Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:56   #1
BHPian

Toyota Estima in Bangalore

I dont know if this is already discussed and torn apart. But, I saw a brand new [registered, owner vehicle] Toyota Estima when I left my office.
I believe, its NOT Avanza.

It exactly looked like what you see here Toyota Estima - Toyota Estima Pictures, Videos, Features And More

To my surprise, In a petrol bunk near Hudson circle [Bangalore folks would know], I saw a test drive Estima as well.

So, is Estima launched already ? From what I see in web, it seems to be a Hybrid version !

Prem.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Estima in Bangalore

Regarding the new MUV from Toyota, it was discussed some time back here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...muv-india.html
No news after this regarding the new MUV from Toyota, may be they are thinking about it again.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:05   #3
BHPian

No news of a launch. Could be an import. No idea about the TD vehicle though.
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:00   #4
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Like Tapish says the car spotted by you must be an import. If Toyota decides to launch the Estima, wonder where they would position it?
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:01   #5
BHPian

There was a black Toyota Estima in Chennai which was sold to someone in Bangalore; it might be the same Estima (my guess). AFAIK there are no plans to launch Estima in India any time now.
Old 23rd March 2011, 06:44   #6
BHPian

No, it was not black. The one I saw was Golden colour, I will try to take a snap when I get a second chance in my campus.

@Smooth, The look was completely different from what was discussed earlier and No, its not AVANZA either. Estima has a sharp nose [look] that looks exactly like the photos you see in the link I put above.

Could be an import, but it steering wheel was on right side only. May be, this is normal. I dont know.
Old 23rd March 2011, 07:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is selling a lot of vehicles in India through the CBU route. I have seen a Hilux here sold by the local dealer. May be thats how its coming.

But wonder what would bethe pricing if it comes as an CBU and whether it would make sense for someone to buy it.
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:12   #8
BHPian

A white Toyota Estima was parked near M G Road couple of days back. Not sure if it was the test drive vehicle. I guess it was a Toyota service station as a number of Land Cruisers were also parked there.

Most Viewed