Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 10:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Is the VW Golf likely to be launched in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Golf and Sirocco are enthusiast cars.(
Scirocco maybe, but definitely not the Golf in its normal avtars. It's VWs bread and butter car in Europe. Its direct competitors are the Fiat Bravo, Renault Megane, etc. All family hatchbacks.

The "scoop" is probably just because ACI ran out of articles for the issue.

I do agree the CBU may be priced very close to the A class, and wont make any impact in the Indian market. But in the unlikely event that VW slots it in between the Vento and the Jetta, many people may consider it over the lacklusture D segment offerings currently available in India. It is an extremely practical car, one that I'd love to own if priced reasonably.
Old 24th June 2014, 15:01   #62
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2014 at 17:33.
Mohitkumaar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th July 2014, 20:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate the Golf to be offered in India as CBU and would be a premium product and will rival BMW's X1 and Mercedes's A Class.

Expected in late 2015.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...-launch-india/
Old 24th June 2015, 14:48   #64
BHPian

As per this report, Golf is expected to be launched at Polo GT TSI/TDI price! This is unbelievable even when its planned to be manufactured within India.

http://www.cartrade.com/volkswagen-cars/golf

However with 108 BHP on tap, the maximum power of the Golf seems to be approximately close to the Polo GT TSI/TDI siblings. With a 2000cc engine, we could expect more. These figures makes me wonder if this information is true or just a hoax.
Old 22nd December 2016, 15:01   #65
BHPian

Volkswagen keen to bring the Golf GTI to India

Volkswagen hints at possibility of bringing Golf GTI to India as its hot hatch market matures.

Source (Autocar)
Quote:
“There are more GTIs in the Volkswagen family, so something else might come in 2018 or 2019. We are looking at the Golf GTI. There's always a point of time where the Golf makes an inroad into a market, but it’s never at the very first moment. But there is a point where the Golf will make an inroad into the Indian market,” Michael Mayer, director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India told Autocar India in an exclusive interview.
But knowing how ridiculously the Polo GTI was priced, its better they don't get it . If they do then I hope they do the CKD way
vin_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 16:06   #66
BHPian

Keeping Polo GTi's price in mind let me ask, what's the price of a Golf GTi ? 1 Crore ?
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:57   #67
BHPian

Do anyone have any info on how much polo GTI has been sold out of the 99 cars.
I hope they get the price right for the Golf.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 10:57   #68
BHPian

Volkswagen do your homework first and introduce proper 4 cylinder petrol engine for Polo before even thinking about Golf (TSI is very expensive). If not at least release one variant with 6 airbags. If your bread and butter "Polo" is not even competent in its class in terms of refinement and nvh, then what is the point in bringing more expensive models

I am currently researching automatic petrol hatchbacks with full safety feature and I could not find a single automatic with curtain air bags
But few of them offers 6 airbags in their manual version
1. Figo has 6 airbags in Titanium plus ( but AT has only 2 )
2. Hyundai I20 Asta (O) & 1.2 SX active ( AT has only 2 )

Atleast VW should have shown courtesy to Indian customers by introducing Polo TSI with 6 airbags as there is not much price difference between elder TSI sibling Vento

Last edited by rahulskumar : 26th December 2016 at 11:13. Reason: added more details
Old 26th December 2016, 11:34   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Volkswagen do your homework first and introduce proper 4 cylinder petrol engine for Polo before even thinking about Golf (TSI is very expensive). If not at least release one variant with 6 airbags. If your bread and butter "Polo" is not even competent in its class in terms of refinement and nvh, then what is the point in bringing more expensive models

I am currently researching automatic petrol hatchbacks with full safety feature and I could not find a single automatic with curtain air bags
But few of them offers 6 airbags in their manual version
1. Figo has 6 airbags in Titanium plus ( but AT has only 2 )
2. Hyundai I20 Asta (O) & 1.2 SX active ( AT has only 2 )

Atleast VW should have shown courtesy to Indian customers by introducing Polo TSI with 6 airbags as there is not much price difference between elder TSI sibling Vento

Unless and until safety standards are mandated by the GOI by way of new/amended legislation, car manufacturers will continue to be lax about safety and will take advantage of it by indulging in cost-cutting exercises.

The right time to introduce the Golf, in my opinion, is when VW exhausts the Polo GTI kits. It will be a great alternative to the other expensive hatchbacks like the A-Class / 1-Series / V40.

The Golf will be a nice addition to the VW range, but I don't see them pricing it sensibly. It will be on par with the Jetta (maybe even more), in my opinion.

Most Viewed