NM available right from 1800 RPM. 0-100 in 8.5 seconds and top whack of 225Kmph. maasive upgrade from the 1.9 which is currently available in the Indian version.

Now thats one diesel I would really want to own. Anyone in Skoda India listening ?

Last edited by Sideways : 19th September 2006 at 14:35.
Old 19th September 2006, 19:12   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yesterday I saw a new spanking Red Laura vRS. No pics because no cam-phone.

Same vRS batch on front grill and rear along with a spoiler and rectangular exhaust.
My guess is...you saw a regular Laura with an enterprising owner, who flicked badges from an Octy RS
Old 20th September 2006, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
My guess is...you saw a regular Laura with an enterprising owner, who flicked badges from an Octy RS
The whole body kit is officially avaialble with the dealer which includes the body kit, spoiler,17inch wheels and the all important vRS badge
Old 21st September 2006, 11:03   #20
BHPian

Guys here are a few pics of the Laura RS i clicked at the Auto Expo.

Old 21st September 2006, 11:16   #21
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
The whole body kit is officially avaialble with the dealer which includes the body kit, spoiler,17inch wheels and the all important vRS badge
I saw the same car of which pics are posted by carholic.
How will I come to know whether the badges are flicked or done up by dealer?

Last edited by F50 : 21st September 2006 at 11:18.
Old 21st September 2006, 21:55   #22

Amazing Spec for this Car... lets see how it fits with already lined up ones in terms of price.
Old 21st September 2006, 22:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

Hey GTO, i think what he saw was a real Laura vRS, coz even i saw one in Aurangabad some time back. Even the Fabia is spotted many a times doing rounds in Aurangabad.

Now i didnt notice the "octavia/laura" tag on the left side of the boot, but i did notice that on the right side they had the tag "DSG AUTOMATIC" which as such doesnt come with any kit, and comes as standard in DSG octavias in Uk.

News is year end or next year early they are definately coming with the vRS as high demand with dealers for it.
Old 22nd September 2006, 09:56   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, that certainly is great news then! That engine finally sees its way into the newer and better Octavia.
Old 22nd September 2006, 10:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Well, that certainly is great news then! That engine finally sees its way into the newer and better Octavia.
Cannot be repeated too often so here goes... If only they would sack all the existing dealers and go for new decent setups
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Have confirmed company sources who say that the Laura vRS (diesel) will make it here. It does have a DSG option (mind you the engine is same as the 2.0-litre PD on the Passat).

It is expected next year but no date has been put on it. 170PS and 350Nm of max torque should give the car enough grunt to see 220kmph on the clock.

Revv
Old 23rd September 2006, 02:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Typical Euro setup - stiff and booming. Will take corners but will make a big hue and cry about it.
That is so true.Most European cars have that stiff suspension set up,even my Palio 1.6.But the problem with the Laura is that the road noise is a bit too much.Most of its buyers are rear seaters, who look for downright comfort more than anything else.Add to that is the fact that the PD engine is noisy,especially when the windows are down.So as a luxury car,its thumbs down from me.As a driver's car though,it fares well.
The only exception to that Euro set up were the Opels that were sold in India.I am yet to come across a better ride on anything that has four wheels.(Not considering the superexpensive cars).Infact my uncle wanted to buy the LAURA,but he felt that his humble Astra was a lot more comfortable on the road.
Old 23rd September 2006, 10:14   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, The Astra had interiors that still beat many sedans from the 8 lac segment.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:42   #29

Right on dude....the best part about my corsa is its ride....even though the engine is not as responsive as i'd like the ride really makes up for it....it actually helps me drive faster
Old 11th September 2007, 16:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster View Post
Hi,

Have confirmed company sources who say that the Laura vRS (diesel) will make it here. It does have a DSG option (mind you the engine is same as the 2.0-litre PD on the Passat).

It is expected next year but no date has been put on it. 170PS and 350Nm of max torque should give the car enough grunt to see 220kmph on the clock.

Revv
Does it mean Laura vRS is only as good as passat. I was hoping the vRS to be the fastest car below 25 Lakhs segment. Something really worth waiting for...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks