Team-BHP - K&N not a MGA certified product..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   K&N not a MGA certified product.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9849-k-n-not-mga-certified-product.html)

TBHP members, if you have a Maruti product which is in the Warranty period and you want to fit a K&N filter, think twice or wait till the Warranty period gets over as Maruti does not accept K&N as a Genuine Maruti replacement product and it would void your warranty.
This was published in the Gateway magazine. (maruti publishes this magazine monthly)

Also, only Aura alloy wheels with the company mentioned tire size is considered as an in-warranty modification.

If you want to upgrade to fog lamps, again you need to go for the MGA product that produces such feeble illumination, that a zero candle bulb is brighter.

If you fit any of these non maruti authorised fittings then be prepared for a rejection of your warranty liablity.

This was told by one of the senior manager at maruti on the Gateway magazine for December 05.

hhmm.. Thats interesting bcoz even today i saw the RNS guys selling the K&N replacement filters and also giving warranty for the same .. Wonder when was this change brought about ..

You can read it all in the Gateway Dec'05 magazine.
Also, my firend bought a Zen 2004 from RNS, and got a Universal K&N filter fitted.
The car developed a ticking noise in the engine. He showed it to RNS who tried a lot of stunts on the car and finally told him that it was due to the K&N he had fitted on the car.

hey ...be smart .....fit a k&n filter in ur car ...but whenever u gofor service just fit back ur stock filter ...no one will know...about electricals ...yeah its better u get MGA fitted ...but maruti does not make bulbs...u can fit bulbs of any make..

my car an exhaust job done as soon as i got delivery ...but faced no problems with the warranty ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by adit1329
Also, my firend bought a Zen 2004 from RNS, and got a Universal K&N filter fitted.

That's the catch. My K&N is dealer installed. He gave me two choices, use stock replacement K&N filter and retain warranty or use Universal K&N and lose warranty, I went with the former.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
That's the catch. My K&N is dealer installed. He gave me two choices, use stock replacement K&N filter and retain warranty or use Universal K&N and lose warranty, I went with the former.

i had parts worth 25k+ replaced in the car in the first 4 years under warranty ...yeah fitting the stock replacement filter helps as u can keep the stock one in the boot...whenever u go for service just change the filter ;)

Warranty issues are dealer pertinent... If the dealer agrees that the warranty wont be void then no matter what maruti says u will still get warranty.. Just to give u an example... If there is some problem caused due to replacement K&N filter then just put back the original filter back in and send the car to the dealer.. he will never know u had a aftermarket airfilter ever installed..
But if u take the dealer into confidence then maybe even if u send it with the filter before he has to show the company service incharge about the problem he will replace the aftermkt with the stock and then show the problem...
Why create such a big issue about of it..
The only reason why auto companies say this is because K&N is a no replacement filter and because of which maruti will loose valuable revenue from spare parts...
Cheers

Yes, the trick in the book says replace the air filter before you give them morons your baby for a service. Ideally do not give your baby to service at the place you bought the car, give it to any authorised service center who will do a better job than the dealer. If you face warranty issues remove extras and give it to them in stock condition.....

But the point is not that, how can a mere air filter cause damage..
this goes on to show the ridiculous attitude in the Indian Car Industry...
India is supposed to be the highest car market in the world by 2010 according to BBC. Car companies like VW are closing in most asian countries and want a piece of the pie and here we have dealers who still feel they are KINGS and the Customer is a FOOL(softer words as blasphemy is prohibhited)..

yeah and one more thing... if you are giving the car for service with the aftermarket filter then please inform them not to wash the filter... they did that to my friend who has a k&n installed in his zen and he had to drive for two days with the stock filter as mandovi had washed the engine compartment without removing the airfilter or covering it up... finally after 2 days and using the specified lube we were able to fit the filter back...